Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Heading to the dole office this morning. This is Tallaght, so time to bring a good book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Heading to the dole office this morning. This is Tallaght, so time to bring a good book.
    Did you get that mail I sent you a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Where's good to park for tonight's game in Tallaght Stadium? Was thinking The Square. Do you think it'll be mobbed? Is it handy enough for the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Where's good to park for tonight's game in Tallaght Stadium? Was thinking The Square. Do you think it'll be mobbed? Is it handy enough for the stadium?

Jammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Jammy
    Where's that? Is it near the stadium?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Had a half day booked off work today which was lucky given my mum was coming home from hospital today...my knee which had been a bit sore on Saturday had been fine yesterday but today in work I got down on my hunkers talking to a patient and I was in agony so I stood straight up...completly forgot and did the same to get to the washing machine when I got home and have been in agony ever since. Not good, not good, not good. Can barely walk never mind do my planned 15 miler. :(

shels4ever wrote: »
    Did you get that mail I sent you a few weeks ago?

Yeah, I've nowhere near enough experience for any of that stuff though :-/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah, I've nowhere near enough experience for any of that stuff though :-/

Did you get what I sent you? I'm not overly confident of putting things in the postal system at work but I risked it anyway.

Yup, got it, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

So I promised my partner that I wouldnt talk about running for a whole day. Has anyone ever tried it? Its SO hard, everything in my life is somehow connected to running and the marathon these days. AArrrrgh I think I might just explode before the day is out. Also he thinks its cheating if I come on here and talk about running so Im here on the sly while he is gone out for an hour:)

I hate loosing bets!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Bally8 wrote: »
    So I promised my partner that I wouldnt talk about running for a whole day. Has anyone ever tried it? Its SO hard, everything in my life is somehow connected to running and the marathon these days. AArrrrgh I think I might just explode before the day is out. Also he thinks its cheating if I come on here and talk about running so Im here on the sly while he is gone out for an hour:)

I hate loosing bets!!

Talk about this instead :D:D:D:D

ALO-011463.jpg

Oh oh is that the guy from the hangover? He is yum and that film is brill. I cant wait for my wedding in Vegas after seeing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Bally8 wrote: »
    Oh oh is that the guy from the hangover? He is yum and that film is brill. I cant wait for my wedding in Vegas after seeing it!

'I wonder why they call them roofies ... you're more than likely to end up on the floor then the roof' :D

ULstudent wrote: »
    'I wonder why they call them roofies ... you're more than likely to end up on the floor then the roof' :D

"Not you fat jesus :-)"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Who the hell decided to give kids 8 weeks off school? Trying to placate a yr old boy (who's decided we don't have a garden, it's a football pitch that his sisters are not allowed play on), a 6 yr old girl (who just wants to do a few cartwheels and handstands on the 'pitch' but keeps getting blemmed out of it by the boy who reckons his confirmation name will be el nino) and a 3 yr old who's just p***ed off cos that shower are normally at school and not annoying her. I keep throwing them out the back during the breaks in the rain. At the moment, they're having an egg and spoon race (with potatoes sub'ed for eggs). Small hissy fit from smallest girl cos her potato kept falling off, until I sticky taped it to the spoon...:)

racheljev wrote: »
    Who the hell decided to give kids 8 weeks off school? Trying to placate a yr old boy (who's decided we don't have a garden, it's a football pitch that his sisters are not allowed play on), a 6 yr old girl (who just wants to do a few cartwheels and handstands on the 'pitch' but keeps getting blemmed out of it by the boy who reckons his confirmation name will be el nino) and a 3 yr old who's just p***ed off cos that shower are normally at school and not annoying her. I keep throwing them out the back during the breaks in the rain. At the moment, they're having an egg and spoon race (with potatoes sub'ed for eggs). Small hissy fit from smallest girl cos her potato kept falling off, until I sticky taped it to the spoon...:)

LMAO - Kids are great aren't they ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Meant to ask MunsterGal - you got offered the job, did you take it?

tagoona wrote: »
    Meant to ask MunsterGal - you got offered the job, did you take it?

My manager is back in the office on Wednesday and she wants to discuss the possibility of me staying where I am but in a different role.
    I'm just going to wait and see what she has to offer and then make up my mind. I don't have to give her my official notice until Friday anyway.

Who would have thought that in the middle of a recession I'd have two jobs to consider!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Nice position to be in!

A few years ago I was working in recruitment and I was offered a ob in training. The basic salary in the training job was higher but I was then offered a promotion in the recruitment role. The basic was still lower but the commission meant that the OTE in recruitment would have been a lot higher.

I took the training job and - tbh - I've never looked back. Commission is all well and good but you have to be hitting the numbers for it to be worthwhile. And at times like these there is a lot to be said for having a dependable amount hitting the account every week / month

Well if I stay in recruitment - my salary will stay the same as it is now and i'll have the potential for making commission.
    If I take the other job offer I'll be dropping my salary by 3k and have no option of commission or overtime etc.
    The reason for going for that job to start with was because my own role is going to be made redundant and my manage couldn't get sign off for the new role but it looks like now that I've said I'm handing in my notice she might be able to force their hand a bit........ I've told her that I need any offer in writing though before I turn down the other position.

On another note. crap run/walk this evening

• Advertisement

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH I HATE 3 MOBILE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i feel someone has anger issues:)

tantipie wrote: »
    i feel someone has anger issues:)

WOO HOO you logged on again :D:D:D
    Hope you noticed that I have now passed you out on the 1000 mile challenge :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

I feel your pain. I was with them up til a week ago.

That's what you get for been with 3 mobile. IN YOUR FACE

That's what you get for been with 3 mobile. IN YOUR FACE

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Totally uncalled for dude!!!

Anybody miss the sun?
    I mean it was nice the past 2 days but i mean the type of sun we had throughout june

Anybody miss the sun?
    I mean it was nice the past 2 days but i mean the type of sun we had throughout june

I think July always manages to suck somehow, despite the fact that everyone thinks its going to be hot.

Anybody miss the sun?

It's gone on hols

• Advertisement

yeah that's true alright.

I have to have a draft of my 1st chapter of my final year project in on aug 10th. nothing at all done. At least if it was sunny I'd have an excuse. It's not as if im not in the library most days - i am ... i just spend it on boards :pac:

Advertisement