Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I was at Slane.

It was a bit of a nightmare-queuing for the bar for an age (missed more or less the whole Prodigy set waiting for weak Heineken), the walk to and from the buses seemed to take all night, and the bus journey back to Dublin...got on the bus at midnight, back at Parnell Square at 3.30. :eek:

I was at the Stones two years ago, I don't remember it being as bad as it was on Saturday. That said, it surely wasn't a complete shock that there were such delays, it's always liable to happen out there, so I'm not sure why so many people are complaining so much. Don't go back there again, simple.

For the record, Oasis were great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Last time I was there was for the U2 / Chillies gig, we stuck a tent in a field - had a great day - came back to the tent and crashed for a few hours and I think at 5am or something headed home with no traffic on the road - easy peasy!
    My best experience was heading to Donnington in something like '83/'84 on my own for AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, etc, missing the last train from Derby and sleeping in the Photo Booth until the next morning - deciding to spend my train fare on food, spent the next morning playing dodge the conductor on the train back to Manchester and then running 12 miles to Irlam to my Aunt's house - happy days (I was a sub 60 10 miler back then, even in denim) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

dam was hoping for pb in 10k at weekend. had trained hard now inside side of knee in a little pain when i run............. if i rest might be ok by weekend but afraid i'll lose alot of my fitness.:mad: fekit anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

dam was hoping for pb in 10k at weekend. had trained hard now inside side of knee in a little pain when i run............. if i rest might be ok by weekend but afraid i'll lose alot of my fitness.:mad: fekit anyways.

you won't lose that much if any between now and the weekend, but if the knee is sore i'd prob not race myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

you sound like my kind of (munster) gal, I hate Mondays and Tuesdays aswell, in fact I'm only happy when it gets to about thursday afternoon, shouldn't be wishing my life away like that, I will need all those mons and Tues for training :)

Lol :pac:
    To top it off I get paid the last Friday of every month so I totally wish my weeks away! It's terrible really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Date for the Shelbourne -v- Leeds pre-season game finally confirmed. I hope to see my fellow ART Leeds fans in Fagans for pre-match beers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I hope to see my fellow ART Leeds fan in Fagans for pre-match beers. :D

FYP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Must be more than two of us. Will all Super whites fans please stand up.

I'm pretty sure misty floyd is a Leeds fan. That makes 3 of us and loads of closet Leeds fans, amadeus obviously being one of them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

just looking at a few clips of slane there on youtube, pure nostalgia, i remember going to pairc ui caoimh in 1996 when the prodigy supported oasis then aswell.

Plenty of good reviews from people but Liam Gallaghers voice just doesn't sound anything like what I remember, out of tune, cutting words short at the end of lines, it definitely wasn't always like that, it really sounds like hes going through the motions.

Noel sounded pretty good though. Also saw a song called Fire which I never heard before by Kasabian, that looked awesome.

Has to be said also, the prodge looked amazing, ah jaysus takes me back..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Have a dental appointment tomorrow, really not looking forward to it. I'm being forced into it. A bit of cosmetic dentistry. Could be avoided but the OH has been harping on at me. I hate the dentist would rather have a prostate exam !

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Ah you'll be grand, must go myself but have been putting it off :(

Had a root canal done a couple of years ago and was so nervous beforehand but it was fine and not painful at all....best of luck with it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Noel sounded pretty good though. Also saw a song called Fire which I never heard before by Kasabian, that looked awesome.
    Have been listening to their West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum album for a couple of weeks now. It's brilliant. If you liked Fire, you'll love the rest of the album.
    I hate the dentist would rather have a prostate exam !
    Maybe you could ask the dentist for a two-for-one deal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Have been listening to their West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum album for a couple of weeks now. It's brilliant. If you liked Fire, you'll love the rest of the album.

Thanks for the recommendation, i'll defo check that one out. Been listening to the eponymously titled debut again recently, some real stompers on that. I also saw someone, jokingly or otherwise, state that they had shoot the runner in their running playlist, what a banging tune.

I actually saw Kasabian live in Dublin Castle a couple of years back, I was surprised by how good they were live.

Mid Week whoop whoop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

2 days till I move from Clare to Tipperary- Eek and Yippie at the same time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

:) That really would be root canal treatment !

Bally8 wrote: »
    2 days till I move from Clare to Tipperary- Eek and Yippie at the same time:D

Oh moving house is ick! and way to stressful as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

We moved from Dublin to Wexford for the better life, moved all our stuff down, many mornings spent assembling stuff. We lasted a few months before my wife decided she hated it and missed Dublin too much. So had to move everything back and re-assemble everything again. A very stressful time. And that was all with a 2 year old and a 5 month old.

Jasus.... stressful wouldn't be the word for it!!!
    They say moving hours knocks 10 years off your life.... with all the moving i've done I should be dead already!

• Advertisement

My head is wrecked from it all, trying to remember if I have cancelled everything and told all the relevant people I'm moving. It will mean a commute of over 2 hours per day working but Im so excited to be moving in with my fiance and my daughter is thrilled too. BUT eek I have to live with a boy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Bally8 wrote: »
    BUT eek I have to live with a boy!!

Don't worry, It's only taken me 2 years to get mine "almost" house trained.;)

2 years!!! I'll have him killed by then! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

You broke him fairly quickly then, i'm still not house trained after 4 + years ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

:eek::eek: I start a job in Galway... in 6 days. :eek::eek:

I have less than a week to move across the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

RK mind yourself crossing the Shannon..
    It`s 23 Degrees here today ... lovely ...
    Leave the rain behind you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

But it's not raining in Dublin either, so I've no dodgy weather to bring with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

magnet, whenever I click on a thread to see what you're saying, all the ad's at the bottom of the screen start mentioning chocolate cake...... bizzarre but in a funny way.

Congrats on the job RK.

I believe taper madness has started with me. Even lunchtime retail therapy (debenhams sale) hasn't calmed me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Does anyone else find those volvic challenge adds on tv so annoying, especially the guy one, you just want to smack him

• Advertisement

Well done on the job RK

Advertisement