Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Reading a review of a new book about Harold Abrahams, quote 'In his early days, Abrahams rose to prominence winning many a 150 yard race at Stamford Bridge. Imagine that, an athlete running 150 yards at Stamford Bridge and not throwing himself to the ground in a hissy fit, threatening the referee and then stalking off'.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Thought the standard of penalty taking in the Women's World Cup final was bad enough. Then I saw the Brazil match. How the hell is it possible to miss ALL your penalties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Thought the standard of penalty taking in the Women's World Cup final was bad enough. Then I saw the Brazil match. How the hell is it possible to miss ALL your penalties?

In fairness
    Worst Brazil team in history + dodgy pitch = what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I was delighted to see my fellow Town Man, finally fulfill his golfing potential yesterday. Nice to see he still knows how to celebrate too :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Beginning the first few miles of an LSR* by bumping into a mate who is also out for a run, but at a minute+ faster pace than you were intending to is not the best idea.

* Long ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Very convenient that my rest day from the bike should fall on such a s'hitty evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Very convenient that my rest day from the bike should fall on such a s'hitty evening.
    are you serious ?!, weather is perfect over west in the sticks

A Triathlete afraid of water now I have heard everything:D

Seres wrote: »
    are you serious ?!, weather is perfect over west in the sticks

Raining here all day although good to know it will clear from the west later.
    ecoli wrote: »

A duathlete! - or more so just a biker at present!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I just ate nearly a full clonakilty black pudding. Feel a bit ill:(

I love it so much though its worth it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Bally8 wrote: »
    I just ate nearly a full clonakilty black pudding. Feel a bit ill:(

I love it so much though its worth it:D

Experimenting with fuel for Long Runs i hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

ger664 wrote: »
    Experimenting with fuel for Long Runs i hope

:o Hee hee yes boss thats right...

(actually come to think of it, the air expelled as a result of said pudding might give me that turbo boost I've been lacking:D)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ecoli wrote: »

Triathlete? Triathlete's run. Unlike some people eh kenny? :p

Triathlete? Triathlete's run. Unlike some people eh kenny? :p
    Ha ha , i s'hit you not when i say im seriously considering conducting an experiment for the half marathon. Last year i was off the bike for 5 months and ran only 50 miles before running it and did it in 1'33.

This year i ve barely ran, but am lighter and have better aerobic fitness so im tempted to see what can be ran off no mileage at all. Nuts i know, i ll prob crash and burn. I would never suggest this to others. But i think it could be a bit of fun and might be interesting theory wise.

I ll see though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

^ Have you got a Discovery TV crew following you round?

Sounds like something that James Cracknell chap would do, eat no real food, do no training due to some daft injury, then go off and run through the Sahara or somewhere equally stupid.

robinph wrote: »
    ^ Have you got a Discovery TV crew following you round?

Sounds like something that James Cracknell chap would do, eat no real food, do no training due to some daft injury, then go off and run through the Sahara or somewhere equally stupid.
    No just personally being stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Ha ha , i s'hit you not when i say im seriously considering conducting an experiment for the half marathon. Last year i was off the bike for 5 months and ran only 50 miles before running it and did it in 1'33.
    And a week later got taken apart by a ouldfella in a 5K race:D

gerard65 wrote: »
    And a week later got taken apart by a ouldfella in a 5K race:D
    Unfortunatley yes, my excuse is i was not recovered sufficiently!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

My dyslexic friend just sent me a text to say someone has died in an Army Warehouse in London - what's that all about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

My neighbour has been blaring his crap music for the last two hours (we don't get on so no point in talking), his wife and kid don't seem to be there. What am I to do...
    Send 6 screaming kids out my own back arm them with a radio and the Saturdays latest album, I wonder who'll win this round ...

• Advertisement

Woddle wrote: »
    My neighbour has been blaring his crap music for the last two hours (we don't get on so no point in talking), his wife and kid don't seem to be there. What am I to do...
    Send 6 screaming kids out my own back arm them with a radio and the Saturdays latest album, I wonder who'll win this round ...

Come back from one of your early morning runs and do a weight routine out the back. 80s montage music blaring to make sure you keep the tempo up and "push it to the limit"

Woddle wrote: »

Could you have imagined yourself saying that 10 years ago 'old man' :pac:

Start watering the garden and then put targets on top of the fence and give the kids the hose :p

Rupert Murdoch says he is touched by all the messages of sympathy left on Amy Winehouse's voice mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

This year i ve barely ran, but am lighter and have better aerobic fitness so im tempted to see what can be ran off no mileage at all. Nuts i know, i ll prob crash and burn. I would never suggest this to others. But i think it could be a bit of fun and might be interesting theory wise.

I ll see though

When I was running junior xc we use to recruit the brother of one of our team mates who was a cyclist. He didn't run a step but 2 years in a row he was our second scorer. His brother was sick as they were identical twins.

One of the lads I run with, well a long way behind actually, has just got himself a place in the Crystal Palace Diamond League U20 3km next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Santa came early this year...

23w40vq.jpg

1000cc's of "adventure sports" bike. I spent the first 48 hours with it convinced MrsA had put voodoo on it to claim the life insurance but I think I am winning the battle of wits (not that you should brag about outwitting an inanimate object but I am sure you get the drift)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

1000cc's of "adventure sports" bike. I spent the first 48 hours with it convinced MrsA had put voodoo on it to claim the life insurance but I think I am winning the battle of wits (not that you should brag about outwitting an inanimate object but I am sure you get the drift)
    Good to see you finally succumbed to the dark side. Pity you bought the wrong bike. :D

Well wear. Keep her between the ditches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Good to see you finally succumbed to the dark side. Pity you bought the wrong bike. :D

Well wear. Keep her between the ditches.

BMW? They can't even put the indicators in the right place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I used to think that v-twins made the coolest noise till I got an IL4 :)

Keep it shiny side up!

• Advertisement

23w40vq.jpg

I see you took the pink training wheels off :p

Advertisement