Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Another call from an international number telling me I had 'errors' on my computer and could I log in and run a program. He was very helpful and after only a few minutes he told me that they had fixed the problem. Its great to get such good customer service these days. I'll I had to do was give him my credit card details for verification.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

gerard65 wrote: »
    Another call from an international number telling me I had 'errors' on my computer and could I log in and run a program. He was very helpful and after only a few minutes he told me that they had fixed the problem. Its great to get such good customer service these days. I'll I had to do was give him my credit card details for verification.:D
    Had the same call last week on my unliseted number and they didnt take it well when I told them i had no computer and don't run windows.......
    Have heard of some people falling for this over the past few week too

shels4ever wrote: »
    Had the same call last week on my unliseted number and they didnt take it well when I told them i had no computer and don't run windows.......
    Have heard of some people falling for this over the past few week too
    I actually started questioning him what operating system I was running. He said something about XP, I said I'm not running that, than he said something about windows 7, again I said I'm not running that and it was odd that he could tell me I had errors on my system but could'nt tell me what I'm running. I asked him to hang on while I transfered him to Interpols computer crime department. He hung up.:pac:

I actually started questioning him what operating system I was running. He said something about XP, I said I'm not running that, than he said something about windows 7, again I said I'm not running that and it was odd that he could tell me I had errors on my system but could'nt tell me what I'm running. I asked him to hang on while I transfered him to Interpols computer crime department. He hung up.:pac:

I just questioned him about how he got my number, sounded like some indian call centre, and its funny to give them a bit of hastle and make them thing they are onto something, but some people have been ripped off :(

It's from India. Here's the number 002 538 020308. Any problems give him a ring. Next time I must ask him if he could help me with the old AS400 I have in the shed.

• Advertisement

It's from India. Here's the number 002 538 020308. Any problems give him a ring. Next time I must ask him if he could help me with the old AS400 I have in the shed.
    This guy takes the piss out of them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-IzN46-L0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ZkmD-O-Ns&NR=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

There's a full thread here on the computers forum that I'm following - a few gems in there if you have time for a read.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This is the 'wonder supplement' Mr Slow has gone on and on and on about for months. No surprise his times are getting so much faster...

This is the 'wonder supplement' Mr Slow has gone on and on and on about for months. No surprise his times are getting so much faster...
    Looks like you spilled baking flour on the floor, or your 'dealing'.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

He's had some 'cracking' times alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Mmm, it's summer :)
    74b0e0a9.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Get yer'self some proper zoider: :D
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=736&filename=5ubm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Which reminds me, I need to take that 5 gallon barrel back to get my deposit back and get the smaller jugs refilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

neilc wrote: »
    Mmm, it's summer :)
    74b0e0a9.jpg

Floor needs a bit of sweepin'.
    Just saying...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

robinph wrote: »
    Is there something "magic" in elastoplast that makes scabs dissapear? Got some big scabs on the arm and knee at the moment, but sat around yesterday watching tennis in shorts and I had to put something over them to stop me picking at them. Couple of hours later and the scab has turned to goo.

It's probably that hyrdocolloid stuff that I only found out about last week, it reacts with exudate to create a gel and makes the wound all moist. I however am having the opposite problem. Got a gash almost two weeks ago at an IMRA race, right on the shin. In hindsight I should have got a stitch as it's quite wide and every step pulls the two sides apart. So after normal dressing and hydrocolloid dressings it's still not close to sealing, it just stayed nice, clean and moist, but still a gaping hole. So I put some paper stitches on it yesterday and am hoping for a big scab at this stage.

It's a pain in the ass because I'm twitching here to go out for runs, or at least cycles, but I need to try get it to heal so the less movement the better. Come on scab !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Happy Birthday thread all for you, just coz you're an all-round good bloke. Three cheers!

*edit* moved to off-topic thread to spare his blushes

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

You two guys need to get a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

7 day ban! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Get out and run your age in km :pac:

Happy birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Get out and run your age in km :pac:

Slacker. A mate of mine did it in miles on his 45th birthday (in 3 runs).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Went along for my regular MOT visit at the hospital this afternoon and it was mentioned about someone else who had been in to see them that morning and was doing am English Channel swim. They have a team of six people swimming for an hour each on the way across to France, but they are all insulin dependant diabetics and using a pump.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Animas-UKIreland-Relay-Channel-Swim-Event-July-2011/201679589853792?sk=info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It really is a small auld world. I've been swimming with one of those guys (Mark) a couple of times.

Heads up, Toughest Race On Earth with James Cracknell - Marathon des Sables on Discovery now!

neilc wrote: »
    Heads up, Toughest Race On Earth with James Cracknell - Marathon des Sables on Discovery now!
    Enjoyed that. A great achievement finishing in 12th place. What a tough race. Kudos to the boards runners who have completed it, without the need for thermo-scientists, nutritionists, and camera crews.

Yeah it was good alright.
    He was in some shape after the 80km stage, some recovery to be able to go again next day.

Went for a 12 mile run around Lucan/Clondalkin last night (around 8pm), and couldn't help notice that the entire area was over-run by rabbits. They were everywhere. In the fields, along the canal, in the industrial park. Everywhere. Not your average timid rabbits either. These guys hobbled off the path and watched me run by. Felt a little like Hitchcock's The Birds. Anyone else notice this recently? I must have seen nearly a hundred of the little feckers (possible slight exaggeration).

Went for a 12 mile run around Lucan/Clondalkin last night (around 8pm), and couldn't help notice that the entire area was over-run by rabbits. They were everywhere. In the fields, along the canal, in the industrial park. Everywhere. Not your average timid rabbits either. These guys hobbled off the path and watched me run by. Felt a little like Hitchcock's The Birds. Anyone else notice this recently? I must have seen nearly a hundred of the little feckers (possible slight exaggeration).

Yep same this time of year all the time, but they seem to be doing better this year, if you run about dusk is mental the amount of them around. Could make a nice stew I think :)

shels4ever wrote: »
    Yep same this time of year all the time, but they seem to be doing better this year, if you run about dusk is mental the amount of them around. Could make a nice stew I think :)

Make sure you throw some veg in there as well. You'll die on a diet of just bunny rabbit as it's missing some essential nutrients, well that's what Stephen Fry said on a QI and who am I to argue with him.

Same in cherryfield pk in Firhouse, its like watership down in the evenings. Rabbits are big rats. Most people think rabbits are timid creatures, take it from me, their vicious little buggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Like every other living thing in Clondalkin breeding like er.............. rabbits ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

robinph wrote: »
    Make sure you throw some veg in there as well. You'll die on a diet of just bunny rabbit as it's missing some essential nutrients, well that's what Stephen Fry said on a QI and who am I to argue with him.

You'll die on a diet of any one foodstuff (well, to be pedantic, you'll die anyway, but you know what I mean).

Apparently if you could choose one item to eat for your life, spuds are your best bet (although there's no Vit D so you may get rickets).

Advertisement