Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Tables are great for what they do, listing a bunch of things in an organised manner.

They are not great at being the only content of 10,000 posts in a thread though. But it's just too complicated to try and teach people new things. I guess it took long enough to get the ARTists to be able to post tables in the first place, we just didn't realise the monster that was being created. :(
    RayCun wrote: »
    Clearly, we need to add a Tables subforum

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

We considered a sub-forum a while back, but felt there wouldn't be enough interest to justify a separate section for tables. Maybe some of the table threads with smaller take-up, and limited chat, (running streak is only used by a few, for example), should be moved to the training logs section? 1000 mile challenge stays where it is though, its very popular and a simple idea that gets people out the door every day:).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I was only joking about the subforum, but yeah, running streak and pushups could go in the training logs section. 1000 mile challenge gets well over 100 participants so should stay in the main forum, and SCR challenge should probably stay there too (or the arguments about road runners dominating A/R/T could return)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RayCun wrote: »
    I was only joking about the subforum, but yeah, running streak and pushups could go in the training logs section. 1000 mile challenge gets well over 100 participants so should stay in the main forum, and SCR challenge should probably stay there too (or the arguments about road runners dominating A/R/T could return)

Only joking about the subforum as well, I really do think that tables are used way too much round here and they are really starting to annoy me when I see them poping up in every other post now.

I just got an automated email from some UK Athletics account with details of my entry to the national XC champs. :eek: I only said that I'd probably be free on the day if they were desperate to make up the numbers but hoping they wouldn't pick me. Going to have to do some training now to make sure I don't come last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

You a member of a UKA club then Robin?

RoyMcC wrote: »
    You a member of a UKA club then Robin?

Yes, and it's all Woddles fault for coming up with his daft ideas that started this chain of events. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

After spending week looking forward to a much needed weekend away in London and getting to go to the Emirates. Despite my best efforts this morning there's no way I could make the trip. Lifes a bitch. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

After spending week looking forward to a much needed weekend away in London and getting to go to the Emirates. Despite my best efforts this morning there's no way I could make the trip. Lifes a bitch. :(

Jez sorry to hear that...are u ill of is it work related??

liamo123 wrote: »
    Jez sorry to hear that...are u ill of is it work related??

Ill unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Ill unfortunately.

On the plus side, you don't have to witness your team getting slaughtered ... ;)

On the plus side, you don't have to witness your team getting slaughtered ... ;)

Knowing my luck it'll be the best game ever seen at the emirates and we'll go on to win 4-1. I'm hoping for a replay now so I can try and make that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Knowing my luck it'll be the best game ever seen at the emirates and we'll go on to win 4-1. I'm hoping for a replay now so I can try and make that.

Speaking of which does anyone remember the 4 Fa cup games between the 2 teams in 1991 - abolute quality, what a titanic battle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Bye Bye Woy - long live the King!

I'm hoping for a replay now so I can try and make that.

Your wish has been fulfilled, booked a ticket yet? :D

Your wish has been fulfilled, booked a ticket yet? :D

Nearly booked flights. Have to make sure I can get time off work. I was told to pull a sicky, but I don't think that will work! :pac:

"It was a decision between Kenny Dalglish or a picture of Bill Shankly"

That's a real quote right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

"It was a decision between Kenny Dalglish or a picture of Bill Shankly"

That's a real quote right there!

I don't think anyone expects to much, its stop gap until we get a good young manager.

I can't believe some of the reactions from opposition fans and managers. I'm beginning to think they were quite happy to see us struggling.

This is Liverpool, we don't expect to win the league, we've been out of that race for 20 years, but surely we have a legitimate expectation to higher than 12th and 4 points from relegation. Especially given the fact we still have quality in the squad that are not performing. Hodgson did not have the respect of the players. There are massive player problems there aswell.

I don't think anyone expects to much, its stop gap until we get a good young manager.

I can't believe some of the reactions from opposition fans and managers. I'm beginning to think they were quite happy to see us struggling.

This is Liverpool, we don't expect to win the league, we've been out of that race for 20 years, but surely we have a legitimate expectation to higher than 12th and 4 points from relegation. Especially given the fact we still have quality in the squad that are not performing. Hodgson did not have the respect of the players. There are massive player problems there aswell.

Look, we had it on our downfall too. It's funny to your real rivals, as in - Man U, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, 'smaller' clubs just like to see a bigger, more popular, better supported club crumble. They'd laugh if you got relegated and then next year they'd all be talking about how much they miss having you around.

Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc still sing about Leeds years after we left the Premiership. We still sing about scum, we sing about Chelsea because of Bates, but, like the tie against Liverpool in the League Cup last year, Scum in the FA cup and now Arsenal, the internet forums are hopping with excitement from the fans of the PL clubs who can't wait to play us again. We have the likes of Brentford and Preston singing about us aswell now, but the average Leeds fan couldn't give a flying pig about any of them unless they have their own rivalries.(I can't fu*cking stand Preston)

I hate the Premiership, I hate everything about it - but I'd still love to see my club back there.

I hate the Premiership, I hate everything about it - but I'd still love to see my club back there.

I so know what you mean, for years we were struggling in the lower leagues and I had my doubts if we would ever play in the top flight again, yet at the same time I despised the horrible attitude of premiership players with a passion.

Of course, these days I'm perfectly happy having those primadonnas in my team if they're good enough and produce results. :)

• Advertisement

Just finished the fourth course and I think there is another three yet to come, but not sure as the set menu is all in foreign. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

I so know what you mean, for years we were struggling in the lower leagues and I had my doubts if we would ever play in the top flight again, yet at the same time I despised the horrible attitude of premiership players with a passion.

Of course, these days I'm perfectly happy having those primadonnas in my team if they're good enough and produce results. :)

I've been a rabid Gooner <I'll get my coat...> for years, but haven't gone to a Prem game for a couple of seasons, and never watch footie live any more.
    The Premership is a collapse waiting to happen...paying Wayne Rooney £300K per week or whatever, is totally unsustainable.

When the sugar daddies get jailed or go bankrupt, the Sky-fuelled engine dies.

My youngest is of the male variety, so no doubt he'll be sucked into the vortex, but I'm not looking forward to buying into the whole scene again.

Obviously, to pi$$ off his old man, he'll end up supporting Man U or Chelski:)

Izoard wrote: »
    Obviously, to pi$$ off his old man, he'll end up supporting Man U or Chelski:)

My boys know they are perfectly free to pick their own team but picking ManU means sleeping outside for the rest of their lives. ;)

I should have included Chelski in that deal, my younger one keeps going on how he supports them, not that he actually has ever seen them play. Some school mate told him about them and that's it).

I've been waiting for the Premier League madness to collapse for the last 15 years, now I'm not so sure any more. The TV deal has gone up every time, no matter the circumstances. It looks like there is always an even greater fool prepared to pick up the pieces and pour even more money into it.

Goodbye sky sports :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Goodbye sky sports :(

Don't worry you can get it all online for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Did I just see donothoponpop on "The FrontLine" in the audience or am I going crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Yeah some fancy words also:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

He should have been wearing his Boards singlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Which one is he?

• Advertisement

Have to catch it on RTE player just to laugh at the boss!

Edit: One of us should ring him next time he's on screen, see if he's left his phone on!

Advertisement