Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Arriving in Hueston tomorrow at 12:57pm!

What the hell is the handiest way to get from there to the RDS?

Staying in Travel lodge rathmines, whats the handiest way of getting from CC to there? I think bus 15 serves rathmines if i remember right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Staying in Travel lodge rathmines, whats the handiest way of getting from CC to there? I think bus 15 serves rathmines if i remember right?

The 145 bus goes from Hueston through Leeson Street/Morehampton Road/Donnybrook.

You can get the 15 or 65 buses to Rathmines from town, or the 16/9/122 get off them on Harrington Street and Travel Lodge is only about 10 minutes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Maybe just jump on Luas to Connolly and then get dart to Landsdown or one after for RDS.

• Advertisement

The 145 bus goes from Hueston through Leeson Street/Morehampton Road/Donnybrook.

'Scuse my Limerickness but if I were to get the 145 bus, where would I be getting off for the RDS. Go on RQ, be my google maps for me

'Scuse my Limerickness but if I were to get the 145 bus, where would I be getting off for the RDS. Go on RQ, be my google maps for me

Waterloo Road/Wellington Place stop - walk straight up Waterloo Road or Wellinington Place/Cyde Road > turn right > walk straight > see RDS > Go into RDS

You'll have to excuse my lack of exact knowledge, the last time I walked around down there I was picking up my Leaving Cert results. Twas a while ago now. :(

Waterloo Road/Wellington Place stop - walk straight up Waterloo Road or Wellinington Place/Cyde Road > turn right > walk straight > see RDS > Go into RDS

You'll have to excuse my lack of exact knowledge, the last time I walked around down there I was picking up my Leaving Cert results. Twas a while ago now. :(

Thanks for that, yeah 4 decades ago was a while ago, was it still called the leaving cert then or did it have another name since it was sooo long ago?

Thanks for that, yeah 4 decades ago was a while ago, was it still called the leaving cert then or did it have another name since it was sooo long ago?

Chortle chortle :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Snowdon marathon highlights going to be on S4C shortly. Just turn down the volume and take in the sights. Always looks like a fab marathon. Usually run in terrible weather!

Turn on the sub titles and you're sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Where's a halloween party when you need one. Post marathon I have a zombie shuffle to beat all zombie shuffles. I do a mean line in moaning and groaning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

how did the Mighty Leeds get on against the Lowly Blackpool ?

how did the Mighty Leeds get on against the Lowly Blackpool ?

We lost 5-0. Thanks for showing an interest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

oh. god sorry racoonqueen.
    it never crossed my mind that you would see that post;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Any of the tech guys able to tell me what I should expect in a tablet. I'm going to get one for my wife for xmas but wouldn't have a huge budget. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Woddle wrote: »
    Any of the tech guys able to tell me what I should expect in a tablet. I'm going to get one for my wife for xmas but wouldn't have a huge budget. Thanks

At the moment you've 2 options for the OS, IOS (Apple) or Android (lots) and Windows to come.
    Think about the primary usage Wi-Fi only, usually cheaper or 3G (SIM or mini SIM).
    Then think about mobility versus size. 5, 7 or 10 inch.
    If Android look for the latest version of the OS.
    I view them more as a companion device not a replacement for your primary PC.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I view them more as a companion device not a replacement for your primary PC.

I'm trying to keep her away from my laptop :D
    Cheers for that beepbeep.
    It would be wifi only, she likes her games, reading, facebook and is it possible to watch stuff in AVI and MKV. I'd say she'd love to be able to take her vampire diaries to bed with her :D

Yep there would be an installed movie player and lots of free aps to play any non standard formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Woddle wrote: »
    I'm trying to keep her away from my laptop :D
    Cheers for that beepbeep.
    It would be wifi only, she likes her games, reading, facebook and is it possible to watch stuff in AVI and MKV. I'd say she'd love to be able to take her vampire diaries to bed with her :D
    If she wants to watch MKV media, you'll need something with a bit of processing power. For IOS you may need to jailbreak the iPad in order to get it to play any HD MKV files (max 720p), otherwise something like VLC (it's a downloadable player) should do a pretty reasonable job.

The mkv wouldn't be too important, her main tv stuff is avi from eztv.
    I'm thinking of this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A1CS-CAPACITIVE-MULTI-TOUCH-PROCESSOR-S5PV210A8/dp/B004MG46US/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1320517514&sr=1-1

Any thoughts, this would be as far as my budget stretches really, just paid €400 for flights to Berlin :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Quick question for people who travel overseas for work... Do you have per diem expenses and if so what are they? I'm working for a client and want to be fair to them but I'm racking up a fortune on things like mobile broadband access and phone calls!

Thanks

Normally work off $100 per day to cover meals, transport and communications, you made need to add some factoring based on which continent you are travelling to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Normally work off $100 per day to cover meals, transport and communications, you made need to add some factoring based on which continent you are travelling to.
    Thanks, last time I was in the States I billed $50/day but all meals were provided and no taxis were needed. I'm in Europe this time and figured around the €75/day mark alright

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

For me it's expenses, which is just as well, as $100 wouldn't stretch very far in CA. So it really depends on what part of the US you are travelling to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'm avoiding a look at the Lanzarote December thread as I'll turn into a green hulk if I do. The council finally arrived after weeks of badgering to say they would happily connect our water for 1500 friggin euro. Robbin' ba%tards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Trying to find a list of times for various distances online, i think i saw it here before.

Basically it was a table which showed the times for various distances that a club runner or a novice (or various other levels) should aim for. ie a clu runner should aim for a sub 35 10k or whatever...

Im describing this really badly. Anyone know what im talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

LaHaine wrote: »
    Trying to find a list of times for various distances online, i think i saw it here before.

Basically it was a table which showed the times for various distances that a club runner or a novice (or various other levels) should aim for. ie a clu runner should aim for a sub 35 10k or whatever...

Im describing this really badly. Anyone know what im talking about?

The Big 8 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

ecoli wrote: »

Perfect, cheers for that

Advertisement