Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

well the interview went well and the assessments were grand. Even got chatting to an old Team Leader that I had in a previous job.....

However, my going to Poland for a week in September is apparently a problem as I'll only be just finished training if I'm successful in getting the job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm mildly amused that a search for IT courses on PostgradIreland returned a course in "Applied Christian Spirituality"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Track and Field can be bad for your health

ouch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

:eek: ouch ouch ouch!!!!! I knew there was a reason I never got involved with javlen (spelling!!) throwing etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

ouch.jpg

Thanks for the pic Misty. I coach javelin and hate doing so because of the safety aspect. Shows I'm right to be worried :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

ouch.jpg

Ancient one that (2006). Two well known athletes were speared recently (both 2007) in the upper body. Name them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Ancient one that (2006). Two well known athletes were speared recently (both 2007) in the upper body. Name them.

Salim Sideria in the Golden League in Rome is the best known http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhT30Ov41_s :eek:

I understand Bart Rogers, top throws coach up at Clonliffe, got one in the leg a little while ago. Scary.

ouch.jpg

That's unpleasant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Brilliantly posed question. Lol'd

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

ouch.jpg
    thanks for that Misty. We have a new group of junior athletes who have just started throwing Javelin and no matter how often you try to tell them how dangerous it is they still don't seem to understand!! Pic now posted on club website and I hope it has desired effect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Kids gone to their cousins for the night :D
    12.4k run done and dusted :D
    About to jump in the shower and get ready for a wedding :D
    Staying overnight in the hotel :D
    Catch y'all 2moro!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Roman Sebrle(sp?) was one... Didn't he still win afterwards though?? Madness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

JKF wrote: »

And Salim Sdiri

sdirivid1407_468x322.jpg

or video footage here from 3:46 mins on

JKF wrote: »
    lecheile wrote: »
    And Salim Sdiri

Yes and yes. Sdiri jumped a lifetime best this year, so he's back to his best, thank God. Sebrle did indeed go on to win the world decathlon title later in 2007! :eek: All the throwing implements are very dangerous. There have been deaths recorded from hammer and shot strikes (usually to the head). A friend of mine was hit on the gluteus maximus by a javelin. Fortunately, it was an old, blunt model and didn't pierce the skin, but he did have a huge lump for a while. Safety is not just paramount, it's critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

ouch.jpg

Looks like fun.

Nice way of getting out of wok for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Did every single runner in Ireland descend on their local Lidl's this morning? Just been round 3 and no sign of a HRM in any. Only in the third did I get to find a pair of shorts or a top in anything but XL, was almost tempted to buy some of the runners at one point just so not to have wasted my time....

I didn't even know that they were selling any running stuff!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

Yep!
    I couldn`t get outta work to go shopping so I rang my sis to get me a running top...
    She`s sorry she took that call I bet!!
    .....so in the end I got 2 running tops (1 pink,1 black), 2 packs of 2 socks, 1 running jacket, 1 long running pants, 1 3/4 length running pants and 1 fm radio for a grand total of €56 priceless!! :D:D
    For everything else there`s mastercard!!

I didn't even know that they were selling any running stuff!!!!

There was still loads of ladies stuff left in all the stores I went to, Shots, tops, socks and running jackets in all sizes ;) Really worth it, tops are 6.95 and top class, even a little pocket for your ipod/phone.

I have one of the jackets. Would love some running pants though. Need to get used to wearing the skimpy pants lol ;)

• Advertisement

I have one of the jackets. Would love some running pants though. Need to get used to wearing the skimpy pants lol ;)

There were loads of lycra running pants there for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

loads of the hrm's left in shannon at lunchtime. A Good deal, but figuring out the monitor from the instructions isn't the easiest!

I asked my mum to go to Lidl this morning... won't know what she got me until I get back to civilisation tomorrow. Otherwise, I don't fancy my chances of obtaining some socks in my size...

In other news, work still sucks, starting to contemplate going back to college in September for a masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

jeeze. i thougt david millar was gonna win teh stage yesterday. 1 min up and 10k to go. the poor lad gobbled up by the peleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

jeeze. i thougt david millar was gonna win teh stage yesterday. 1 min up and 10k to go. the poor lad gobbled up by the peleton.

Brave stuff though, fair play to him for trying. Its a good Tour this year.

I'm keeping the fingers crossed for Lance to win it - What a great come back that would be :D

Anyone watching right now?

What a great bit of descending that was by Cancellara. He stopped for a wheel change and had a pee while waiting. :D Then off again to catch the peloton in spectacular countryside.

Anyone hear that guy Carlton going on about when he bought a new wetsuit. He went back to his hotel room at 3 a.m. and tried it on while drunk. The zip got stuck and he had to go down to reception to get the night porter to unzip him. :D

I'm back in civilisation! :)

Time to eat lunch and then head out for 5 miles before the rain starts out here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

No running for me this weekend.....
    Tipp vs. Sligo followed by Clare vs. Galway tomorrow.
    The Boss in the RDS on Sunday.

566km round trip tomorrow, sure it's only 2 days of running to Enduro :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

What to do? Its Friday night Mr Soon-To-Be Bally8 is at work on night shift, my daughter has a friend over for a sleepover so Im barred from the sitting room. Thank god my broadband is back. Now Im living in the countryside its not so reliable.

Advertisement