Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

:D:D:D:D
    MARATHON DU MEDOC (Medoc wine region, France)

This marathon passes 50 chateaux, features Bordeaux wine at the water stations along the route, and provides foie gras to runners in need of refueling.

Maybe Dublin could have pints of Guinness at water stations in future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just ran my first parkrun today, and it also happened to be the first running of this particular race as well. They look to be great events and the being free helps as well as today being sunny. Shame that the course they picked for Bristol has so much of a hill in it with the first mile being mostly uphill.

I got beaten into 2nd place by some young whippersnapper who was wearing a "50 parkruns" top, but he's allegedly usually running in London so I could be in with a better chance another week. I was gaining on him over the last mile but think he would have easily pulled away if I'd got anywhere near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055603562

I've fixed both the Dungarvan 10 miler and raheny 2 miler but I've noticed we're missing London and Madrid marathons and we only have a link to map my run for Raheny 5.
    So if anyone has these on their garmins could they update the list.
    Also if you have any other races that are not on the list, please update.
    I've checked the links up to and including April and I'll check the rest later.
    Thanks

Everybody looking forward to the wedding tomorrow. Very exciting isn't it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Certainly is, extra day off work. :D

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Certainly is, extra day off work. :D
    I was just about to PM you. Are you going to a street party?

Don't think there are any street parties on around here. I might go for a run though...nah, course I won't go for a run, that would be too much like training.

I'll probably be doing some work as this week has been great for being able to catch up with stuff so I'll just make use of an extra couple of days of nobody bothering me.

No street partys in Bristol?:eek: Bunch of republicans, your too near Wales:p

Woddle wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055603562

I've fixed both the Dungarvan 10 miler and raheny 2 miler but I've noticed we're missing London and Madrid marathons and we only have a link to map my run for Raheny 5.
    So if anyone has these on their garmins could they update the list.
    Also if you have any other races that are not on the list, please update.
    I've checked the links up to and including April and I'll check the rest later.
    Thanks

So all the rest look good apart from the Lucan 5km in June, so if anyone has it.
    Also would be nice to get all the legs of the Wicklow way relay and there seems to be alot of imra and bhaa races but would be nice to have the whole collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

So all the rest look good apart from the Lucan 5km in June, so if anyone has it.
    Also would be nice to get all the legs of the Wicklow way relay and there seems to be alot of imra and bhaa races but would be nice to have the whole collection.

All the WWR legs are linked in the private forum, if you want to cut-and-paste.

• Advertisement

All the WWR legs are linked in the private forum, if you want to cut-and-paste.

I saw that alright. I would prefer the garmin links but if I can't get them I'll stick those links in.

Just picked up a pair of NB XC spikes for €6 in JJB. Originally €62, then reduced to €19, finally €6. Even had a full set of nibs in the box. And I only went shopping to get away from the wedding. RESULT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Races that start and finish at a pub are good. :D

Not to keen on the hills make us run in between, but winning prizes of beer makes up for that hardship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just posting this here because no-one would see it on thread....but does anyone know how to order the 1000 mile table by completion date, rather thhan total miles?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just posting this here because no-one would see it on thread....but does anyone know how to order the 1000 mile table by completion date, rather thhan total miles?

Sounds like it'll get messy. I'm guessing what your problem is, so what if everyone who has completed the challenge leaves there total miles at a 1000 and then cut and paste them into their correct position.

Sounds like it'll get messy. I'm guessing what your problem is, so what if everyone who has completed the challenge leaves there total miles at a 1000 and then cut and paste them into their correct position.

scrap that as I saw there is also a 2000 mile challenge within the 1000, to be honest I don't think anything needs to change other than the colour of the font for those who have completed.

Just that anyone who completes with 1002 miles total, automatically goes ahead of someone who completes a month earlier with 1001 miles total. I understand that if you sort by completion date, then the people who have not completed will have their position messed up?

You'd need to make it two separate tables to be sorting it on different criteria.

robinph wrote: »
    You'd need to make it two separate tables to be sorting it on different criteria.

Maybe best to back to maunal positioning at this stage so?

• Advertisement

5713045788_f0e815ec8a.jpg

Was just out to get some lunch, and Woddle parked next to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

My potato plants (from the €2 shop seed potatoes) are thriving nicely. I'm going to enjoy looking at the lovely greenery on show now before either the blight or the pesky bugs eat them. If I even get the spuds for one dinner I'll be pleased with my "gardening" efforts.
    I put down 4 lovely sunflower plants last week and 3 of them were slugged to death on day one.

Peterx wrote: »
    My potato plants (from the €2 shop seed potatoes) are thriving nicely. I'm going to enjoy looking at the lovely greenery on show now before either the blight or the pesky bugs eat them. If I even get the spuds for one dinner I'll be pleased with my "gardening" efforts.
    I put down 4 lovely sunflower plants last week and 3 of them were slugged to death on day one.

Blight- it's more of a late summer problem.

Slugs- a few yoghurt cartons sunk into the ground beside your spuds. An inch of beer by night in each carton. In the morning, you'll have virgin green leaves, and pickled slugs, who can't resist the scent of beer, the little scamps.
    Slug pellets if you under-value the environment, or over-value beer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Blight- it's more of a late summer problem.

Slugs- a few yoghurt cartons sunk into the ground beside your spuds. An inch of beer by night in each carton. In the morning, you'll have virgin green leaves, and pickled slugs, who can't resist the scent of beer, the little scamps.
    Slug pellets if you under-value the environment, or over-value beer.

I was going to say thats a terrible waste of beer.

I was going to say thats a terrible waste of beer.

I daresay end-of-session urine would suffice if you wanted to filter the beer first through your liver. Thus, by a commodious vicus of recirculation, the sunflowers could be grown and brewed into sunflower beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

the sunflowers could be grown and brewed into sunflower beer.

Does that give you less of a hangover? I've just sworn off that stuff as of this morning, my head can't take it any more.

(still, I've been waiting 35 years for the occasion, one year for each hour of hangover by the looks of it)

So I was doin nothin today, put the celtic shirt on and headed into town. Met me mate who had a english flag and we burned it, it was mad, he nearly set his bran new man utd shirt on fire. So then we tru a few bottles at the gards, set a few bins on fire. We're now drinking a few tinnies of strongbow and eating walkers crisps. We're goin out again later to wreck the gaff, cause we love our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Interesting day in London... What looked like a bomb scare in the next street to the office and now a Chinook doing circles around the City with people parachuting out of it - who needs to be in Ireland?!

gerard65 wrote: »
    So I was doin nothin today, put the celtic shirt on and headed into town. Met me mate who had a english flag and we burned it, it was mad, he nearly set his bran new man utd shirt on fire. So then we tru a few bottles at the gards, set a few bins on fire. We're now drinking a few tinnies of strongbow and eating walkers crisps. We're goin out again later to wreck the gaff, cause we love our country.

Was that you waving the pack of Dennys in a threatening manner at the Gardai?

• Advertisement

Advertisement