Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I'd be pretty annoyed too if I didn't break 28 minutes.

For 4 miles :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

gerard65 wrote: »
    So I was doin nothin today, put the celtic shirt on and headed into town. Met me mate who had a english flag and we burned it, it was mad, he nearly set his bran new man utd shirt on fire. So then we tru a few bottles at the gards, set a few bins on fire. We're now drinking a few tinnies of strongbow and eating walkers crisps. We're goin out again later to wreck the gaff, cause we love our country.

Funny you should post this, if you saw the front of this afternoons herald you would have seen one of these very clever boys on the front of it in his Liverpool shirt and cap. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

McAleese sure is hogging all the queen action isnt she. Her majesty must be sick of the sight of her at this stage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I was really looking forward to Queen Live in Croke Park today:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just gonna leave this here.

ORCx2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Just stay away from London for a while RK or you'll end up in the Tower :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

He was the best statesman Ireland is ever likely to see. Here he is robbing my daughters ice cream.

http://twitpic.com/51hwj4
    Dole Q's continue to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Someone told them there was free Dutch Gold in front of Trinity :pac:

Jedward can certainly draw a big crowd:eek:
    LOL, someone just fainted after shaking POTUS hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Was he giving away green cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace (2011) - Ep. 1 (BBC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2j3BhL47c

Well worth a watch for anyone scratching their head as to how the Irish taxpayer is borrowing to bail out bank speculators.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

These are the people who have the power to remove Blatter as he won't be leaving otherwise:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/partners/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

robinph wrote: »
    These are the people who have the power to remove Blatter as he won't be leaving otherwise:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/partners/index.html

They may have the power but not the slightest inclination, by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Coke and Adidas have "expressed concerns" so far, and according to twitter Emirates may now have said the same. Cant find that yet elsewhere though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

and according to twitter Emirates may now have said the same. Cant find that yet elsewhere though.

Walked by a canteen which had Sky News on earlier and that was their breaking news.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Peterx wrote: »
    the blight or the pesky bugs eat them.

When I was a chiseler we used to grow loads of veg. A large part of that was spuds. Every year there would be the big effort over a few days to "dig the spuds" and pack them away for the winter. Every year I dreaded sticking my hand into the soil and finding a blighted spud, the smell lasted in your nostrils for days.

Jump forward to ten years ago as I was inspecting a 3rd party warehouse my then employer stored finished goods in. I got this smell and couldn't place what is was. Then I found a pallet of dithane 45, which we used to spray against the spuds against blight.

Two very different smells, but all about the spuds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Unreal weather out there. Serious tan lines from a 3 hour cycle this morning. Hayfever gone nuts though

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Unreal weather out there. Serious tan lines from a 3 hour cycle this morning. Hayfever gone nuts though

Yeah, was out by the sea today and really wished I had my bike with me. Lovely day for a long spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

kennyb3 wrote: »

Did a 15k run there now and hay fever got really bad . .not helped by the fact that i did the last 2k in a silage field though . .:mad:

• Advertisement

The customer is not always right. :mad:

Customer: I'd like product A please?
    robinph: I think you mean product B that is cheaper and simpler and the one that we usually give you?
    Customer: I'd like product A please?
    robinph: Are you really sure?
    Customer: Yes, is product A done yet?
    robinph: Here's the bill for product A.
    Customer: Why did you give me product A, I wanted the cheaper product B.
    robinph: Your stupid.
    Customer: When I say product A I really mean product B, why did you give me product A?
    Customer: I will continue to use the term product A whenever I actually mean product B.
    robinph: Your stupid.

Today I learnt that you are supposed to give notice before you hand in your notice. Interesting. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Today I learnt that you are supposed to give notice before you hand in your notice. Interesting. :rolleyes:

That is so that your employer can decide what to do before he/she has to decide whether to accept it or not.

(The avoid having to make a real decision syndrome in action:D)

slowsteady wrote: »
    That is so that your employer can decide what to do before he/she has to decide whether to accept it or not.

(The avoid having to make a real decision syndrome in action:D)

That is what the notice period is for. Your not employed at the new place until you actually start there, if your old employer wants to make you an offer they can do that in the agreed notice period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Minimum notice periods are typically defined by the terms of your contract or the frequency of your pay - 1 wk, 1 mth for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

That is what the notice period is for. Your not employed at the new place until you actually start there, if your old employer wants to make you an offer they can do that in the agreed notice period.

Ah yes, but it is much easier to make the offer before a resignation is put in writing as once anything is on paper it requires a paper response and limits flexibility and negotiation.

This is still the nod-nod, wink-wink society and outside of major international companies much of the terms/conditions of employment are on an 'understanding' basis.

Yeah my contract says one month. That's what they got. They're actually getting an extra three days from me.

I did reply with ''I'm only required to give one months notice'' in a dry tone when I was told I should have given them notice that I was going to hand in my notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Was the look on her face worth it RQ?

Bally8 wrote: »
    Was the look on her face worth it RQ?

Totally. Complete shock and disbelief. Think it's the first time I've ever witnessed her stuck for words.

I know replacing people is tough but no matter how much 'notice' that I was handing in my notice I gave they still wouldn't have been allowed to replace me. She knew that this was always going to happen sometime and it was going to happen this summer one way or another. I would have given more notice out of the courtesy I don't think they actually deserve if everything hadn't come together so quickly for me.

Shame I forgot to stick the recorder on on the phone. I would like to listen back to the conversation. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

edit:moved question to where it should be, excuse tis post :)

Advertisement