Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Basically just kept saying it was nothing to do with him, wouldn't say that it was wrong as it was nothing to do with him, basically wouldn't get involved in any form of constructive discussion about it, because as you guessed it, it's nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

He didn't do it, it was like that when he got there, and sure it's all for charidee anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

We just had a chat about this over breakfast. Nobody will ever admit voting for him or his dad, nobody knows anyone personally who supports him openly and yet they keep getting the votes time after time after time.

Shocking, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

"Vote early, vote often" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Could'nt give a flying f**k about these clowns or a mind numbing reality show, but, these calls were paid by the tax payer, made from Leinster House. Thats a complete misuse of public office, indeed I'd go as far to say its corruption. Liveline should be fun today:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Anyone tried Google+ yet? I +1 it, seems to bring an awful lot of useful apps together, and its not facebook. My brother described it to me as, " The Circles feature is great though, you can friend people but put them in a 'Ignore' circle and not have to interact or share with them." I love it, if only for the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

googleplus.png

On the one hand, you'll never be able to persuade your parents to switch. On the other hand, you'll never be able to persuade your parents to switch!

Anyone tried Google+ yet? I +1 it, seems to bring an awful lot of useful apps together, and its not facebook. My brother described it to me as, " The Circles feature is great though, you can friend people but put them in a 'Ignore' circle and not have to interact or share with them." I love it, if only for the irony.

I totally do not get facebook. I'm totally baffled how anyone could find it addictive. What's so great about Google+? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I totally do not get facebook. I'm totally baffled how anyone could find it addictive. What's so great about Google+? :confused:

Its so facebook without actually being facebook:cool:. To be honest i think the main driving force behind it was the rumour that facebook are looking to add a search engine aspect to their site which potentially could ruin google so they countered it by trying to delve into the social interaction aspect.

It is kind of ironic having a conversation about facebook addiction on an internet forum which many of us visit on daily basis:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I totally do not get facebook.

I only joined it back in January after resisting for so long, and I have exactly two friends. The reason I succumbed is that a lot of events these days post updates and news etc on their facebook page rather than their main website, and for some you can only view them if you're a facebook member. Plus if you follow an event you often find out about similar events via that event so it can be handy that way.

I've a pile of friend requests just sitting there, they must think I'm an awful ignorant git so I explain to them that I don't actually use it much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Anyone looking to run a full marathon on a bridge watch this space!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjO0KAnDQDw

Can't do the youtube link thing - just Google "26.4 mile bridge" (that's the length of the bridge, not a marathon!)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Macanri wrote: »

Can't do the youtube link thing - just Google "26.4 mile bridge" (that's the length of the bridge, not a marathon!)

Fixed for you. Just put the code at the end of the YouTube link in the tags.

Looks flat enough, but a little wind and it could be a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Random observation; lack of sleep is a great weight loss strategy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Random observation; lack of sleep is a great weight loss strategy!

Im the opposite to this because of an evil little three words: Late night snacking. Funny enough at 3-4am you always opt for the crisp sandwich over making a nice wrap of something:D

Rammstein playing at the O2 in February. There are no words for how awesome that gig will be. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

That bridge was built in just over 4 years. How long would you think it would take for a bridge like that to be built here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Rammstein playing at the O2 in February. There are no words for how awesome that gig will be. :D
    Is there any truth in the rumour that Jedward are the supporting act?:eek:

Macanri wrote: »

Well, I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only sad git to read about this and immediately think "they could run a marathon on this"! :D

gerard65 wrote: »
    Is there any truth in the rumour that Jedward are the supporting act?:eek:

If that happened, there might have to be a sacrifice to the fire god :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If that happened, there might have to be a sacrifice to the fire god :D
    I would actually pay for top priced tickets to see that happen to them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Anybody else surf boards on their phone? I do occasionally and this new touch.boards.ie layout is wrecking my head. It's really poor quality and very hard to read posts etc. Any way of getting around using this?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Anybody else surf boards on their phone? I do occasionally and this new touch.boards.ie layout is wrecking my head. It's really poor quality and very hard to read posts etc. Any way of getting around using this?

There is a link at the bottom to select normal view, once you click it once it'll always stay that way on that device unless you clear your cookies

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I prefer it. Although I'd moslty be using the touch.boards.ie on a tablet, not had any major issues on the phone. I would like a few other things tweaking yet such as adding forum links to the bottom of the page, and page links to the top. There is still m.boards.ie if you want really minimalist, but I was previously using the full version of boards.ie in Opera on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

copacetic wrote: »
    There is a link at the bottom to select normal view, once you click it once it'll always stay that way on that device unless you clear your cookies

Thank you. Much better I knew there had to be a simple solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Had a fat day today and my skin isn't big enough, sure what can ya do on the last day of your hols but have a few more beers - West Kerry highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Had a fat day today and my skin isn't big enough, sure what can ya do on the last day of your hols but have a few more beers - West Kerry highly recommended.

Fond memories, Kruger's Bar on the Dingle. Last bar before Americay if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Fond memories, Kruger's Bar on the Dingle. Last bar before Americay if I'm not mistaken.

Spent this afternoon just strolling around Dingle, nice way to kill some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Well, I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only sad git to read about this and immediately think "they could run a marathon on this"! :D

I saw it in the paper today, first thought that came into my head was that you could do a marathon on it, second was that i should post that up on boards . . .great minds think alike???

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just watched a very enjoyable movie City Island with Andy Garcia. Highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is there something "magic" in elastoplast that makes scabs dissapear? Got some big scabs on the arm and knee at the moment, but sat around yesterday watching tennis in shorts and I had to put something over them to stop me picking at them. Couple of hours later and the scab has turned to goo.

Advertisement