Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

ULstudent wrote: »
    Drinking strawberry soymilk as we speak. It's nice. Curious to know what it would taste like with porridge ...

erm.......strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

ULstudent wrote: »
    Drinking strawberry soymilk as we speak. It's nice. Curious to know what it would taste like with porridge ...

Strawberry porridge... Puke!

Just finished watching the TdF... All over for another year!! Some finish by Cavendish

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Hey Foxx92, United are in Bray tomorrow night, myself and my on will be there showing off our maroon attire - Go United, we need to change our current run of form.

Was up in Bray myself, it was some finish to the game, was more than likely Jayos last match so it was a good send-off for him. We're doing well this season under Fozzie considering his budget and our shocking attendances. Do you often watch United when they're in and around Wickow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Was up in Bray myself, it was some finish to the game, was more than likely Jayos last match so it was a good send-off for him. We're doing well this season under Fozzie considering his budget and our shocking attendances. Do you often watch United when they're in and around Wickow?
    Nice finish alright (same as last year :D), always make the Bray games and some of the ones around Dublin and try and make it to Terryland once a year, hoping to be there fr the Bray one in Oct. Here's my kids in the Bray stand - after Galway equalized :D.
    3761274745_03ac32e92b_m.jpg

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Nice finish alright (same as last year :D), always make the Bray games and some of the ones around Dublin and try and make it to Terryland once a year, hoping to be there fr the Bray one in Oct. Here's my kids in the Bray stand - after Galway equalized :D.

Hope they enjoyed the game, I know I did. It's nice to see people from around Dublin going to see Utd. on away matches in and around dublin, they usually make up half of the away section:).

• Advertisement

Why are some coffee jars deeper than the length of a coffee spoon :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What's a coffee spoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

+1

do you mean a teaspoon? cos if so i have felt your pain ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Hope they enjoyed the game, I know I did. It's nice to see people from around Dublin going to see Utd. on away matches in and around dublin, they usually make up half of the away section:).

Bray are really in the mire now that we took Paddy Kavanagh from them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

What's a coffee spoon?

:confused: the thing thats screwed onto the top of the coffee jar that you use to measure out your coffee?

• Advertisement

What's a coffee spoon?

LOL - it was a knee jerk reaction to trying to balance the spoon between 2 fingers while tilting the jar at 45 degrees :P

Well I never - you learn something new everyday!

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Teaspoon

"Much less common is the coffee spoon, which is a smaller version of the teaspoon."

Bray are really in the mire now that we took Paddy Kavanagh from them. :)
    I'm not going to complain if one of our relegation rivals loses their best player!;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Whilst you guys were all tucked up cozy in your beds, I was up on a mountain getting blown around in a snow storm, barely able to see or make myself heard and trying to teach a lesson for my skiing exam and not throw up my breakfast over the examiner due to nerves.

Now I'm about to head off to some posh hotel in Queenstown for the results to be handed out and see how I actually did over this last week. That will then be followed by 120'ish, hopefully newly qualified ski and board instructors, then going and drinking far too much around various bars in town and almost certainly result in even more throwing up. :eek: :o

The only thing I am certain of is that I will have a very sore head tomorrow. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭jlang

robinph wrote: »
    Whilst you guys were all tucked up cozy in your beds, I was up on a mountain getting blown around in a snow storm, barely able to see or make myself heard and trying to teach a lesson for my skiing exam and not throw up my breakfast over the examiner due to nerves.

Now I'm about to head off to some posh hotel in Queenstown for the results to be handed out and see how I actually did over this last week. That will then be followed by 120'ish, hopefully newly qualified ski and board instructors, then going and drinking far too much around various bars in town and almost certainly result in even more throwing up. :eek: :o

The only thing I am certain of is that I will have a very sore head tomorrow. :cool:
    But Robin, while you were tucked up cozy in your bed, some of us were up on a mountainside getting soaked through by a rain storm, eaten to bits by midges and running the fastest race of the season so far. No throwing up. Then back to the pub for the prize giving which involved sticking your hands pot-luck-style in an old man's pockets (and I mean that in the best possible way - he's a very nice man and dapope can vouch to the presence of goodies in the pockets). Still no throwing up.

Hope you passed and enjoyed your night.

2 more sleeps before I head to Alton Towers :D:D:D:D
    I'm a big child really :pac:

Long weekend on the horizon - T minus 4hrs and counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2 more sleeps before I head to Alton Towers :D:D:D:D
    I'm a big child really :pac:

I'm jealous! I want to go to Alton Towers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Two days till Metallica and AIC :)

I went to Alton Towers there about 3 years ago- best craic ever!
    Although it was a fairly pointless excercise for me given my crippling fear of heights...

Question: Is it wrong to buy shoes for an outfit you haven't bought yet?? I do this all the time but nice to get some others views on the matter :P

• Advertisement

Well if they are really awesome shoes you could build an outfit around them...

Well if they are really awesome shoes you could build an outfit around them...

See thats my point but nobody else ever seems to agree with it!

**goes off to find shoes that I don't need/can't really afford/don't own anything that matches**

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I passed.

I am also now getting very drunk. :D

I passed.

Fan dabby dosy - enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I passed.

Congrats :D

I passed.

Congrats! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I passed.

Well done. Now put that pint down and go out for a swift 10 miler:D

I passed.

Fair dues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

I passed.

congrats,

enjoy the beer but remember to know one that's one too many and then order a double :D

• Advertisement

Congrats Robinph

Only 1 more sleep to alton towers woo hoo!!!!! i'm so excited. And it's working out to be a really really cheap weekend.
    I didn't have to pay for flights. Car hire is working out at €20 each, Alton Towers 2 day ticket was €40 each and Hotel is €35 each - €95 per person for the whole weekend :):):):)

Advertisement