Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Woddle wrote: »
    Just spent 2 hours clearing the drive, so as to have some chance of making it to my grandparents on xmas day, all I need is for the snow to stay away.

SNAP!
    156816_1631069510949_1662987617_1399379_1197291_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just back from doing the Xmas shopping. Couldn't resist checking out the offers in JJB. Got a pair of Nike Lunarswift and an adidas trail runner for €70 combined. Spent more time and money on runners for myself than any other present :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just back from doing the Xmas shopping. Couldn't resist checking out the offers in JJB. Got a pair of Nike Lunarswift and an adidas trail runner for €70 combined. Spent more time and money on runners for myself than any other present :pac:

Haha, went into JJB in the Square on my way home (decided to get the Luas rather than the bus), they had quite a few different pairs of Nike and Asics runners reduced, but nothing in my size :mad:

*glares at other size 7 women buying all my bargains*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Apologies if posted already. Would bring a lump to the throat, US cross country school runner crawls to the line to win the State championship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Evj2ecqDi0

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Really off topics, but it with the good few post I made and as a race organiser I learned a few things this week, and thanks to my partner I discover a a few misatkes I do when replying :eek:

She just taught me that smilies, just don't look pretty, they actually mean something on boards.ie which mean I posted lots of them without knowing. "it's why they are called emoticon". My world is falling apart, I just used them beacuse they looked cool.

Anyway.... you know now (but most of you knows me anyway)

seb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

locteau wrote: »
    Really off topics, but it with the good few post I made and as a race organiser I learned a few things this week, and thanks to my partner I discover a a few misatkes I do when replying :eek:

She just taught me that smilies, just don't look pretty, they actually mean something on boards.ie which mean I posted lots of them without knowing. "it's why they are called emoticon". My world is falling apart, I just used them beacuse they looked cool.

Anyway.... you know now (but most of you knows me anyway)

seb
    :eek::D;):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Just spent 2 hours clearing the drive, so as to have some chance of making it to my grandparents on xmas day, all I need is for the snow to stay away.
    Well that was a waste of two hours:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

gerard65 wrote: »
    Well that was a waste of two hours:rolleyes:

Absolutely :D
    I got up early and hit the shops but by the time I got back I couldn't get the car back up the drive so I had to get the shovel out again. I've now got the car back up the drive but the drive is now covered again :D and I have a sore back to boot

Absolutely :D
    I got up early and hit the shops but by the time I got back I couldn't get the car back up the drive so I had to get the shovel out again. I've now got the car back up the drive but the drive is now covered again :D and I have a sore back to boot
    I did it twice. Today I said to hell with it. I'll wait for the thaw. Still no food shopping done, I think it may be a case of falling back on the freezer, fishfingers and chips for xmas dinner. Just can't get out of the village, this weather isn't funny anymore.

Eventually dug my way out this morning and got to Tesco, the fishfingers and chips are back in the freezer:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Mulled wine making- no ground spice in the house. Wifey says the hardened jar of "Asian Spice Mix" I'm breaking up with a knife is not an acceptable substitute- who's right?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Digging out our driveway at home is turning into a 2-person job. Just moved about 18 inches of snow from between my mum's car and the hedge. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Mulled wine making- no ground spice in the house. Wifey says the hardened jar of "Asian Spice Mix" I'm breaking up with a knife is not an acceptable substitute- who's right?

The wife is right.

Asian Spice Mix for mulled wine? :eek::eek::eek:

The wife is right.

Asian Spice Mix for mulled wine? :eek::eek::eek:

Mulled wine turned out great, without any Oriental flavourings. "The wife is right" is good general advice for a trouble-free Christmas.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Meh, just add more alcohol to the mix and I'm sure it will be grand. You'l not notice the flavour after the first couple anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Got out for a nice easy 7 miler just before 7.30am. Back, dressed, showered and had brekkie by 9am. Now getting all dozy sitting in front of the TV :)

Happy Christmas

ULstudent wrote: »
    Got out for a nice easy 7 miler just before 7.30am. Back, dressed, showered and had brekkie by 9am. Now getting all dozy sitting in front of the TV :)

Happy Christmas

Dammit. You got you're run in before me :mad: :pac:

I actually feel toxic from the celebrations

A mate has challenged me to make him a runner in 2011- he's a lazy couch potato, who wants to get into marathons in a big way. He figures he will take one step (say, 1 meter) on Jan 1st, and collapse back into his couch. Want's to double his distance each previous day, so two steps on the 2nd. Four steps on the 3rd, eight on the 4th, and so on. How many days until he's running marathons?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

A couple of weeks, but the jump from 10k to 20k will kill him...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

18 days?

That is based on a purely guessed stride length of .5m becasue that made for an easier sum to figure out how may steps he'd need to make. That 18th day would require a 65km run though, give or take a bit.

Edit: Just saw you defined a stride length of a meter, that doesn't help him though as it would still take 17days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

A mate has challenged me to make him a runner in 2011- he's a lazy couch potato, who wants to get into marathons in a big way. He figures he will take one step (say, 1 meter) on Jan 1st, and collapse back into his couch. Want's to double his distance each previous day, so two steps on the 2nd. Four steps on the 3rd, eight on the 4th, and so on. How many days until he's running marathons?

Lol tell him to do it properly :P

New Year resolution: Don't be quite so lazy with the running.

I only made it over the 1000mile mark at the beginning of October and I assume I had a few more miles covered before the end of October what with that marathon thing as well. Total for the year is only 1178.2 though. Really quite rubbish. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

robinph wrote: »
    New Year resolution: Don't be quite so lazy with the running.

I only made it over the 1000mile mark at the beginning of October and I assume I had a few more miles covered before the end of October what with that marathon thing as well. Total for the year is only 1178.2 though. Really quite rubbish. :(

Start today, try for 1,200 for the year :)

Finished off 2010 with a 17mile LSR for Barcalona,(also my longest run of 2010 pretty much thanks to stupid fecking injury for 1st 6 months of the year), then went off to Durty Nellies in Bunratty for the afters of my friends wedding, small crowd, very informal, brilliant time there. Made my way into Limerick an hour ago, working now from 1 -6. Got my shift swapped from 8.30 to 1 thank feck. Hangovers and strong waft of chlorine is not good but lots of coffee helping.

Happy New Year! May 2011 be good, injury free and lots of ART PBs :)

Just sorting out my kit ready for going of skiing next week, now sat watching telly with my ski boots on to get the feet aclimatised again. Had a look out the window and it's snowing again. :D

Whoever|introduced|tables
    to|the|ART
    forum|needs|shooting

I may have been one of those responsible.

to|the|ART
    forum|needs|shooting

can someone put me in I introduced Woddle from the ART forum to the shooting forum thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Clearly, we need to add a Tables subforum

• Advertisement

to|the|ART
    forum|needs|shooting

I may have been one of those responsible.

Told you your mad ideas would never work. Excel spreadsheats? :rolleyes: Pffft. Who ever heard of them :pac:

Advertisement