Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That's really sad :( R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

My friend and her friend who's a doc were on the scene of that accident yesterday on their way back from a hike on lug. Heart goes out for the family left behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

How's everyone doing after the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

was that a long weekend for you?
    I'm already looking forward to the next one, because I've a week off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

So now I am a Clare woman living in Tipp. Hectic weekend but it is so worth it. I love my new home! Took me 52 minutes to get to work this morning though- I used to live 4 minutes away!

• Advertisement

No I didn't have a long weekend :( Regular two day for me!
    Glad to hear ur loving your new digs Bally8 - Tipp seems to be the place to live at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I've only a 3 day week this week and holidays start on Thursday
    morning. A week in Frankfurt and 5 days in Zurich (not your typical tourist destinations granted!). Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I'm attending a 60's theme birthday party in a couple of weeks. Myself and the OH can't think of what to get dressed in. I checked a couple of rental shops online and if I'm stuck I could go with a beatles costume.

Any other ideas ? We don't necessarily have to compliment one another !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

How's everyone doing after the weekend?

broke up, was a participant in the world drinking championships 2009, and nearly won (stag do)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I've only a 3 day week this week and holidays start on Thursday
    morning. A week in Frankfurt and 5 days in Zurich (not your typical tourist destinations granted!). Can't wait.

In case I forget...

GOOD LUCK!

• Advertisement

behave or I'll be bringing considerably less swiss chocolate home with me :-)

ooops missed the good luck the first time, thought you were just being sarky about the holidays, appologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

What birthday present do you possibly get for someone who has everything? :confused:
    Boyfriends bday in few weeks and not a clue what to get him.... even though he has everything he isn't really materialistic, prefers doing stuff and getting out and about..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

MarieC wrote: »
    What birthday present do you possibly get for someone who has everything?

Nawting

I just got another call for an interview :):):)
    woo hoo

What birthday present do you possibly get for someone who has everything? :confused:

Penicillin? :P

What's teh budget? How about this?

As for you Ms HM, that's the last time I try and be nice to you!

*flounces off in huff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Boyfriends bday in few weeks and not a clue what to get him.... even though he has everything he isn't really materialistic, prefers doing stuff and getting out and about..........

Sign him up for a marathon :D

aer lingus have lost my bike reservation (you can only do it by phone i.e. no proof on my end) and now say they don't have room on flight for my bike :-(

What??? thats crap!!! What are your options re getting it out on later flight? Do any of us know anyone working in Aer Lingus that could get some inside help I wonder? what are flight details?

Woddle wrote: »
    Sign him up for a marathon :D

Nope Iv done that before and due to injury it didn't happen.

--amadeus-- What's the budget? How about this?
    Thanks for suggestion Amadeus but he has done a sky dive and bungee jump in the past.

Im not sure of the budget. Its knowing what to get is giving me the headache........

If he likes doing stuff, asre there any of the following he hasn't tried? surf lessons, sea kayak trip, diving course,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

My OH couldn`t make up his mind for his bday pressie so I made that chocolate cake, got him 2 books (1 political,1 zombie), and 2 days of undivided attention without any running whatsoever!!!
    So easy in the end...
    He actually refused a trip to New York :eek:

would the NY trip have been in November to watch the marathon by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

would the NY trip have been in November to watch the marathon by any chance?

yep! :D
    It still counts doesn`t it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'm heading to Wexford tomorrow so I was told to do the garden, I'm exhausted, so not looking forward to a run in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

I booked bikes with Aer Lingus yesterday by phone and asked why they are so archaic to require a phone booking when Ryanair manage perfectly well by website.
    Anyway, the very nice lady informed me their complaints department not alone lack a phone number they are also missing an email address. class stuff indeed...

The snail mail address to enquire about their useless bike policy is;

Aer Lingus Customer Care Unit
    Correspondence Section
    Head Office Building
    Dublin Airport

cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Woddle wrote: »
    I'm heading to Wexford tomorrow so I was told to do the garden, I'm exhausted, so not looking forward to a run in a couple of hours.

sounds like you're your own boss there.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Im wrecked myself this evening. Today was the first day I went to work from my new house. I now have 2 hours in a car per day as opposed to 10 minutes before. The thoughts of cooking a dinner, unpacking more of the house and fitting in a run before hitting the sack tonight do not seem appealing.

On a less moany note- what about a helicopter flying lesson MarieC? I got one of them for my OH 30th and he loved it.

Weird reasons for not running #976 (of a continuing series)

I wera contact lenses. I also like spicy food. Yesterday i was making dinner and I got the tube of tomato purée out of teh fridge. I noticed it has some red oil on it (that went on my hand), cleaned it up and carried on.

Of course what I didn't realise is that the bottle of extra hot "Devils Head" sauce had leaked and the pure oil was now on my hands. To pout it in context I happily eat vindaloo but I cannot put more than two or three drops of this stuff in my curry at home. A few minutes later my eye started to sting (I must have rubbed it)...

Well I ended up ripping out my contacts, rinsing my eyes in optrex and all was well. But this am when I went to put the lenses back in - OUCH!!!! My little girl heard some new words... I washed my hands, washed the lenses, washed the case and soaked them all day but just tried now and still burning. So they are now in soaking in a bigger tub. I don't want to bimn them - they are monthly's and are fresh in on Sunday. But lenses I can't see. And if I can't see I can't run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I haven't done it yet but I got a voucher to do a half day of cooking lessons for my 30th bday gift. Followed by a 4 course meal...so you could both do that. Gift for both of you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

I haven't done it yet but I got a voucher to do a half day of cooking lessons for my 30th bday gift. Followed by a 4 course meal...so you could both do that. Gift for both of you?

where did you get this for (if you don't mind me asking) it sounds like a great idea???

Advertisement