Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adli - Medion sat nav €145

• 23-03-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This any good ???
    MedionGoPalE3230 Design GPS Navigation System

Small and handy with a 3.5" touchscreen display
    Cross-border navigation across 23 Western European countries (all maps pre-loaded and ready to go!)
    PIN code security – Protect your navigation device from theft
    SiRFInstantFixII™ for position determination in a matter of seconds
    Text-to-speech* for precise voice guidance
    Maps for Western Europe
    Quickest, shortest and most economical route
    2 GB integrated memory
    Speed limit advisor
    Safety camera warnings pre-loaded
    Picture viewer, travel guide, alarm function and game

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2867_8627.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Sounds ok, anyone get GPS from Laldi? any experience how they stand up to Garmin???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Merch wrote: »
    Sounds ok, anyone get GPS from Laldi? any experience how they stand up to Garmin???

This Garmin 350 would be comparable and a better deal at £85 + £10 shipping to ROI. (about €105)

The Medion has similar NAVTEQ maps to the Garmin and has a better 3 year warranty, but Garmin now offer a "maps for life" map upgrade which would be cheaper than upgrading the Medion maps a few times.

I just picked up this widescreen Garmin 250W for £107.75 delivered which also works out cheaper than the Aldi one....

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Garmin now offer a "maps for life" map upgrade which would be cheaper than upgrading the Medion maps a few times

I must look this up, I have a Nuvi 310 gps which my other half uses exclusively now, but would like to get myself one, I guess the updates can only be used on one device??

Do-more wrote: »
    This Garmin 350 would be comparable and a better deal at £85 + £10 shipping to ROI. (about €105)

The Medion has similar NAVTEQ maps to the Garmin and has a better 3 year warranty, but Garmin now offer a "maps for life" map upgrade which would be cheaper than upgrading the Medion maps a few times.

I just picked up this widescreen Garmin 250W for £107.75 delivered which also works out cheaper than the Aldi one....

Ordered the 250W just before I posted above on Tuesday morning, arrived in post this morning! Very happy with quick delivery and beats waiting in a Q at Aldi!

Unit is as described with V.9 maps but just registered online and latest maps are downloading as I type...

invest4deepvalue.com

How can I tell what updates are available on garmin as in there are a few new roads near me and they are not in my GPS, I looked up updates but could find if these roads were included,
    I dont want to pay for an update if the updates dont include my local ones also these are main roads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Very poor value really, any bog standard Garmin would be better.

In fact, until recently when some scrote put a screwdriver through my car window and made off with it, I had this: Navman S30

a proper nice piece of kit, UK/Irl maps only but SD slot, etc and very user friendly. Bargain at £50* tbph, the S50 at £68* gives the 4.3" screen.

*add VAT 15pc for UK.

Merch wrote: »
    How can I tell what updates are available on garmin as in there are a few new roads near me and they are not in my GPS, I looked up updates but could find if these roads were included,
    I dont want to pay for an update if the updates dont include my local ones also these are main roads

I'm not a 100% sure but I think that these maps are the same as on the latest release from Garmin.

e.g. the N6 dualer is shown from Kinnegad to Killbeggan but the new section from Killbeggan to Athlone is not shown.

If you get the nüMaps Lifetime™ Europe you get 4 map updates per year so you would hope that new roads will appear quicker, but it's very pricey at €110.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement