Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Fcuking Dublin Bus, because two 49s couldn't turn up on time I didn't get to get out for a run this evening. :mad:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/inov-8-iroc-elite-15-rucksack-ss10/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

The big boys are on their way.
    Work in the public sector - you may not have a job next year.
    Social welfare - you'll be living on a lot less.
    Have to go to the hospital - make sure its still open.
    Private sector paying tax - expect to pay alot more.
    Going to college - hope your rich.
    Own a house - expect to pay a big property tax.
    You want council services - you'll pay rates.
    Last to leave turn off the lights:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just spilt my beer over my work laptop, so have to get another one now. :mad:

...and that means getting out of my seat to go to the kitchen.

gerard65 wrote: »

It's all going to go up in our place. Rumours are circulating. Departments have to make big cuts, permanent contracts mean nothing it seems.

We're already massively short staffed and overworked.

Never mind though, once they make sure there's enough in the bank for Cowen's quarterly bonus before he heads off on his Christmas break(4 weeks is it?). That's what's important.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Really should get something like that... found out the hard way that my normal backpack starts to chafe my neck after more than about 3 miles of running. :eek: This isn't good when it's a little under 7 miles to work!

• Advertisement

Still, great news on Prince Willy's engagment. She's not a bad looking bird.
    Can't wait for the invite:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

For some reason I decided to turn the laptop off, now if won't turn back on again. Looks like I've to go spend more money tomorrow. :(
    She's not a bad looking bird.

I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

robinph wrote: »
    I would.

........give her a jolly good rodgering and have a spiffing time. Hurrahhh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I'm as patriotic as anyone and I hate the idea of handing over control of the country to an unelected set of plutocrats in Brussels. But Cowen & his cronies have screwed things up so royally I would almost rather any power was taken off them. And every other mainstream party is as bad, we have neither co-operation or coherent opposition.

It's going to be an interesting year...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭thepassanger

'm as patriotic as anyone and I hate the idea of handing over control of the country to an unelected set of plutocrats in Brussels. But Cowen & his cronies have screwed things up so royally
    how about people begin to, oh lets say, revolt. dont hand over any power, show our "leaders" that we are our own leaders.
    none of this "let brussels take over cause we suck" if the government try to charge more tax we could just say get yer fookin hands out of our pockets! off with yer heads! plus instead of living luxuriously we could begin to be more responsible with things like waste food. if you know of a place to where shops dumpster lots of food then go get it. second hand stuff is "NEW TO YOU" so no need to buy clothes from consumeristic marketed to feck shops and labels.
    rant rant RANT RANT the government are rats! RANT RANT RANT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

^wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

how about people begin to, oh lets say, revolt. dont hand over any power, show our "leaders" that we are our own leaders.
    none of this "let brussels take over cause we suck" if the government try to charge more tax we could just say get yer fookin hands out of our pockets! off with yer heads! plus instead of living luxuriously we could begin to be more responsible with things like waste food. if you know of a place to where shops dumpster lots of food then go get it. second hand stuff is "NEW TO YOU" so no need to buy clothes from consumeristic marketed to feck shops and labels.
    rant rant RANT RANT the government are rats! RANT RANT RANT

How many pints of Oul Arthurs finest have you had? Be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭thepassanger

i may have had one, but it was a bio beer! HA :rolleyes:

Question for the boys. If you were my 30 year old brother how would you react if I handed you a scalextric set for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Question for the boys. If you were my 30 year old brother how would you react if I handed you a scalextric set for Christmas?

I'm 31 and I'd throw it back at you but you could get me gran turismo 5 instead :D

^ I'd be delighted.

Not only would I have a great new toy to play with, but I'd officially have lost a few years as well.

I wouldn't be happy. Thats probably good then? My sister got me a belt before...it was too small. I should have given her a belt [joke].

Don't think I'd be that interested, but a train set, now that would be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'd tie you to the tracks and put some fast piano music on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

I'd supply you with the rope

• Advertisement

Is there a way of viewing boards forums so that loads of posts can be on one page and you don't need to keep clicking 'next page'? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Mmmm, kinky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Is there a way of viewing boards forums so that loads of posts can be on one page and you don't need to keep clicking 'next page'? Cheers.

You can change to 40 in your User CP settings

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Misty,

I use an add on fot Firefox which is called Autopager - Their website is http://www.teesoft.info/

" AutoPager is a Firefox extension which automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinite scrolling of content"

Works grand for me.

Geld

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

France are beating england in wembley, ha ha ha. A year on i think we can forgive France but we'll never forgive England.:p

France are beating england in wembley, ha ha ha. A year on i think we can forgive France but we'll never forgive England.:p
    And just as you post Crouch scores a cracker. Its not over yet;)

You can change to 40 in your User CP settings
    geld wrote: »
    Misty,

I use an add on fot Firefox which is called Autopager - Their website is http://www.teesoft.info/

" AutoPager is a Firefox extension which automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinite scrolling of content"

Works grand for me.

Geld

Excellent, thanks for that folks. I tried that add on on Google.....very handy, thanks.

Tomorrow the IMF/EU are arriving to kick our ass because of the economy, and Norway will be leaving after kicking our ass in football. SHAMEFUL STUFF:mad:

geld wrote: »
    Geld

Geld that really is handy. I should have used this years ago.
    Any other handy add ons you use....for anything like? This firefox is great :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Damn exam results are out tonight at 3am where I am! F#$K!!!!

Advertisement