Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Take it, take it, take it..
    All....day....long.....
    Hilarious..
    :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I just love the way they're all talking about City buying success. Errr...hello, where have you been the last 18 years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Sure poor liverpool are still trying to buy it to get into the top 4:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Poxy weather yesterday meant I spend most of the afternoon watching children's TV. See this add.

WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I saw that ad last week, and a few times since, and WTF were my thoughts exactly. "Da, da, can we get that game where you lose if the dogs ****s on the carpet ! Plleeeeeeeasssseee ! "

I've lost that game hundreds of times over through the years. For free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Email from a work colleague:

Thomas you're really milking this one!!! We would never gloat like this !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Too right I'm milking this one! It doesn't happen all that often.

Thomas you're really milking this one!!! We would never gloat like this !!!

Yeah surrrrrre they wouldn't. Not one of the things they're known for at all is it? And definitely not one of the reasons people don't like them. :rolleyes:

There's a 25 page thread on WACCOE about this game, slight overkill and a bit sad like. I hear they were singing about us again though. Love the way their fans always say they don't care about Leeds yet they sing about Leeds at every game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

And they laughed at me when I started building an ark in the front garden. Not laughing now, suckers!

My sister lives in a bungalow, water pouring in at the front and back of the house and coming up through the floor in the babies room. They headed over to mine and got stuck - now they're on their way back. Not sure where she expects to go when she gets back to her own house unless she sleeps on the roof. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Not my pic, picked up on Twitter - Dundrum SC
    309680_2291404639198_1071477487_2613542_1211597205_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

^ all that's missing is the orchestra playing "nearer my god to thee"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Liffey just burst its banks on both sides literally 100m down the road from my apartment. :eek:

Liffey just burst its banks on both sides literally 100m down the road from my apartment. :eek:

According to After Hours someone got swept into the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

feck. lots of updates on the weather forum. Parts of city getting hit hard inc. Dundrum shopping centre which closed due to floods. Built over a culverted river which had risen and flooded. :eek:

296484_2576050080086_1219352810_3123995_431171236_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Just listening to Ray Darcy who has a guy on who has lost tonnes of weight since January and is intending to walk the DCM on Monday- fair play to him. He mentioned that he is going to start from the front as he predicts it will take him 8 hrs to complete it. I wonder how many other people will hear that and follow his example!

Bally8 wrote: »
    Just listening to Ray Darcy who has a guy on who has lost tonnes of weight since January and is intending to walk the DCM on Monday- fair play to him. He mentioned that he is going to start from the front as he predicts it will take him 8 hrs to complete it. I wonder how many other people will hear that and follow his example!

*groan*
    Ray Darcy should know better than to encourage that kind of crap. Did he not point out to the guy that

a) he would be an obstacle to 10000 runners behind him and
    b) that after 8 hours the extra 5 minutes to cross the line hardly matter.

Anyway, if he does not have the right coloured number, they won't let him into wave 1. He probably does not know yet, but I doubt he will make it to the front, even if he tries.

*groan*
    Ray Darcy should know better than to encourage that kind of crap. Did he not point out to the guy that

a) he would be an obstacle to 10000 runners behind him and
    b) that after 8 hours the extra 5 minutes to cross the line hardly matter.

Anyway, if he does not have the right coloured number, they won't let him into wave 1. He probably does not know yet, but I doubt he will make it to the front, even if he tries.

His crazy rational was that if he started near the back he wouldn't have anyone to talk to during the race so it would be better if he started from the front. Ray Darcy suggested he would try to pull a few strings to make make it happen. Gerry Duffy agreed it would be a great idea:eek:

I was just imagining all those ham sandwich brigade saying that would be a great idea and it ends up with a few hunderd walkers trying to get into the first wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

He mentioned that he is going to start from the front as he predicts it will take him 8 hrs to complete it.

He's in trouble then - the course is only open 7 hours this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

His crazy rational was that if he started near the back he wouldn't have anyone to talk to during the race so it would be better if he started from the front.

Because there'll be people moving slowly enough to talk to him there?

• Advertisement

His crazy rational was that if he started near the back he wouldn't have anyone to talk to during the race so it would be better if he started from the front. Ray Darcy suggested he would try to pull a few strings to make make it happen. Gerry Duffy agreed it would be a great idea:eek:

I was just imagining all those ham sandwich brigade saying that would be a great idea and it ends up with a few hunderd walkers trying to get into the first wave!
    Might be worth sending in a text/tweet/email/whatever, just to point out that starting from the front is dangerous and will inconvenience the 14,000 runners who have to get past him and others who follow suit.

I understand he's a regular contributor to Ray's show, and his weight loss has been admirable and he is a role model, however, that aside, lining up at the front of the field is just crazy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Next weeks marathon news: man trampled to death by 14000 evil "joggers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Is his name Declan Moffatt by any chance?

To be fair to the chap, he hasn’t a clue about race etiquette and I wouldn’t blame him.

However, his logic is insanely stupid. I mean what is his thinking? “I’m walking but I want to talk to people. Therefore, I’ll start at the front.” How does that even make sense? He’ll talk to the person beside him, the gun goes, and he’s on his own from the moment the race starts. How does he not realise this?
    Ray D’Arcy is great for encouraging his listeners to exercise but what an idiot for suggesting he’ll pull some strings…hopefully DCM will tell him to start at the back.

Fair play to the guy for losing all that weight. But start at the back, you’ll be able to talk to people there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He'll not even be able to talk to the person beside him at the start, unless he's been brushing up on his conversational Kenyan or Russian whilst loosing all that weight. If he's standing at the front he will get trampled and pushed to the side. He'll then be at the back of the field within a couple of minutes and able to chat away as much as he likes about the cuts and bruises he picked up after causing a pile up at the start.

Runners are a nice friendly bunch, but do not get in their way at the start of a race.

I was offline there for a while and didnt hear the rest of the show but I think I might just do what Krusty said and send in a email to say how dangerous it is to suggest that guy starts from the front and maybe Ray should also tell people that they should start in their correct waves.

Photo of the new Garmin Forerunner 910.
    It's looking damn fine.

Garmin what now?

It's looking damn fine.

You just ruined it for me. My wife is never going to allow me bringing her it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

More water :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

It's looking damn fine.

There's a watch in that pic?

Advertisement