Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Dublin winning an All-Ireland. :D:D:D:):):):rolleyes:
    You're one funny dude.
    Hav'nt forgotten this:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I was asked by people as i ran around Dublin 3 and 7 this morning if i was a tout and did i have spare tickets? Touts wear running gear, who knew!

I thought it was over for Dublin, BUT:D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:D
    Great game, nerves are in tatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

gerard65 wrote: »
    I thought it was over for Dublin, BUT:D

It is now!

:D

That has to be the most dramatic final ever.

• Advertisement

I really thought the Dubs had thrown it away, and a couple of years they would have, but they showed great character to come back. Great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Fair play to the Dubs. Came back from the dead with Kerry coasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Nearly went out the frickin window when that goal was scored. Can't believe they did it. Come on the Dubs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2 beers down the hatch already since the end of the Dubs match. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

gerard65 wrote: »
    Hav'nt forgotten this:D:D

I expected no less :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

racheljev wrote: »
    I'm in my customary match-watching position - standing up, roaring at the telly, hiding behind the door in extreme moments of stress.

I spent most of the second half in the hallway peeking through the sitting room door at the tv every now and then! It was all too much for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

It was a great game, full of drama. As I'm from the Kingdom bit disappointed with the outcome but congrats to Dublin on a fantastic come back to win with less than 10 mins to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I know it's early days, but, anyone thinking of running in Connemara in April Pigsback have a deal up for Peacockes hotel and City Deal have a deal for the Station House hotel in Clifden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Got a ticket quite late in day for the match yesterday, amazing stuff - brilliant to be there :)

Poor minors, that goalie wont forget that for a while [nor should the greedy forwards who spent second half glory hunting!] :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Trying to spot typos in some artwork before sending to a printer at some ungodly hour of the morning is a loosing battle with keeping my eyes open.

I just know there will be some glaringly obvious mistake that I see tomorrow morning now...but too late now, it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

robinph wrote: »
    Trying to spot typos in some artwork before sending to a printer at some ungodly hour of the morning is a losing battle
    Fixed your post. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Parents just called to say that they filled up the diesel campervan with petrol so probably were not heading away this weekend.

Was it wrong of me to be laughing at them over the phone whilst being told this?

Steve Jobs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

6am Saturday morning, It can't come quick enough! Is there a chewing nails smiley?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

6am Saturday morning, It can't come quick enough! Is there a chewing nails smiley?? :cool:

Looking forward to it alright, 6am will be a pain but it's unmissable. If we beat Wales i wouldnt worry about England or France. Imagine the final vs the All Blacks sans Carter. Great to have Conrad Murray ;) and O'Gara starting.

• Advertisement

As long as France don't make the final I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Ridiculously nervous about tomorrow havent felt like this since i thought id miss my boat over to the HC final in Cardiff. Getting up wont be the problem, getting to sleep beforehand will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Stopped off to get a few cans for this evenings footie match. Special deal meant you got 6 cans for 7.50. Nice one, however second better deal gives you 12 cans for 10 euro. I asked myself what would Jesus do ......... And bought the 12 cans.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Ridiculously nervous about tomorrow havent felt like this since i thought id miss my boat over to the HC final in Cardiff. Getting up wont be the problem, getting to sleep beforehand will.

Got up ultra early today to be sure of some sleep. Fee beers now to help and try for 6 hours or so sleep. After Cardiff and Croke Park, the nerves aren't quite getting there yet, but it's building...

I'm not going to be lazy and go two days in a row without running for no good reason again. Was seriously lacking in free natural drugs running around my system today and it was really depressing and not fun at all in work today. :(

Been for a run again now and feel much happier. Free happy drugs flowing round your system is good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I asked myself what would Jesus do ..........

Bought the Ballygowan, obviously.

the tight bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Stopped off to get a few cans for this evenings footie match. Special deal meant you got 6 cans for 7.50. Nice one, however second better deal gives you 12 cans for 10 euro. I asked myself what would Jesus do ......... And bought the 12 cans.

Jesus wept...

at the value, 12 cans for a tenner!!!!!

You bloody need to drink 12 cans to get through this rubbish. Dull as...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Tell me about it, sitting here sober with a miwadi :( muck....

• Advertisement

Typical Late Late Show, what do you expect:p

Advertisement