Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Don't know how many of you already know this but there is a campaign to get this to the Irish Christmas number one spot ahead of the x factor winner. It would be epic! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

menoscemo wrote: »
    Don't know how many of you already know this but there is a campaign to get this to the Irish Christmas number one spot ahead of the x factor winner. It would be epic! :pac:

Those clowns do not deserve any attention for the way they treated athletes in the Dublin City Marathon making a mockery of athletes clearly in difficulty while they jumped about laughing and screaming dressed as supermen. They are far from it.Anyway why are some people so anti X Factor. I do not watch all the shows but have some passing interest. What did the young guy from Mullingar who is in the boyband do wrong to deserve this treatment. For if his band wins these clowns will try to stop any dreams this young man had at reaching Number 1 in his home country. From what it seems some people are taking their anger out on these contestants because they dont like Simon Cowell because of his wealth which he has earned. Get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Those clowns do not deserve any attention for the way they treated athletes in the Dublin City Marathon making a mockery of athletes clearly in difficulty while they jumped about laughing and screaming dressed as supermen.

whats this about? I didn't hear about that.

xfactor is a load of gick. End of story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

From what it seems some people are taking their anger out on these contestants because they dont like Simon Cowell because of his wealth which he has earned. Get over it

Wrong. Again. The stance is against manufactured music...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

menoscemo wrote: »

Class... but what about Cage Against the Machine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

T From what it seems some people are taking their anger out on these contestants because they dont like Simon Cowell because of his wealth which he has earned. Get over it

Are you Roy Keane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

You can call me a troll although a brief look at my past comments would tell everybody on this site that I have a vast array of athletic knowledge particularly in distance running where I have learned greatly from Gabriele Rosa in Kenya.

You are deliberately being a contrarion in this case, so yes in my opinion you are being a troll or probably more accurately a wind up merchant. I couldn't give a fig about your other comments, do you think I'm bothered checking out all your posts?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

From what it seems some people are taking their anger out on these contestants because they dont like Simon Cowell because of his wealth which he has earned. Get over it

Anger against the man that did this is fully justified I reckon:

Sorry for the rubbish quality, but about all I could find and YouTube seems to have removed others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Dexter spoiler
    ****test finish ever to a season and it so shouldn't have been :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Watched MASH(Robert altman's original film not the naff tv show)at the weekend and by God that has to be the funniest film ever made. Brilliant. Saw it when I was about 18, thought it was good back then but didnt really appreciate how good it was until now.
    Saw The Hangover last year and I was baffled as to why people thought it was funny. I thought it was just a poorly made film with weak jokes. And compared to MASH, the hangover looks even worse. Standards have definitely dropped since 1970.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Woddle wrote:

I dare not even click on the thanks button, and especially not the quote button as I know that will ruin it, but thanks for reminding me that I'm a couple of weeks behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There is only so long that one can spend in the Dundrum centre. I think I went past that this evening, and still didn't get all the shopping I wanted. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Okay - going to change my username. No more ULstudent :(

I meant to change it a while back but never got around to it so suggestions people, suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ULstudent wrote: »

I meant to change it a while back but never got around to it so suggestions people, suggestions
    ULGraduate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

the Spin Doctor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

the Spin Doctor :)
    I'll 2nd that motion ;)
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    The Spin Doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

RTE player on the ps3, excellent idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Hope the mods let me away, with this, not trying to advertise, more do another boardsie a favour. Anyway i have a spare set of car 4 tyres (16 inch - 225/50), that im happy to let go at a nominal fee of 60e (for all 4), as i just dont have storage space for them. They all have 80% + thread and 2 are continental contact sport (around 120e each new), 1 is bridgestone and the other is fullrun. If anyone wants them please feel free to pm me.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Hope the mods let me away, with this, not trying to advertise, more do another boardsie a favour. Anyway i have a spare set of car 4 tyres (16 inch - 225/50), that im happy to let go at a nominal fee of 60e (for all 4), as i just dont have storage space for them. They all have 80% + thread and 2 are continental contact sport (around 120e each new), 1 is bridgestone and the other is fullrun. If anyone wants them please feel free to pm me.

Sounds like they came off something nice, what do you drive?

I got a flat on the way back from Donegal a couple of weeks ago and it turns out I need a new tyre. €125 for the pleasure, I'm in the wrong job...

Think il go with something like the spin doc or something. First to actually subscribe to boards. watch this space.

Also - why do people who walk very slowly take up so much space on the footpath. MOVE, i actually have to be somewhere.

• Advertisement

Sounds like they came off something nice, what do you drive?

I got a flat on the way back from Donegal a couple of weeks ago and it turns out I need a new tyre. €125 for the pleasure, I'm in the wrong job...
    3 series coupe, have 17's for the summer but putting winters on a set of 16 alloys and as im storing the summers i just dont have room for 4 more tyres. Yeah i hear you re the prices - the 4 winters cost a packet, but being a rwd its a necessity as i cant afford to miss work and use the car alot.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    3 series coupe, have 17's for the summer but putting winters on a set of 16 alloys and as im storing the summers i just dont have room for 4 more tyres. Yeah i hear you re the prices - the 4 winters cost a packet, but being a rwd its a necessity as i cant afford to miss work and use the car alot.

I had a bet with myself it would be a beemer :D

I've laid the Lotus up for the winter but I was *so* tempted to take it out for a spin during the snow, it's tail happy at the best of times but it would have been such a laugh. Trouble is my enthusiasm isn't matched by my talent and I'd have wrapped it around a tree...

I had a bet with myself it would be a beemer :D

I've laid the Lotus up for the winter but I was *so* tempted to take it out for a spin during the snow, it's tail happy at the best of times but it would have been such a laugh. Trouble is my enthusiasm isn't matched by my talent and I'd have wrapped it around a tree...
    Yeah i had a play in a car park during the snow and ice on some old tyres, funny in an empty car park with no walls around not so funny sliding to and from clients premises. One night i had to ditch it too. and i ve been parking it outside my estate as i cant get out up the hill with the ice. RWD in snow and ice just doesnt work. But my bro lives in austria were all the bimmers fly around even in the winter - so he has convinced me to take the plunge on the winters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

.....The poster formerly known as Ulstudent

Is there anything here health, nutrition, training, cross training etc related that people would like to read more about? (please exclude the topic 'overtraining' or anything related too or anything cycling related - cheers)

or any questions that ye would pose and like investigated?

1st intruiging post wins a prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Is there anything here health, nutrition, training, cross training etc related that people would like to read more about? (please exclude the topic 'overtraining' or anything related too or anything cycling related - cheers)

Dear ULstudent, my Asics are coming up for 2,000 miles on the clock. They're pretty battered but they still haven't fallen apart. I haven't broken down with various injuries as would be predicted by many.

Please advise if I should continue regardless or whether I should invest in new runners.

Thank you.

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Dear ULstudent, my Asics are coming up for 2,000 miles on the clock. They're pretty battered but they still haven't fallen apart. I haven't broken down with various injuries as would be predicted by many.

Please advise if I should continue regardless or whether I should invest in new runners.

Thank you.

New shoes in the post for you - happy crimbo!

Interesting topic suggestion though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Myth or Fact?

I was once told that I can get my daily fruit allowance from eating blackcurrant flavoured fruit pastiles - please, please confirm this as fact!

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Myth or Fact?

I was once told that I can get my daily fruit allowance from eating blackcurrant flavoured fruit pastiles - please, please confirm this as fact!

Sure everyman and his dog knows that. Sure, drinking orange lucozade sport counts as 1 of your 5 a day don't you know.

See, I'm throwing some short little articles together and anything running, training, nutrition related etc. is out there so instead of writing stuff that I have an interest in (like i already have), id like for some people to throw me some ideas that i might write some stuff on.

Advertisement