Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

In a race between someone driving to the post office to then send a couple of items special delivery, and me running to the post office to stop them due to a change in the instructions...I won, but only by a second.

They had a couple of minutes head start as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Going to go for my first run in 6 months after work
    Lazy f****er.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lazy f****er.
    :D

Not going to lie it was tough - 7k or so. will be sore in the morning no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Wahoo:pac: Friends with Liz Yelling on facebook. Anyone know any other top athletes who accept facebook friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

gerard65 wrote: »
    Wahoo:pac: Friends with Liz Yelling on facebook. Anyone know any other top athletes who accept facebook friends?

martin fagan, alastair cragg, sonia o'sullivan and caterina mckiernan are all facebook hoors as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I did just spot you on there amongst the list of "friends in common" with Liz Yelling. Jo Pavey also appears amongst my friends of friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

you back yet ?

you back yet ?
    He might only run once a year, but it lasts for 6 months. Now thats what I call a LSR.:D

you back yet ?
    He might only run once a year, but it lasts for 6 months. Now thats what I call a LSR.:D

Har har lads! Was stiff as a poker after first one. Did my second one yesterday, a nice 5 miles, and plan is an hour easy later. Build up for the dublin half marathon again this year which is my fav race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

picked my first homegrown spuds there today out in the back garden. Love it:D There's a raspberry plant that may or may not bear fruit at some stage too.
    Gotta get onions and carrots and all that for the next growing season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Any chance anyone has tickets for Dublin v Donegal on Sunday ? OH and son have been to all matches (league & championship). Thought they has tickets but there was a f**k up and now too late to get them on line. I know it's a long shot but ......

kit3 wrote: »
    Any chance anyone has tickets for Dublin v Donegal on Sunday ? OH and son have been to all matches (league & championship). Thought they has tickets but there was a f**k up and now too late to get them on line. I know it's a long shot but ......
    Very slim chance. I believe there was massive Q's today outside the ticket outlets. I'd say your only chance is if you know someone in a club.
    The hype is well and truly on its way:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

kit3 wrote: »
    Very slim chance. I believe there was massive Q's today outside the ticket outlets. I'd say your only chance is if you know someone in a club.
    The hype is well and truly on its way:rolleyes:
    I know you're right - no harm in trying though. Have 'feelers' out in all directions so hoping for the best. Had been offered them with the club but thought we were sorted !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

No more glasses for the foreseeable future :) Successful lasering done yesterday and better than 20/20 vision today... And to top it off, nice call from work today with positive promotion news :D Very good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

xebec wrote: »
    No more glasses for the foreseeable future :) Successful lasering done yesterday and better than 20/20 vision today... And to top it off, nice call from work today with positive promotion news :D Very good day!

Best thing you'll ever do - I got lasik done 5 years ago and my vision is still perfect today. It's the weirdest thing waking up in the morning and seeing everything clearly - you get used to it very quickly though!

Congrats on the good job news too!

Anyone watching the Rovers match. Looking good for the first LOI team into a european group stage:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Anyone watching the Rovers match. Looking good for the first LOI team into a european group stage:pac:

As a fan of the other Rovers, can't decide if I'm as sick a pig or happy for league. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Nice draw for them too, big game against Spurs...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

Europe watch out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heC8Lcx82bI

Contains language some may find offensive. Like "C'mon Rovers".

Only seen this today! Brilliant. for anybody who doesnt know this is the guy who runs askaboutmoney.:pac:

• Advertisement

Leeds draw united in the carling cup next round. Remember this?:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Leeds draw united in the carling cup next round. Remember this?:D

Took an age to cross the line and Gary Neville saw every milisecond of it. :cool:

Really don't want to play them again. I don't fancy Ross McCormack against them...

This game is bound to be on telly though, so I propose a boards beers for the event.

Actually, I'm sorry Rossie. I take it all back. :pac:

Awful match, but great to see Donegal's puke football beaten.
    UP THE DUBS:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Crikey, Arsenal lucky to get away with 2-8.

Some one just smashed into mums car, admitted liability straight away then changed her story when a load of people who 'have never seen her before in their life' ran over to her. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Some one just smashed into mums car, admitted liability straight away then changed her story when a load of people who 'have never seen her before in their life' ran over to her. :rolleyes:

Please say ye called the gardai and didn't move the cars until they came

chinguetti wrote: »
    Please say ye called the gardai and didn't move the cars until they came

Guards were called yeah. By the time I got around the cars were already moved. Could have killed her for moving the car, she knows better than that.
    "The traffic had to get by"
    "They can turn around drive for a minute and go to the road parallel to this one..." says I

She normally wouldn't have in that situation I reckon, she knows better. They were very abusive to her, and you know me, I saw red with the way they were speaking to her/getting aggressive with her etc they backed off quick enough when I stepped in and she wasn't on her own anymore.

Girl driving the other car looked about 15, had no licence to give to the guards and before the guards were called (and before the people 'who have never seen her before in their lives' came over) she said she'd ring my mum with the insurance details as she 'didn't have them with her'.

She also didn't know that her insurance details were on the disk on her windscreen (bright young thing). Until the guard discovered there was no insurance disk. :rolleyes: The girl who was driving was saying very, very little.

Girl was in the car with three younger kids I think, mum was on her own. About 12 of them ganging up on, shouting at and getting aggressive with a lone woman in her 60's. Classy folk.

I reckon mums car will be getting fixed by the motor insurance bureau...

So an idiot admits attacking Neil Lennon, his defence admits it in court, its shown live on tele, but a jury finds him not guilty:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Oh Anglo... What surprises have we left to hear about? Makes me feel physically ill.

Senior managers, executives and board members should be shipped off to a third world county to build housing for the rest of their lives.

Advertisement