Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

If people think I'm the reason this forum is now completely dysfunctional- like this post. Over 10 likes and I'll fook off into the sweet night

Honestly? I don't think you posting here does you or the forum any favours. You're a nice guy in real life, but you keep getting banned because when you get bored you come on here to start a fight. It's only a matter of time before you get banned again, and then what? Another new account and the same thing all over again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

walshb wrote: »
    It's always nice to come first in something!

As the Bishop said to the virgin...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

RayCun wrote: »
    Honestly? I don't think you posting here does you or the forum any favours. You're a nice guy in real life, but you keep getting banned because when you get bored you come on here to start a fight. It's only a matter of time before you get banned again, and then what? Another new account and the same thing all over again?

Fair enough. I suppose when a poster who I know in real life and consider eminently reasonable makes a point like that, the writing is on the wall.

Before I go I'd just like to point out how sad it is that forum has gotten this **** (I think it has) I'd also like to apologise for the role I played in that. That said one of the main reasons I have come back all these times is I a) don't like bullying/ injustice and b) generally wanted to make peace with my "enemies" here.

<snip>

An apology/ a mutual acceptance of shared responsibility for all the drama - an acknowledgement that I was right all along about Stazza and this could have all just gone away and we would have been back to the harmonious place that A/R was until he/ her showed up.

I'm far from being a victim in all of this- I've played a role I've fired shots etc etc... I just think its ridiculous that backhanded out of the open stirring gets a person zero infractions/ bans while those of us who've said stuff in the forums and tried to be reasonably transparent get canned. Just sucks really but thats life.

I wish all of you the best (even the person who has refused to engage/ apologise/ talk about our issues. ) Laters folks.

ps I've an MRI on Weds so if the more religious amongst you could light a candle it;d be appreciated....

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Good luck with the MRI, hope to see you racing again soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

<snip>

When did it all stop being about the running?

https://xkcd.com/386/

Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,148 ✭✭✭✭walshb

rom wrote: »
    https://xkcd.com/386/

Life is too short.

I've always hated that saying. Life is the longest thing you'll ever do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Ososlo wrote: »
    <snip>

Considering I'm the only one who has thanked that post as of the time of your post I will answer.

<snip> Andy is a heart on his sleeve guy. I know him in real life now and consider him a friend. I'm thanking the fact he has acknowledged his part in the mess. And it is / was and continues to be a mess. All of his reactions though (which by the way I don't 100% blindly condone to be very fair) were based from an initial point where quite simply he was right. He and others called bullsh!t, ended up in a row, left the forum and ultimately it turned out they were right to call it in the first place. There is a certain injustice to that - not withstanding what went on afterwards.

Personally I'm sad to see such a valued contributor to all things running here going / gone. Not sad to see the bullsh!t go. But bottom line is this forum is overall at a loss from him not being here IMO so I thanked the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Ososlo wrote: »
    <snip>

This stopped being about running when Stazza cynically came on here, used people and wound them up. That is when all of this started because Andy and others like him had the balls to call him out and were ridiculed because of it. Unlike PM I've never actually met Andy in real life but I do think he has contributed enormously and generously to this forum. I notice he has even tried to give you an olive branch over the last few weeks although why, I don't know to be honest. Andy didn't name you in the post above although he could have - you did that for yourself. He put his hand up and acknowledged his part in all of this which is all part of the honesty and integrity that I've seen from his time here. Yet again, you've reacted aggressively when someone posts something you don't like. There is nothing in that post which warrants it being taken down.

Best of luck with the MRI Andy - hope it all goes well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

And yet, by the very fangs of malice I swear, I am not that I play.

Twelfth Night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Bag o' ****e.

Paul Calf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

The forum has become a real mess in the last few days. As said above, let it be about the running.

For everything else there is the off topic thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

The forum has become a real mess in the last few days. As said above, let it be about the running.

Eh this is the off topic thread?!

Unfortunately there is a lot of history to this particular mess that goes way back beyond the last few days - the original **** stirrer has long since departed but we will read all about it in the book which promises to be a masterly tome ;)

walshb wrote: »
    I've always hated that saying. Life is the longest thing you'll ever do!

Hope your trying to be ironic. Think we will be dead longer ;)

Hope your trying to be ironic. Think we will be dead longer ;)

I don't do dead. I do living!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Gavlor wrote: »
    Eh this is the off topic thread?!

Sorry got lost there :) It happens me a lot lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Ah Jaysus, he's not gone again is he? And we were starting to get on so well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Such a pity.....
    I was looking forward to his essay on the link between the civil rights movement in 1960's America and the gay marriage referendum. :pac:

• Advertisement

Such a pity.....
    I was looking forward to his essay on the link between the civil rights movement in 1960's America and the gay marriage referendum. :pac:

Yes, it's always nice to be enlightened - you might have learnt something

If I was him I would have signed off with this at the end of my post.
    http://tinyurl.com/m7raynk

If I was him I would have signed off with this at the end of my post.
    http://tinyurl.com/m7raynk

Then he'd be back for the omnibus on Sunday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

<snip>

gerard_65 wrote: »
    "I have already made it clear I'm not Doc Q! I do speak to him though and will pass along your regards."

The pertinent question would have been are you the real life person also behind the Doc Q username(s). ;) Some people see their accounts as stand alone entities. :)

Should rename this thread 'the battle of the thanks!'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

To be fair, before Stazza came along, Andy was a very well respected poster here, and had time for everyone of all standards, in all disciplines (except race-walking it seems). While I didn't always agree with him (in particular his opinions of Paula Radcliffe which I 100% disagree with), he has been one of the very interesting posters, in let's face it, a forum which can be fairly mundane and repetitive for most of the year.

It's sad that all of this Stazza has created the animosity that now exists towards him, and towards others on this forum. He created a mess, disappeared, and the place has been a hotbed for personal battles since then. I think those who are against him should really look at this cowboy Stazza more objectively, and realise just how much he was taking this whole place for a ride.

The 2 of you really should put this behind you, act like adults, meet up and make a truce. After all, it's only an Internet forum that most athletes in Ireland don't even read these days anyway. Not really worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Stazza log is well worth a read for anyone unfamiliar with the history. I found it great watching it unfurl but I was never personally involved which might explain why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Just to clarify.
    Any animosity I have or have had towards Andy has been down to Andy, and is not the responsibility of anyone else. Andy stated in his latest departing post that he would not quote certain PM's he received and I shall return the favour and do the same.
    Chivito550 wrote: »
    To be fair, before Stazza came along, Andy was a very well respected poster here, and had time for everyone of all standards, in all disciplines (except race-walking it seems). While I didn't always agree with him (in particular his opinions of Paula Radcliffe which I 100% disagree with), he has been one of the very interesting posters, in let's face it, a forum which can be fairly mundane and repetitive for most of the year.

It's sad that all of this Stazza has created the animosity that now exists towards him, and towards others on this forum. He created a mess, disappeared, and the place has been a hotbed for personal battles since then. I think those who are against him should really look at this cowboy Stazza more objectively, and realise just how much he was taking this whole place for a ride.

The 2 of you really should put this behind you, act like adults, meet up and make a truce. After all, it's only an Internet forum that most athletes in Ireland don't even read these days anyway. Not really worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Chivito550 wrote: »

This is a nice post to put a line under this. Can we move on please

The ignore function is a great way to block out people who you do not wish to interact with.
    The PM function is a great place for off topic bickering, you can even set up a group and pm multiple people at once.

Now, here is a dog, sitting on a cat.
    https://www.facebook.com/HuffPostUKComedy/videos/523593381077511/?pnref=story

Advertisement