Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

where did you get this for (if you don't mind me asking) it sounds like a great idea???

At this place http://www.villageatlyons.com/

I haven't had a look around the site yet myself and didn't see a voucher link straight away. Have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Mid Week
    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭Bambaata

why are some people stupid? there has to be something in the water around my way. this morning i saw two people break red lights without even realising it. both within 50m of eachother.

Daily i see people break lights where there is a green arrow to go forward but not left as pedestrians have had their light go green and still cars always seem to break it without even realising what they have done. aaaaaaaaa rant over!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Back from a crazy weekend at Glastonbury, there were some Dark Forces present over the weekend though as between us we "lost" a couple of bags, containing phones and cameras. Also the keys to the campervan went missing as well which resulted in having to spend the night wandering the site trying to find somewhere to put our heads down.

I'm now just finishing off my packing ready to go off skiing today, hoping not to break any limbs though as that would give Woddle a chance of beating me once the XC season starts again when I get back. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Why do cars drive straight through pedestrian crossings when they can see pedestrians waiting to cross, that brings out the very worst in me, particularly when there is a pram involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

robinph wrote: »
    I'm now just finishing off my packing ready to go off skiing today, hoping not to break any limbs though as that would give Woddle a chance of beating me once the XC season starts again when I get back. :D

I can't wait till your return so I can hammer you, forget pictures of the world champs on your wall I've got robinph on mine giving me a in your face look with babes either side, tahts enough to keep me motivated, you going down :cool:

Thats my fighting talk out of the way :D have a good one , I'll be following you via flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

robinph wrote: »
    Back from a crazy weekend at Glastonbury, there were some Dark Forces present over the weekend though as between us we "lost" a couple of bags, containing phones and cameras. Also the keys to the campervan went missing as well which resulted in having to spend the night wandering the site trying to find somewhere to put our heads down.

Well once you don't do the lazy down hill stuff yuo might come back in better shape ;) lots of XC skiing i hope...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bambaata wrote: »
    why are some people stupid? there has to be something in the water around my way. this morning i saw two people break red lights without even realising it. both within 50m of eachother.

Daily i see people break lights where there is a green arrow to go forward but not left as pedestrians have had their light go green and still cars always seem to break it without even realising what they have done. aaaaaaaaa rant over!!

I often see people take a turning on a green light and then come to a stop immediately around the corner when they see a glimpse of the red light that is for the opposite direction. Along with bad roundabout skills I think there is some serious problems with the driving instructors and the bad instuction that they give.

shels4ever wrote: »
    Well once you don't do the lazy down hill stuff yuo might come back in better shape ;) lots of XC skiing i hope...

I am crazy and will happily do any number of stupid activities, but XC skiing is just far too much effort to be considered in anyway "fun". I guess many other people would say the same about running though, I draw the line at the 26.2 and don't intend to go any further than that. As for sliding about on snow, that should always be downhill IMHO ... ask any boarder about negotiating flat bits of the mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

robinph change the "Queenstown" location now yer back!!
    I miss NZ and its making me sad....:(
    I think I need a teapot of Champagne to cheer me up :)

Not got there yet, just got a bit ahead of myself with chagning the location. Hop on the plane tonight so will be there by the time I get off it after about 37 hours flying. :eek:

NZ is fantastic and just found out that more of my friends are in the process of applying for Kiwi residency so think I may have to start the application process myself as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'm packed and ready to go on my holidays.... one last meeting at 3:00 and then I'm out of here :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Magnet wrote: »
    I think I need a teapot of Champagne to cheer me up :)

I like your style :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

I'm packed and ready to go on my holidays.... one last meeting at 3:00 and then I'm out of here :-)

Good luck on your "holidays"
    All that shopping and sightseeing eh?
    Its Tough! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone want to recommend me somewhere good to live/run in Galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Hey Rainbow, where you working out of? Will suggest places nearby....

Working in Ballybrit industrial estate. I was viewing somewhere in Ballybane tonight which is dirt cheap, contemplating taking it just for the 2 months until my friend moves down in September to do her masters.

I could also do with finding out some good places to run, I fell flat on my face running down Dyke Road tonight, and took all the skin off my knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

Any League of Ireland supporters on here? I'm a Drogs fan myself - quite heavily involved in a new fundraising drive for the club - the Claret & Blue Club - www.claretandblueclub.com. We launched it 2 weeks ago and it has been a positive start. Quite stressful at times though, so last night's Army race in the Phoenix Park was a great way to let off steam! If anyone has any suggestions as to how we could attract people to join I'd love to hear them. It's a terrible time to be asking people for money, so we're trying to offer as many incentives as possible for people to join.

I assume Shels4ever is a Shelbourne fan? Hope they get promoted this season - I was at the Shels v Limerick game at the end of last season - even as a neutral I felt gutted for the Shels supporters, especially since it meant our local rivals Dundalk got promoted on the same night!

My sister works at Dalymount Park selling tickets on match days, so by proxy I'm being forced to be a Bohemians fan...

• Advertisement

Are you going to the Champions League match Rainbow? Last year we played Dynamo Kiev in Dalymount - lost 2-1 - conceded a goal in the last 5 minutes. Drew 2-2 over in Kiev and hit the post in the dying seconds. So close to a giant-killing! Bohs v Red Bull Salzburg should be interesting. I hope Bohs win to boost the profile of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

I'm one of the owners of a Premier Division side that play in a new stadium near Wicklow :)
    Good luck with your claret and blue. Difficult times ahead for all in the League of Ireland.

A P wrote: »
    Are you going to the Champions League match Rainbow? Last year we played Dynamo Kiev in Dalymount - lost 2-1 - conceded a goal in the last 5 minutes. Drew 2-2 over in Kiev and hit the post in the dying seconds. So close to a giant-killing! Bohs v Red Bull Salzburg should be interesting. I hope Bohs win to boost the profile of the league.

Probably not, working in Galway makes going to midweek matches at Dalyer a little awkward!

Hi Hard Worker - thanks for the good wishes. Exciting times ahead for you guys - how are preparations for the Real game going? I was at our 2 games against Rovers in Tallaght this season - it's a really nice stadium. Makes us wonder what might have been if our own stadium plans hadn't been scuppered. After so many years in the doldrums it's nice to see Rovers on the up again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I show a vauge interest in Bohs...have done for years, I wouldn't insult true Bohs fans by calling myself a fan. I'm a massive Leeds fans making approx 13 games or so a season...which is WAY more than I make at Dalymount. Fact that I train/coach and work a lot on Friday nights makes it hard to make it to LOI games as well whereas if I'm making a day trip to Leeds I get up a little earlier and can get a run in before my flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Probably not, working in Galway makes going to midweek matches at Dalyer a little awkward!

rainbow kirby, seeing as you run by the Dyke Rd. why not pay Utd. a visit sumtime;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Get out and support the Tribesmen - Terryland has a great little set up and most of the home matches are on Friday evening

Aye - Terryland is a nice stadium. Wasn't able to make it to the Drogs match there a few weeks ago due to work commitments - hope to make the match in the autumn. It's a shame that they're struggling for support these days - they play some nice football and are doing quite well this season. The Drogs are breathing down their necks though!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I used to work for Cork City FC and was a big fan, went to Europe 6 times following them - Prague, Limassol, Belgrade, Iceland, Sweden and Finland last year. I was let go in the big cull when the club went into examinership last year, haven't been back since...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

colblimp wrote: »
    I used to work for Cork City FC and was a big fan, went to Europe 6 times following them - Prague, Limassol, Belgrade, Iceland, Sweden and Finland last year. I was let go in the big cull when the club went into examinership last year, haven't been back since...

You probably know Robbie and Carol.
    Unfortunately, I think things will get worse before they get better. Some good people in FORAS.

Advertisement