Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

tunguska wrote: »
    Goddamitt tv3 is being difficult with me, not loading up at all.

Don't worry about it - Spurs have a long trip home

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The other tie sounds much better anyway - including this goal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I'm an apple fan but my Jesus the iPad is a piece of crap!

Funny, was just thinking how lucky I was to have mine today, loaded it up with videos and tv shows at the weekend and it's been a godsend while I've been stuck in my sick bed!

Not an apple fanboi, but the iPad does suit me cos I'm travelling at least two days a week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

xebec wrote: »
    Funny, was just thinking how lucky I was to have mine today, loaded it up with videos and tv shows at the weekend and it's been a godsend while I've been stuck in my sick bed!

Not an apple fanboi, but the iPad does suit me cos I'm travelling at least two days a week...

No adobe flash makes TRR mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Be interesting to see how the new android tablets compare. Certainly the phones are far more functional if maybe not as fluid, intuitive. Apple iTunes was always the Achilles heel for me. Just mount your android as an external hard drive and drag and drop. Apple never had a Bluetooth file share protocol when I used it but that may have changed, you can't update firmware over the air afaik and can't download file of any type from any old website. Major drawbacks for me.

• Advertisement

Gomez -> Dodgy Keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

No adobe flash makes TRR mad :mad:

Download iSwifter, it'll take the edge off that rage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Gomez -> Dodgy Keeper

Yup, normally he's a good stopper but he looked like a rabbit in the headlights last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wish the Man U and Barcelona matches weren't on at the same time tonight... going to have to watch one on TV and one on my laptop. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Finally got my latest assessment completed. "Simple" Harmonic Motion, my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

So Portugal need a bailout now. It'll be interesting to see what interest rates they'll pay.

gerard65 wrote: »
    So Portugal need a bailout now. It'll be interesting to see what interest rates they'll pay.

Say they pay 4%, and we're paying 5% currently. If we borrow €80B from them at 4.5%, pay back the IMF early, we save money. We use the money we've borrowed from the IMF to pay back Portugal. Portugal gets a 0.5% bonus, they're happy. The IMF have just lent at 4%, and got back at 4.5%, all in the space of a week or so, they're happy. Crisis over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Chelsea keep getting shafted in the CL, the one English team that have a chance of beating the spanish giants in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Say they pay 4%, and we're paying 5% currently. If we borrow €80B from them at 4.5%, pay back the IMF early, we save money. We use the money we've borrowed from the IMF to pay back Portugal. Portugal gets a 0.5% bonus, they're happy. The IMF have just lent at 4%, and got back at 4.5%, all in the space of a week or so, they're happy. Crisis over.

Except we'd still have to pay back €80B at 4.5%. All this fecking around with asking for a lower interest rate is like sweeping up the peanut shells the elephant dropped on your floor.

RayCun wrote: »
    Except we'd still have to pay back €80B at 4.5%. All this fecking around with asking for a lower interest rate is like sweeping up the peanut shells the elephant dropped on your floor.

We apply to the IMF for a loan of €80B at the same 4% rate Portugal got (that's only fair, having proved ourselves good payer-backers). Pay back the €80B we've borrowed at 4.5% with that, we now have 0.5% of €80B (€400 Million) profit, sure we could buy the sites of several more prisons for that. And throw Bertie a few bob for his Presidential Campaign.
    If its all done quick enough no-one will spot any flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Chelsea keep getting shafted in the CL, the one English team that have a chance of beating the spanish giants in the final.

I'm a Utd fan so take this as you will but Chelsea were muck tonight. No failure in refereeing can hide that. To steal a draw with a late penalty would not have been a reflection on their performance as individuals and a team. Utd were only marginally better.

Chelsea defo win in the sulk match though. For a big lad Drogba is a complete pansy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

It was on in the background and I was half watching it but it seemed like although neither team played particularly well Chelsea were dire. How Torres wasn't substituted only Abramovitch & Ancolotti know, he wouldn't score against our local U12's at the minute. Luiz looked like a big loss for them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tbh, I'll be delighted if Torres keeps playing like that for the return leg at Old Trafford :D

He can't seem to hit a barn door since he signed for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

JKF wrote: »
    I had an ultrasound today. TWINS :eek:

*We're not telling family just yet but I'm dying to let it all out and hubby is still too shocked to speak so here will have to do

Congrats. I have twins, I still remember the day we found out, the shock and slow realisation that things will never be the same again :D. It's hard work, but it gets easier after about 4 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

robinph, rainbow Kirby, Gerard65, RayCun, RacoonQueen and TheRoadRunner,

as I've recently been informed by a particularly charming member on this board, everyone who says that a marathon is 26.2 miles is insecure and elitist.

You're all insecure and elitist!

Grist to the mill, I know, but I heard a woman on Ray D'Arcy this morning being interviewed after doing the 5k in Galway yesterday...

"this was my first one, but I'll definitely be doing more marathons in the future". I smiled...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

We apply to the IMF for a loan of €80B at the same 4% rate Portugal got (that's only fair, having proved ourselves good payer-backers). Pay back the €80B we've borrowed at 4.5% with that, we now have 0.5% of €80B (€400 Million) profit, sure we could buy the sites of several more prisons for that. And throw Bertie a few bob for his Presidential Campaign.
    If its all done quick enough no-one will spot any flaws.

Eh .... didn't Bernie Madoff just try this ?:)

pgmcpq wrote: »
    Eh .... didn't Bernie Madoff just try this ?:)

He was small potatoes in comparison to what I'm suggesting... although I take your point. Hmmm. Maybe we should look to borrow €80 Trillion, now that's a scale thats bound to impress. Either way it'll have to be done quick, and we'll need a smokey room and some mirrors...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Have cut down majorily on sweet stuff since lent started , so why the hell am i gettin a feckin toothache !:mad:

1st and 3rd in the National, small bets, but a nice €115 back off a €20 stake. :D
    Might treat myself to a Boards Tech T ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Nice one beepbeep, I had state of play at 42s and don't push it at 12s but sadly both were win only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Woddle wrote: »
    but sadly both were win only.

Win only :eek:!!! In The 'National.
    The man has balls. But ultimately comes up short......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

eliwallach wrote: »
    Win only :eek:!!! In The 'National.
    The man has balls. But ultimately comes up short......

I had 2 other selections aswell, so my dilemma was pick 2 each way or 4 win only but I didn't want to leave the other 2 out. The other 2 didn't do so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I know I'm the worst in the world when it comes to computers but the feckin run ireland website is a pile of poo.
    Fair enough it simply refuses to let me log in but it could at least tell me it didn't log me in instead of letting fill out race entry forms repeatedly and then telling me I've nothing in my cart.
    Piece of crap!

I feel better now now though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

robinph wrote: »
    Had a bath in a cattle trough today. :eek:

Finally got emailed the pictures of this today:

5614648028_b829e769fa.jpg

Nice reminder of what it's like to run in mud now that we are into the nice dry road running season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

As of 5 minutes ago I'm finnally down to just the 9 toe nails. It kind of just fell off
    , although it had been threatening to for a while. :eek:

Advertisement