Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Excellent video from The North Face Endurance Challenge 50 miler.

Good insight into the race with the camera guy running along the trails with the elites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTMcv5rIzl4&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

The grim reaper reading the budget now - here comes the pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Just done my first snowy run. 8 w/6 @ tempo turned into 6 w/6@ tiptoe... I did get called a "mad B@stard" by some teenagers though. *blows oin fingernails*, yep, I still got it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

I am disgusted by athletes who use this downturn in the weather as an excuse to stop training. With the downturn in the economy I suppose the same people dont buy anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

I am disgusted by athletes who use this downturn in the weather as an excuse to stop training. With the downturn in the economy I suppose the same people dont buy anything.

don't think you can compare laziness to train with poor spending habits

• Advertisement

don't think you can compare laziness to train with poor spending habits

Why not?

If you are going to disagree with my assertion which is fine, at least give some reasons rather than just quoting the post with a vague reply

Regards

Woodchopper

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

if you look at the poll....out of the 55 runners that will run entirely outdoors 9 are injured.....and that is in only 2 weeks of bad weather

the risk of injury is substantial........threadmill is the best option but as you said with the downturn in the economy not everyone one has that option

........threadmill is the best option but as you said with the downturn in the economy not everyone one has that option[/QUOTE]

An excellent post

yep its a very well known strong correlation between running in bad weather and spending during a recession

To all the great folk on this website the essence of my post was to argue that just because things are bad doesnt mean you stop. Well in most cases anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oh goody, another wind up merchant. :rolleyes:

Oh goody, another wind up merchant. :rolleyes:

Im sorry but this is not my intention. Perhaps I have stirred the hornets nest by my previous remarks.

Why not?

If you are going to disagree with my assertion which is fine, at least give some reasons rather than just quoting the post with a vague reply

Regards

Woodchopper

I find your opinion rather vague, we're all entitled to our opinions of course. How can lazy trainers and people with poor spending habits be interlinked? is there socio logic evidence of this?

Im the complete opposite, I always train yet im a conservative spender

To all the great folk on this website the essence of my post was to argue that just because things are bad doesnt mean you stop. Well in most cases anyway!

Here lies your answer if you bothered reading it. No socio economic jargan was intended

Here lies your answer if you bothered reading it. No socio economic jargan was intended

I agree with people being lazy and using the snow as an excuse not to run but why did you interlink this with spending habits?

I agree with people being lazy and using the snow as an excuse not to run but why did you interlink this with spending habits?

I dont think you get it
    Here it is anyway

If the weather is bad you do not stop running.
    If the economy is bad you do not stop spending.

Simple

Regards
    Woodchopper

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

I dont think you get it
    Here it is anyway

Simple

Regards
    Woodchopper

Will someone run a regression on this please?
    Until then I am not convinced
    Maybe somebody could point me in the direction of one

Indeed RQ

Im sorry but this is not my intention. Perhaps I have stirred the hornets nest by my previous remarks.

You didn't 'intend' to wind people up by calling them lazy? OK then...

I dont think you get it
    Here it is anyway

Simple

Regards
    Woodchopper

Ok then..cheers

You didn't 'intend' to wind people up by calling them lazy? OK then...

Where in any of my posts have I called anyone lazy.
    Please find the source where I stated these words

Regards Chopper

• Advertisement

Where in any of my posts have I called anyone lazy.
    Please find the source where I stated these words

Regards Chopper

I do apologise, BornToRun translated the words from your post into 'laziness' you were still pointing towards laziness while trying to raise a reaction from those who have chosen not to go out and run on ice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Simple

If the economy is bad and you've lost your job, or taken a pay cut, or realised your job is precarious, or you don't have any equity in your house, or you're suddenly paying more in taxes or college fees or mortgage interest... then yes, unless you are a complete idiot you spend less money.
    Simple :rolleyes:

RayCun wrote: »
    If the economy is bad and you've lost your job, or taken a pay cut, or realised your job is precarious, or you don't have any equity in your house, or you're suddenly paying more in taxes or college fees or mortgage interest... then yes, unless you are a complete idiot you spend less money.
    Simple :rolleyes:

Again where in my quote to I say to continue spending beyond ones means. Are you telling me people who reach the above criteria do not spend any money not even a single penny. Read my posts and dont jump to conclusions

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

RayCun wrote: »
    unless you are a complete idiot you spend less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Don't feed the TROLL
    Wind
    Up
    Merchant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Have a go at this running game. Warning: It'll frustrate the hell out of you

http://www.primarygames.com/arcade/skill/qwop/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

opus wrote: »

As it says in the article, "if it seems like a roundabout way to stay hydrated... well, that's because it is", no need to comment any further!

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Don't feed the TROLL
    Wind
    Up
    Merchant

You can call me a troll although a brief look at my past comments would tell everybody on this site that I have a vast array of athletic knowledge particularly in distance running where I have learned greatly from Gabriele Rosa in Kenya.

• Advertisement

You can call me a troll although a brief look at my past comments would tell everybody on this site that I have a vast array of athletic knowledge particularly in distance running where I have learned greatly from Gabriele Rosa in Kenya.
    Agreed your previous posts that i remeber from cfitz log were excellent, and i was only jousting back at you as i figured you were just ripping it.

I think you could of used an the spending anology without the black comedy and people might have got it. To be honest i dont think it was that clear. but your overall point is a good one.

Advertisement