Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

What the hell does this mean? ðŸ˜
    It's driving me crazy.

Emoticons (smilies) but not part of the coding here so don't appear as such

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SeanPuddin_

They're Apple/Android smilies - they come up like that on platforms that don't recognise them.

Jeez, all these years I thought it was a lady and her shopping bag flipping me the bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Aren't airports a wonderful place just to hangout.
    Remember when Aer Lingus just to bump you up an available flight at the gate - the good old days. Not anymore and then they have the cheek to announce that your scheduled departure is delayed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Emoticons (smilies) but not part of the coding here so don't appear as such

"rolleyes"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Think this beats krusty's t-rex :)

12341594_550979948399589_3209042327434132849_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Aren't airports a wonderful place just to hangout.
    Remember when Aer Lingus just to bump you up an available flight at the gate - the good old days. Not anymore and then they have the cheek to announce that your scheduled departure is delayed :mad:

I had the journey from hell back from Germany earlier in the week finally arriving in Cork coming up to 4am! However on a positive note, these guys are going to chase Ryanair for me on a 'no foal, no fee' basis so might get some cash back in the fullness of time.

I can confirm that Schönefeld Airport is not a wonderful place to hangout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Browsing all my local strava segments wondering why I've been dropping like a stone on them. Seems like the top 10 are taken up by people have all done them on the bikes, plus one lady who done a half k up hill in 30 or so seconds.

I'll be keeping strava busy come Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luighne

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Browsing all my local strava segments wondering why I've been dropping like a stone on them. Seems like the top 10 are taken up by people have all done them on the bikes, plus one lady who done a half k up hill in 30 or so seconds.

I'll be keeping strava busy come Monday.
    Noting like having your CR broken by someone driving a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Luighne wrote: »
    Noting like having your CR broken by someone driving a car.

Had to flag a three minute mile on one of my local segments recently. They're pretty good about fixing reported activities though, to be fair.

• Advertisement

I think it's automated and will only be investigated if the person who owns the activity you flagged challenges it, so it assumes there's an issue with the flagged activity.That's my understanding anyway.

I've had a couple activities flagged in the past, one was valid as I messed that up myself when switching sports on my watch but there was nothing wrong with another.

The funny thing was that both activities were over 3 years old at the time from either Gaelforce or a similar multisport event. I think I know who it was too, this guy I know since a teen who believed he was the best at everything he did, everyone knows someone like that. He turned up at a race I was doing and bet him in every stage, they were flagged soon after that.

A guy once told me that every time he went for a run on a particular route and uploaded it to strava. There'd I'd be faster than him for each segment, cos I'd done part of his route on a bike but it uploaded as a run. Was driving him mad but I'd no idea which one it was to fix it. :D

Was going through my activities there last week and spotted one that had been flagged. Thought that must have been the one he was talking about but it was a five mile jaunt around phoenix park, at running pace so I've no idea why it was flagged. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luighne

Murph_D wrote: »
    Had to flag a three minute mile on one of my local segments recently. They're pretty good about fixing reported activities though, to be fair.
    Never knew you could do that. Yay I'm top the leader board again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stammerjones

Think lust for life has just checkmated the #Rsp page.Running is our super power may have been spoken for the last time.Hearts and minds for sale,Bressie may even become a mod on boards,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Think lust for life has just checkmated the #Rsp page.Running is our super power may have been spoken for the last time.Hearts and minds for sale,Bressie may even become a mod on boards,

Utter nonsense and malicious gossip.The RSP page is very much alive and kicking. If you bothered to check you will find that there is a refreshing of the page taking place to "clean up" any lapsed members and make the page more manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Utter nonsense and malicious gossip.The RSP page is very much alive and kicking. If you bothered to check you will find that there is a refreshing of the page taking place to "clean up" any lapsed members and make the page more manageable.

Oooooooh.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

What's the story with that page, I remember about a year ago I offered advice on how to approach the Dungarvan 10 race. The following day I was removed from the page, bit strange I thought, never bothered with it again after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ridiculous page if you ask me, predominantly pictures of Garmins and telling each other how great they are.

I got into it last year with one of the organizers of the page. I was arguing that HR max was useful and good be calculated quite easily outside on your own but she had organised some guy to do some sort of lab test to calculate this and was selling this to all the members so didn't want to hear about it.

Defo not alive and kicking,admins and major playas getting dumped off left right and centre."Clean up" my arse,the end of rsp is in sight to be replaced by #bressie.He might even try and take over operation tranformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

adrian522 wrote: »
    Ridiculous page if you ask me, predominantly pictures of Garmins and telling each other how great they are.

I got into it last year with one of the organizers of the page. I was arguing that HR max was useful and good be calculated quite easily outside on your own but she had organised some guy to do some sort of lab test to calculate this and was selling this to all the members so didn't want to hear about it.

I wasn't accepted in the first place :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My boyfriend is in it

Pretty stupid thread to be starting, almost as bad as the use of a hashtag within it.

So what if it's gone or not. It caters for a subsection of people. What skin is it off anyone here's nose? If it's not your thing don't bother with it.

It's not the first time this infantile stuff came up about it.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Pretty stupid thread to be starting, almost as bad as the use of a hashtag within it.

So what if it's gone or not. It caters for a subsection of people. What skin is it off anyone here's nose? If it's not your thing don't bother with it.

It's not the first time this infantile stuff came up about it.
    4000 nembers .bound to be 1 or 2 interested in it.If ur not interested or concerned dont comment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

I'm a member and still have access to it so think the OP is mistaken

Not really an 'Athletics/Running' topic. More suited to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Not really an 'Athletics/Running' topic. More suited to here.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Off topic isn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

4000 nembers .bound to be 1 or 2 interested in it.If ur not interested or concerned dont comment either.

It seems to be those who dislike the page that comment the most. I didn't like the page so just left it, no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Good one for showing the kids (big ones too) the scale of the Universe and their place in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

demfad wrote: »
    Good one for showing the kids (big ones too) the scale of the Universe and their place in it.

And just to think one man made all that in just 6 days.Shows you the importance of recovery.

Advertisement