Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star(Ares) FNC info?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Star(Ares) FNC

Anyone have any experiance with this aeg? Are they any good or what.The gearbox is plastic,is this a problem?

any info is good info!:)......unless its pure rubbish altogether!!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

fiach dubh did a review of that aeg on this forum, use the search facility and you'll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

thanks.the review was helpful but I saw fiach dubh and someone else had mech issues.I might still get it but to be honest I just want to get an aeg that takes stanag mags and isnt an M4,everyone and his dog has one including me!:rolleyes:......but an fnc is on top of my list;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dunnaman93 wrote: »
    I just want to get an aeg that takes stanag mags and isnt an M4,everyone and his dog has one including me!:rolleyes:......but an fnc is on top of my list;)

SCAR L
    HK 416
    L85
    Sig SG 556
    Tavor (little wait for it)

A Tavor!!!!..........savage!!!!whose releasing it??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ares/Star but I think it's getting re-branded under the Cybergun name for Europe.

Here is a video of it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055513444&page=3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

A small update on my review about the jamming issue. It does tend to jam if you pump the trigger while in burst mode, not every few shots but there's a chance of it occuring. However there's a handy little hole located on the bottom of the receiver just behind the pistol grip, if you push a small screwdriver into the hole the gearbox will fire and unjam.

For the price that Ares is charging the FNC is well worth it.

Fiach dubh was the mech issue hard to fix?and is the poly carb gearbox sturdy oh ya i saw on your review that the hop up was a bit over enthusiastic.with a bucking and rubber change would i be able to shoot .20s ok?????

oh ya how much is that tavor????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

The issue with the mechbox was actually just a jam which could have been cleared via the port I mentioned above. The gun comes with no instructions and it's easy to not know what it does.

Changing the rubber and bucking might sort the issue out alright. I haven't tried myself since I use .25's a lot. I do know a lot of STAR/Ares hops have this issue. My mates Ares M60 is the same.

As far as the gearbox goes I couldn't see it breaking with a sub 1 joule spring. Plenty of these gearboxes have been run for years with no trouble. However if you did get the gun and loved it but were worried about the mech you can now get a metal one from Ares.

thanks.If i can muster up some cash,hopefully ill get a job for the summer then a FNC will definately be on the wishlist:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Ares/Star but I think it's getting re-branded under the Cybergun name for Europe.

Here is a video of it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055513444&page=3

not from what i've heard , i've been quoted for the ares tavor already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement