Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Can't go back, you must keep moving forward - bug or butterfly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Ryanair - ****heads.

I had booked from Thu - Mon for Barca Marathon, but looking over my stuff tonight i saw that i actually booked to leave Thu and come back Sun - what an idiot I was!! Had a freak attack so went online to manage my booking and change my return to Monday - cost me an extra 48e. I mean like, C'mon, I know it was my own fault for been stupid enough to book the flight back Sunday, but do they really need 25e for 'flight change fee'. **** off.

Anyway, lesson learned, flight changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Anyone know how to add a homepage to your username? i.e when you click on someones name it says visit homepage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Have just booked Australian Open tickets for some Fourth Round Singles action on Sunday at the Hisense Arena (The Aussie Open equivalent of Court Number 1 at Wimbledon). 55 dollars. To go to Rod Laver to see The Fed would have cost a good 125! Will hit the outside courts on Saturday aswell! Melbourne = Sporting Heaven!
    :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to add a homepage to your username? i.e when you click on someones name it says visit homepage

Can't say that I'd ever noticed that before...but there is an option to enter your homepage if you go:

UserCP->Your Profile->Edit Your Details->Optional Information->Homepage URL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Ryanair - ****heads.

I had booked from Thu - Mon for Barca Marathon, but looking over my stuff tonight i saw that i actually booked to leave Thu and come back Sun - what an idiot I was!! Had a freak attack so went online to manage my booking and change my return to Monday - cost me an extra 48e. I mean like, C'mon, I know it was my own fault for been stupid enough to book the flight back Sunday, but do they really need 25e for 'flight change fee'. **** off.

Anyway, lesson learned, flight changed.

Don't mean to burst your bubble mate and I know cash isn't easy to come by, but €25 is pretty reasonable for a flight change fee. My experience is typically €50 and because I'm usually changing at the last minute means a total cost of well over €100 despite paying €300 for the original flights...

Took me a while to figure out who you were btw, new name is gonna take a bit of getting used to!

xebec wrote: »
    Don't mean to burst your bubble mate and I know cash isn't easy to come by, but €25 is pretty reasonable for a flight change fee. My experience is typically €50 and because I'm usually changing at the last minute means a total cost of well over €100 despite paying €300 for the original flights...

Took me a while to figure out who you were btw, new name is gonna take a bit of getting used to!

Yeah, you're dead right. I was more angry at my own stupidity than anything else.

I hate the new username anyway! I'm not even used to it!

Yay - new shoes tomorrow (hopefully). ave been getting screwed over with pay the last few weeks as payroll don't know how to do their job but i'm assured i will have it tomorrow (i better). So gonna pop over and do the online fit, looking for something new. Been training in lunarglides for a bit now but want something moreish now

Also, hoping this infection will be gone asap, at home sick all day but my appetitie is through the roof regardless. Iv been eating enough to sustain a small nation. Put DOWN the food.

EDIT - Mizuno precision fit recommends either the

-wave creation 12 or
    -wave rider 14

Anyone have any experience with any of these shoes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Also, hoping this infection will be gone asap, at home sick all day but my appetitie is through the roof regardless. Iv been eating enough to sustain a small nation. Put DOWN the food.

I spent the entire match eating a bag of M&S carrot sticks and dipping em into red pepper houmous. I know how to live! :cool:

I spent the entire match eating a bag of M&S carrot sticks and dipping em into red pepper houmous. I know how to live! :cool:

Now ya see that's sensible snacking.

In 3 days iv gotten through Flahavans 1kg bag of muesli, although, in my defense it was pretty all i ate yday in my zonked state. Woke at 3 in the afternoon and just had muesli, didnt even have any milk in the house, so boiled water and let honey melt in with the muesli and the hot water. Then last night i got hungry but couldnt stomach any more muesli so had spinach and eggs.

Today, i actually had to work for a while as i couldnt get cover, with kids, who were also sick, which prob doesnt help me. Couldnt face food all day which is why iv prob been hungry all evening.

Please go away infection, just go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

EDIT - Mizuno precision fit recommends either the
    -wave creation 12 or
    -wave rider 14
    Anyone have any experience with any of these shoes?
    I've been doing some runs with Waverider 14s. They're a lot stiffer than previous versions (if you know them) and the sizing is slightly different (I find them smaller). They're very light (but slightly heavier than the 13s). Also, they're best suited to a neutral runner. No experience with the creation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bit late for resolution really, but so what... I just found a page on Garmin Connect that shows you the rolling total of miles run over the last 365 days, that is obviously not much different from my number for the whole of last year already posted in t'other thread. What is also shows though is that I only went for a run on 170 days within the last 365.

My new aim is to try to get that ratio of "running days v sat in front of the telly days" to a more respectable number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Does anybody have any contacts for getting tickets to the Wimbledon or the French Open?

Nope. Just got my tickets sorted on the cheap for Calcutta Cup match at Twickenham though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Does anybody have any contacts for getting tickets to the Wimbledon or the French Open?

Been to Wimbledon twice, got on court No. 1 on mens semi final day and centre court late in first week. Both times we just joined the queue at around 7:30-8am the morning of play.

If you are going in the first week just by a general ground pass as you'll see a lot more tennis just by moving from court to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Not for me unfortunately so it would have to be something around the quarter final mark and ideally the most sought after Federer type matches.

Saw some of the Aussie tennis a couple of years ago. Hilarious. Everybody chatting on phones, bare chested lads drinking beer. Everybody coming and going *during* rallies. (rallys? sp?)

Thanks Robin! We'll call that Plan B!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Cant believe Christopher Nolan didnt recieve an oscar nomination for directing Inception. Thats insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Is this the most ludicrous car ever? The smallest Toyota with an Aston Martin badge being flogged for £40k in the UK :confused:

car_photo_418783_7.jpg

Aston Martin Cygnet launch editions

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Hope it's not just me, but has anyone else accidently clicked on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1393 by accident instead of A/R/T ?

• Advertisement

Yep. Just you.

I know the first word, can guess the second one, but what beasts do you store in the last one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

robinph wrote: »
    Yep. Just you.

I know the first word, can guess the second one, but what beasts do you store in the last one?

Usually used for plants, I think.

So it's a collection of things with "ium " names rather than any other relationship between the topics of the forum then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Usually used for plants, I think.
    Reptiles. Don't think, just google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

This is what I was doing today:

I go through the picture about 2:50 in, far side, white vest with blue horizontal stripe.

There was a lot more runners going flat on thier faces in the earlier races during the day, but I think all the people in the senior mes race must have been and watched that earlier in the day and decided they really didn't want to eat dirt.

They have now put together a highlights reel of the best faceplants from the various races:

So, what's not to like about cross country then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

One from the Michael Jackson school of parenting:

tumblr_lfiiiuxfIm1qz7v0zo1_500.jpg

Is that a publicity shot for the prequel to that 127hours film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

One from the Michael Jackson school of parenting:

tumblr_lfiiiuxfIm1qz7v0zo1_500.jpg
    that cant be for real ?! totally disgusting !

Advertisement