Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

menoscemo wrote: »

BTW I saw most of the Dublin players out after the match tonight, they are not as big as they look on the pitch, but christ they can certain;y drink :eek:

Meno in "I go to Coppers" admission

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dublin winning an All-Ireland. :D:D:D:):):):rolleyes:
    You're one funny dude.

Hey, a double is on the cards! Drop back in late September, when you can dig this post up to slag me with. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Any ABU fans? :D

Looks like United's new goalkeeping find is gonna make 2011/12 a great season. :pac:

David de Wha the fcuk was tha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Any ABU fans? :D

Looks like United's new goalkeeping find is gonna make 2011/12 a great season. :pac:

David de Wha the fcuk was tha

I think i liked you better when you stuck to athletics talk:D

Will still beat them despite some "bedding in" issues

2-1 Game on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Meno in "I go to Coppers" admission

:eek: no way
    They were all in Jurys outside croker actually. Then I moved up to fagans and the whole squad landed in just after 12, manager included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

menoscemo wrote: »
    :eek: no way
    They were all in Jurys outside croker actually. Then I moved up to fagans and the whole squad landed in just after 12, manager included.

Likely story.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Meno, there's no shame in going to Coppers. You're from the country so its what us country folk do.

Any nice nurses or garda in there these days or is it all D4 types? Twas the last time i was there. Drowning my sorrows tonight so i feel your pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Talk about robbing all the valuable stuff!

368532754.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312904855&Signature=iMfrKx08dsbRHlGm8qIG4pRrow0%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Talk about robbing all the valuable stuff!

368532754.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312904855&Signature=iMfrKx08dsbRHlGm8qIG4pRrow0%3D
    Well if they were Tangfastics, hell yeah. But if they were only stupid Starmix, I mightn't have bothered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

We all got off work early for our own safety while travelling home. I must have dodged at least 10 petrol bombs on the 500m cycle back to my house :p

They're supposed to hit my area next, bring it on, i need new runners!

We all got off work early for our own safety while travelling home. I must have dodged at least 10 petrol bombs on the 500m cycle back to my house :p

Oh, are you in Limerick this week? :)

Oh, are you in Limerick this week? :)

You obviously have a short memory :D

5:37 - 5:53 on the right, doing the hard man taunting thing. That's you, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Anyone know of a good avi shinker program?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Auto Gordian Knot (AutoGK) and Super, were the tools of choice a year or two ago, when I last needed to convert/compress video. Not sure if there are any newer more sophisticated tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Great Thread, especially post #20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Today was the first day this year I figured I'd better oil up with factor 20 before going out for my long run, not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Summer so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Guys, I'm overnighting at Dublin airport on Saturday before heading down the country. Looking forward to a first proper pint of the black stuff for a year or so. I don't fancy a hotel bar or the city centre madhouse on a Saturday so - any recommendations for a nice, quiet-ish bar within a quick taxi ride? Might try the Gravediggers if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not necessarily the black stuff, but Mulligans in Stoneybatter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Can anyone point me in the direction of a shop that sells twin skin/layer running socks in Dublin 1/2? I was up in Runways yesterday but they had none in my size - L/10.

Elverys on Suffock St.? Arnotts?

Not necessarily the black stuff, but Mulligans in Stoneybatter?

Near the airport RK :)

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Guys, I'm overnighting at Dublin airport on Saturday before heading down the country. Looking forward to a first proper pint of the black stuff for a year or so. I don't fancy a hotel bar or the city centre madhouse on a Saturday so - any recommendations for a nice, quiet-ish bar within a quick taxi ride? Might try the Gravediggers if all else fails.

Good to see you survived the mass murder in Jersey!

Mulligans of Poolbeg Street in town is seen as the best Guinness in Dublin. I've tested that theory hundreds of times and I tend to agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Good to see you survived the mass murder in Jersey!

Mulligans of Poolbeg Street in town is seen as the best Guinness in Dublin. I've tested that theory hundreds of times and I tend to agree :)

Controversial, but I think the Guinness in The Stags Head is superior!

Indeed Dublin looks a safe haven this week :(

Agree with Mulligan's Poolbeg Street but never tried the Stag's Head. Anyway I'm not heading for the city centre - was hoping for a quiet pint Santry way, or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Any iphone experts here?

Have had a problem the last few days with my facebook app. I keep getting an error message 'Unable to connect to facebook. Try again later'. Strange thing is my husband can log into his account on my phone no problem but mine won't. Can't figure out if it's a phone thing or a problem with facebook? I can log in fine on laptop :confused:

Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

JKF wrote: »
    Suggestions?
    Likely a cache'ing problem. Try removing the facebook app and re-installing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Likely a cache'ing problem. Try removing the facebook app and re-installing it.

Tried that yesterday.. Twice! No joy. Thanks anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bookface was doing that to me on the desktop earlier today, nothing to do with the fruitFone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Going to go for my first run in 6 months after work

Advertisement