Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

This popped up in my Bookface feed:
    http://www.englandathletics.org/news.asp?itemid=7999&itemTitle=London+officials+wanted+for+world+champs&section=90

Not your usual Hollywood film I guess. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

WOW. That was a great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

It's on nights like this I'm glad I have a treadmill - don't think my nipples have recovered from last night anyway :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    It's on nights like this I'm glad I have a treadmill - don't think my nipples have recovered from last night anyway :eek:

Ah sounds nice, just finished work myself and time to hit the road. None of that easy threadmill running for me fingers crossed the nipples last .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Really, there are children who read this forum. Dom by name, dom by nature...

• Advertisement

Really, there are children who read this forum. Dom by name, dom by nature...

You must have been weaned off to early :p

You must have been weaned off to early :p

BEST. REPLY. EVER. :D:D:D

BEST. REPLY. EVER. :D:D:D

I was expecting you to say you were raised on the bottle and are still waiting to be weaned off that ;)

Moving swiftly on and changing tack:

Cloud Atlas (2004) by David Mitchell, is kindling my nights lately, and is quite Pynchonesque-esque. Well worth a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Bloody hell, I've the worse dose of the flu I can ever remember, 2 weeks now feeling like crap. Earlier I had to run downstairs to get the phone, waste of time as I couldn't talk for ages due to the amount of coughing I did, you'd think I had emphysema. Next year I'm paying for the flu shot, or just not going to the in laws, they all had it before me.

• Advertisement

The barman says "we don't serve neutrinos in here".
    A neutrino walks into a bar.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The barman says "we don't serve neutrinos in here".

The barman says “Weren’t you here earlier?"

There was a young lady named Bright
    Who could travel much quicker than light
    She vanished one day, in a relative way
    And returned on the preceding night.

not a beepbeep original

Shocking news. Seems he took his own life. Very sad. RIP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm very sad. :(

Speedy was one of my earliest heroes. The 20 year celebrations will be missing their golden boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Eagles soared tonight. Revenge for 91 extracted :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Anyone looking for a new bike?

thisone is awesome (read description)

http://www.adverts.ie/bikes/manly-bike-for-sale/1070699

Power Balance Statement:
    In our advertising we stated that Power Balance wristbands improved your strength, balance and flexibility.
    We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims and therefore we engaged in misleading conduct in breach of s52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974.
    If you feel you have been misled by our promotions, we wish to unreservedly apologise and offer a full refund.

Guess there's a few peeps that need to start training instead!

Huffington Article

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can we now sue Guinness? I've consumed buckets loads of their product, but the GP insists that it isn't any good for me.

...and those Nike Air Jordans never made me leap tall buildings.

...I'm still hoping that the claims made by Lynx are all true, though no sexy winged women have fallen out of the sky in front of me just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

robinph wrote: »
    ...I'm still hoping that the claims made by Lynx are all true, though no sexy winged women have fallen out of the sky in front of me just yet.

Not counting those cuties in Cork ;)

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Not counting those cuties in Cork ;)

C'mon Roy, you know the rules- that photo must be posted whenever quoted!

RobinPh.JPG

I would make some claim about having forgotten about those lovelies, and me not actually posting the previous message as part of a cunning plan to get someone to post the picture again for all of our viewing pleasure.

But nobody would believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Can we retrieve the other, very similar pic? The one with Robin's eyes straying downwards and with kevinkilbane's immortal caption 'I wonder where I can get one of those flags?'

Worth a look through if you are looking for a laugh - autocorrect fails
    http://mashable.com/2011/12/05/damn-you-auto-correct-funniest-text/#37139

11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Thursday nights are gonna be very interesting in Manchester in the new year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Thursday nights are gonna be very interesting in Manchester in the new year :D

Don't both teams "qualify" for the Europa league on the back of these excellent results? :pac:

Off the weather Forum. LOL:D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Robbed from the cycling forum. :)

390649_125864587528252_100003141353672_130507_649009208_n.jpg

Advertisement