Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The kid needs to learn to put it's arms out Superman style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

robinph wrote: »
    The kid needs to learn to put it's arms out Superman style.
    they have him swaddled so he couldnt even break the fall with his hands if he fell !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The woman looks more likely to fall than SuperBaby does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

it must be these new baby shaped camelback hydration systems that are all the rage in the states.

completely OT even for this thread but if anyone likes a good oldfashioned and FREE radio drama podcast check out

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/DirectDownloads.html

its also on itunes but be warned its so good its addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

£35 Million quid for Andy Carroll??? You're having a giraffe. He scores the odd header but thats about it. £10 million wouldve flattered him, never mind bleedin' 35.
    Oh Liverpool what are you trying to do to me? I follow you loyaly since 1984 and this is how you repay me........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tunguska wrote: »
    £35 Million quid for Andy Carroll??? You're having a giraffe. He scores the odd header but thats about it. £10 million wouldve flattered him, never mind bleedin' 35.
    Oh Liverpool what are you trying to do to me? I follow you loyaly since 1984 and this is how you repay me........

I'd question whether he's worth 5 million. He's unproven really. Seems like a panic buy...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

I heard the American owners called up Dalglish to ask how much he thinks carrol is worth and he replied "3 to 5 million" .. Think they misheard him over the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Foxx92 wrote: »
    I heard the American owners called up Dalglish to ask how much he thinks carrol is worth and he replied "3 to 5 million" .. Think they misheard him over the phone!

In fairness it'd be very easy to misunderstand Kenny Dalglish. I heard he speaks to the players through an interpreter.

Was told there was a bit of a drinking session on after a club run today. I think I must have only been half paying attention though when they mentioned where the pub was and how far we had to run to get there.

Oh well, it's doubled my mileage for this week in one go. :D

There's a certain ex-professional sportsman(non-athletics) I know who keeps informing me of his running 'exploits'. About once or twice a week he heads to the gym, hops on the treadmill and runs 15 'miles' in around 85 minutes. This gives him a 2:35 marathon, assuming he's running miles, which I highly doubt given the pace he had when he as playing his sport and the injuries he sustained before going into early retirement, also, there are very few treadmills in this part of the world that measure your distance in miles...

Anyway, how do I break it to him that he's really only running a little over 9 miles? :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Anyway, how do I break it to him that he's really only running a little over 9 miles? :pac:

Gently and at a distance!:D

geld wrote: »
    Gently and at a distance!:D

Make sure you are already mileometers away when he hears the news.

Make sure you are already mileometers away when he hears the news.

Run at 2:35 marathon pace for a while and lose him after about a quarter of a mile! :pac:

Run at 2:35 marathon pace for a while and lose him after about a quarter of a mile! :pac:

Nah, you'd probably loose him quicker than that. About 400meters at a guess. Not a chance he'd last 440yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

So I had a great time in Dungarvan, so something had to come along to spoil it........received a speeding ticket in the post today, I know I had a PB, but I wasn't going that fast!!!
    Ah well I suppose the day just costs the same as a commercial race now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    So I had a great time in Dungarvan, so something had to come along to spoil it........received a speeding ticket in the post today, I know I had a PB, but I wasn't going that fast!!!
    Ah well I suppose the day just costs the same as a commercial race now!
    Ah sh1te, was it from the van at the top of the climbing lane leaving Dungarvan. Was half expecting one myself but thought I had got away with it because I hadn't got it by now. Fingers crossed here still !!
    Neil

neilc wrote: »
    Ah sh1te, was it from the van at the top of the climbing lane leaving Dungarvan. Was half expecting one myself but thought I had got away with it because I hadn't got it by now. Fingers crossed here still !!
    Neil

Was in the town alright going by the time - Garrabane I think it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah that turn off at Garrabane has always been a place where the gardai and now the white van nestle themselves to catch you going up or down the hill.

Heading home tomorrow so i'll have to watch that spot myself.

The love list for 2011. I love you guys.

Screenshot2011-02-14at180629.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

This is what I was doing today:

I go through the picture about 2:50 in, far side, white vest with blue horizontal stripe.

There was a lot more runners going flat on thier faces in the earlier races during the day, but I think all the people in the senior mes race must have been and watched that earlier in the day and decided they really didn't want to eat dirt.

Wow, this is crazy and cool at the same time! Love it

Happy VD to ya'll too!

5445435729_4eb0e3be77_o.jpg

Look's like Krusty a bit of Boards Slapper.
    RQ I'll figure out how to reciprocate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

I don't know who the computer tells me I love, but I hope you're top RQ.

xxx

-a secret admirer

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/flirt :pac:

My list:
    CathyMoran
    Wibbs
    Thaedydal
    brainyneuron
    Pembily
    bluewolf
    RacoonQueen
    littlebug
    Galvasean
    dolliemix
    Silverfish

Mostly a mix of tLL and A/R/T posters.

I don't know who the computer tells me I love, but I hope you're top RQ.

xxx

-a secret admirer

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_oEcvTzEYVmA/TVmjacg8xTI/AAAAAAAAAVw/sHi_NqJWfG8/s800/Picture 5.png" height="363" width="336"[/IMG]

Damn. Sorry hun, you'll have to get in line. See, I still love ya amydammy:D

Some interesting love sandwiches in there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Not much love for you there DP:pac:

boardslove.jpg

menoscemo wrote: »
    Not much love for you there DP:pac:

Thought it was a list of who you love, rather than who loves ya? If the first, you need to get out more, if its the second, ya tramp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thought it was a list of who you love, rather than who loves ya? If the first, you need to get out more, if its the second, ya tramp :D

Well either way, you've got to give the love to get the love :D

Despite Woddle being relatively absent recently and not coming up with as many crazy new ideas he still tops my lovin' list for 2011:
    picture.php?albumid=299&pictureid=8805

...and for reference here is last years list:
    picture.php?albumid=299&pictureid=5671

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Too good not to share. Originally sourced by RK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMN6umXom0s&feature=player_embedded

Advertisement