Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jesus f'ing Christ, I just put Fade Street on, out of curiosity. Bloody hell, this is what our TV license pays for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

'Have I got news for you' on BBC1 are taking the complete piss out of us:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

gerard65 wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish we were still under the British yoke. Between 80 years of religious subservience, and 10 of not being able to add up, we've hardly been poster boys for independence. At least they have a Royal wedding to divert their front pages from gloom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Sometimes I wish we were still under the British yoke. Between 80 years of religious subservience, and 10 of not being able to add up, we've hardly been poster boys for independence. At least they have a Royal wedding to divert their front pages from gloom.
    The Independent (British one) had a front page picture of a ghost estate in Ireland in black and white, looked like something out of the famine.
    Just watching primetime, Pat Rabbite has just lashed Pat Carey - great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

gerard65 wrote: »

Time to get rid of the telly. Its wall to wall depression. News and Primetime are pretty miserable too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Jesus f'ing Christ, I just put Fade Street on, out of curiosity. Bloody hell, this is what our TV license pays for...

They all have a bunch of heads that you would take great pleasure in throttling a punch at. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

ULstudent wrote: »
    They all have a bunch of heads that you would take great pleasure in throttling a punch at. :pac:

I thought you were talking about the politicians on the news :)

Brian or Inda or whoever blag's an invite to Will's bash, and gives him five or six banks as a present. You can't refuse a wedding gift. Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Brian or Inda or whoever

By the time the wedding comes round, it's probably going to be Olli (assuming he isn't running the country already, of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Failed my finals for ACA :( 4 months of busting my balls for nothing. No way Ill be repeating next year. Only a lunatic would leave Australia and come home to a country in such a mess to study all that same crap over again! Time to find a new profession.

• Advertisement

Pudding mixture all prepared and ready for steaming tomorrow. I can't wait till Christmas to eat pudding, how am I supposed to leave it sitting there for weeks and not eat all of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Someone from India sent me this today with a greeting to enjoy Stir up Sunday, first time I heard of it tbh:

Stir-up Sunday is a traditional day for everyone in the family to take a turn at stirring the Christmas Pudding, whilst making a wish. It begins 4 Sundays before Christmas.
    On this day, families return from Church to give the Christmas Pudding its traditional lucky stir. The pudding mixture is always stirred from East to West to honour the three Wise Men who visited the baby Jesus. Each family member makes a secret wish while stirring.
    The Christmas Pudding is traditionally made with 13 ingredients to represent Christ and His Disciples. A coin was added to the ingredients and cooked in the pudding. It was supposedly to bring wealth to whoever found it on their plate on Christmas Day. The Pudding is made a month before Christmas Day so that the flavours have plenty of time to develop by then.

I knew there was a less American term for it. I used Black Friday(they start their shopping and preperations for christmas or some crap like that) but I made everyone get up from in front of the tv and stir my pudding mixture while making a wish all the same. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

04072511 wrote: »
    Failed my finals for ACA :( 4 months of busting my balls for nothing. No way Ill be repeating next year. Only a lunatic would leave Australia and come home to a country in such a mess to study all that same crap over again! Time to find a new profession.
    Hey, don't waste all that effort, go for a retake. It's too good a qualification to give up at the last hurdle. Do you know where you fell down so you can focus on those areas? It's many years ago now but I retook my Final II, thought I'd done even worse than first time, and passed. You can study in Oz surely?

Never thought id see the day my name was printed on media belong side an anrticle.

In other news, anyone else coming down with something? LAst 2 days it feels like im constantly dehydrated even though im not, fuzzy headed almost, tiredish

My runs the last 2 days have been 45 - 1min slower than what they always are but with the same effort.

Bit of RandR me thinks, although have to work 7.30 tomorrow morning. Ughhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

ULstudent wrote: »
    Never thought id see the day my name was printed on media belong side an anrticle.

:eek: And you call yourself a writer??!!

:D

Having a really good evening so far tonight:

1) the wood burning stove I put in isn't killing us with carbon monoxide,
    2) had choritzo for the first time in five years,
    3) remembered that New Day Rising is the best rock song ever:pac:

Tonight is a night I am proud to be Irish, ooopppps, i mean Greek.

It's a night like tonight, I am glad i am applying for teaching in South Korea for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

6fig salary guy in nice suit: Buddy I'm afraid we will have to cut social welfare and minimum wage, I'll leave it to you to tell your community cause I'm... eh out of office next week
    Min wage guy: But Sir I can barely afford my mortgage as is...
    6fig salary guy in nice suit: Ah don't worry about that, when we give up paying the higher interest debt we took out to pay this debt, we will repossess your home with your own taxes. One less thing for you to worry about eh!
    Min wage guy: I guess...??

Meanwhile Vincent Brown (whatever you think about him) fires 4 straight questions at Shrek, who dodges each with the grace of a hippo with a hernia. Not only that, but spat out the ole 'decisions I have undertaken for the benefit of this country spiel' as the room glared at him.

Take a bow Shrek, now return to the swamp punk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Great win for Spurs on Saturday, let's hope all the Boards.ie Gooners were watching :D Gallas led from the back.

What's happening at Chelsea? Very poor run of form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Why not cut off welfare completely for scobies in the sink estates who reach the age of 30 having never worked?
    Let them take the minimum wage as not the harder option, but the only option.

How much would that save the country?

This place is a welfare state, knackers in finglas and ballyer with their sky dishes and 5kids by 30 with money to do whatever they want, while the decent joe soaps who scrape by cannot afford to send their childen to college............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Why not cut off welfare completely for scobies in the sink estates who reach the age of 30 having never worked?
    Let them take the minimum wage as not the harder option, but the only option.

How much would that save the country?

This place is a welfare state, knackers in finglas and ballyer with their sky dishes and 5kids by 30 with money to do whatever they want, while the decent joe soaps who scrape by cannot afford to send their childen to college............

ouch :D
    no point turning on each other, I think you'd be better off directing that anger towards goverment buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Woddle wrote: »
    ouch :D
    no point turning on each other, I think you'd be better off directing that anger towards goverment buildings.

Wish I could but my employers don't pay me when I'm not here.
    It won't be long now though until the riots start, if there isn't at least one day of major public unrest we'll be a laughing stock.

For all those doubters of the new season of Dexter, be prepeared to eat your words, awesome last episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

galwayspur wrote: »
    What's happening at Chelsea? Very poor run of form.

Birmingham goal attempts 1 Goals 1
    Chelsea goal attempts 25 Goals 0

I think Chelsea can count themselves very unfortunate - I'm so sad for them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Woddle wrote: »
    For all those doubters of the new season of Dexter, be prepeared to eat your words, awesome last episode.

I wonder when is Series 5 going to be on FX? Great show.

Yep season 5 is excellent and only 3 episodes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

It sucks being sick
    Spent last night puking up- think it was Saturday's reheated Lasagna that I ate as nobody else ate it and they are all fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

looking for some help from the more techie people. As we're coming to the end of the year and the start of 2011 there will be a few tables coming to ART. I've had a couple of pm's asking for instructions for tables. Could someone post the instructions for inserting a table (the tags, delimitered etc) and I'll add them to one of the stickies so that we have a reference. Thanks.

Advertisement