Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Interesting article in the Irish Times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sciencetoday/2011/0616/1224298993519.html

Liked the quote “The thing to remember is that our bodies were designed for activity, they weren’t designed for sitting at a computer. When your body does start exercising, it starts to crave it because that’s the way we’re meant to be. We need to stop thinking of exercise as the abnormal state and start thinking of it as our natural state.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hunnymonster had a baby boy! Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Bally8 wrote: »

Wonderful! Congratulations all round!

Has he signed up for his first marathon yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Bally8 wrote: »
    Awesome news! A hardy buck, no doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Awesome news! A hardy buck, no doubt!

Already signed up for Marathon De Sables for his 5th birthday. Starting him off easy :D. Congrats to HM and ZL on the new baby

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I guess ZuppyMonster is a better name than HunnyLurk in the case of a boy then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I went to see Tommy Tiernan tonight and he was just pure class. He has finally mastered his trade. Willy White - the albino penis was fairly good as a warm up aswell, now to order a dominos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Just had a very funny conversation at the front door with two guys telling be about Jebus and the bible. I turned it on them telling them running is the one true religion. I started bullshipping about how they should start running and they would find true inner peace and be at one with the spirit. I started going on and on, they could'nt get away from the door quick enough:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

gerard65 wrote: »
    Just had a very funny conversation at the front door with two guys telling be about Jebus and the bible. I turned it on them telling them running is the one true religion. I started bullshipping about how they should start running and they would find true inner peace and be at one with the spirit. I started going on and on, they could'nt get away from the door quick enough:D

Brilliant - if they head down my way I'll give them the same :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

In fairness to Jesus he did win 5 golds in the middle east games of 26AD. He was subsequently done for abnormal levels of testerone but it was later shown a combination of his tooth Paste being spiked by judas and the fact he never got his hole accounted for these readings. He was the original god of track and field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

In fairness to Jesus he did win 5 golds in the middle east games of 26AD. He was subsequently done for abnormal levels of testerone but it was later shown a combination of his tooth Paste being spiked by judas and the fact he never got his hole accounted for these readings. He was the original god of track and field.

I thought he came forth.

A friend of mine gets rid of them by saying 'Sorry I'd love to chat but I've got to get back to my 'Gay Witches for Obortion' meeting'.
    I don't like to be rude, after all they're not looking for money, just trying to save my soul, and they are so polite, but I worship the real Son Of God - Bear Grylls.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A friend of mine gets rid of them by saying 'Sorry I'd love to chat but I've got to get back to my 'Gay Witches for Obortion' meeting'.
    I don't like to be rude, after all they're not looking for money, just trying to save my soul, and they are so polite, but I worship the real Son Of God - Bear Grylls.

After a Mormon missionary gave out to me on a bus before when he noticed that I was reading the LGBT forum on my phone, I have precisely zero time for missionaries of any kind. I'd probably just tell them to fcuk off, straight off the bat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

After a Mormon missionary gave out to me on a bus before when he noticed that I was reading the LGBT forum on my phone, I have precisely zero time for missionaries of any kind. I'd probably just tell them to fcuk off, straight off the bat.

you should have told him that they need to update the 10 commandments to include situations such as

"Thou shalt not be a nosy bastard and look over somebodies shoulder to read what is on their smartphone"

The Bible is like, OMG so not up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

A few years back some Mormons called to my door and did their speil about how great God is and all that. They then went on to say that they would come back and sort out my garden as it was a jungle. I thought sur why not. Then my daughter who was about 3 at the time came running out and they said 'is your husband here?' When I said no Im a single parent. They couldnt get away fast enough!

They must have had such a tough day- nearly every girl on that estate at the time was a lone parent. Never did come back to tidy my garden:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Summer two years ago, the ma had given **** to me about something or other. She was just in one of those moods where she was a contrary woman and everything i did pissed her off. Anyway, along comes 2 bible pushers. They are rarely seen in my area (because i live in the hood), 22 at the time, but i look much younger. Naturally these two asked if a parent was at home.

Now, the right thing to do would have been to close the door, or play along or whatever. But seeing as the mam was in such a contrary humor, i politely went in and told her someone important was at the door for her :)

She didn't appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

There were always a lot of Mormons around where I was in Central London, as there were great areas and bad areas, and handy tube access]. [Note for pub conversation: How can it be called a "mission" when your right in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the world! :rolleyes:]

I was staying for a few days at a mates gaff once, next door to Holloway tube
    . I had left one house, and the place I was moving into was not ready yet. So these two young Mormon lads called to the door once, and I chatted with them for 10 minutes, giving them lines like "I am Irish in London, searching for some meaning in my life" and stuff like that.

I leave that house the next day, and go about my life...

Every time I speak to folks who own that house since, I get told that they called back about 10 times, and Im told get more than a few visitors now - clearly having been marked on some database somewhere as polite and convertable :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Being a philosophy major in college have to say i love when they call around. Always nice to challenge their beliefs to the point where they are questioning it themselves. though mind you have not got a call in quite some time (must have not made the database:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

I worship the real Son Of God - Bear Grylls.
    Didn't the Bear look more than a bit uncomfortable on the Graham Norton show the other night? Was no match for Cameron Diaz and that female comedian. More wild life tahn he could deal with.

• Advertisement

dna_leri wrote: »
    Didn't the Bear look more than a bit uncomfortable on the Graham Norton show the other night? Was no match for Cameron Diaz and that female comedian. More wild life tahn he could deal with.
    LOL. I noticed that. Way too much oestrogen for Bear to handle, he's a pure, 100% grade A testosterone guy. More at home hunting in the wilderness than sitting between two giggling females:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No he's not, he's retires every evening to a plush hotel room after filming, wasn't it proven he can be bit of a fraud.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    No he's not, he's retires every evening to a plush hotel room after filming, wasn't it proven he can be bit of a fraud.
    NO NO NO, thats a lie, why are you lying?:( MODS - ban this blaggard for life.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ha ha, apologies, I feel like I've just ruined the equivalent of Christmas for a grown man.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ha ha, apologies, I feel like I've just ruined the equivalent of Christmas for a grown man.
    Is that you Ray Mears?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

We may be witnessing the finest performance in irish sporting history from mcilroy in the us open, and rte show the gaa first on the sports news :rolleyes:

We may be witnessing the finest performance in irish sporting history from mcilroy in the us open, and rte show the gaa first on the sports news :rolleyes:
    Looking very good atm. But if he wins will he not be British?

I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Wish RTE would spend some of the licence fee on the rights to the majors instead of on Ryan Tubridy's salary. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Looking very good atm. But if he wins will he not be British?

No, that's only if he loses (like last time). If he wins, he's an Irish hero.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wish RTE would spend some of the licence fee on the rights to the majors instead of on Ryan Tubridy's salary. :mad:

That would cost in the region of 100 times his salary. Prob not great value.

Advertisement