Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Only 2.5 hours of working time and then it's a week of relaxing and running :) The countdown has begun, although it seems to be going really slowly at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This whole "No running this weekend" thing is confusing me greatly. :(

Ah well, Geeknic on Sunday and I'm planning to bake stuff tomorrow to bring to it. I saw a recipe for Jagerbomb cupcakes that I'd like to try and bake, but I'll be doing my usual cookies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Pay day after a 5 week month - Woo Hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

:mad::mad::mad: Bike stolen. Not a good start to the weekend. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

figs wrote: »

Ah ffs!! If it's any consolation I had the same happen me late last year and it was an excuse to make use of the bike to work scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Harsh. :(

Long weekend and hopefully the first of 7 training sessions to be done tonight. Thats 3 runs and 4 gym sessions of some sort. Watch that get cut in half when I find excuses not to do some of them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

jeffontour wrote: »
    Ah ffs!! If it's any consolation I had the same happen me late last year and it was an excuse to make use of the bike to work scheme.

Wouldn't mind a new one. Unfortunately my workplace isn't part-taking in the B2W scheme...yet! I might be leading a campaign for the next few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Boo to swine flu! My sister had a baby girl in Cork last night but I cant go visit her cos maternity is closed to visitors. A good idea to protect those mommies and moms to be but I have no patience. I cant wait to see them!!!

Tough luck, hopefully they get what they deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Bally8 wrote: »
    Boo to swine flu! My sister had a baby girl in Cork last night but I cant go visit her cos maternity is closed to visitors. A good idea to protect those mommies and moms to be but I have no patience. I cant wait to see them!!!

My wife is pregnant and with all the swine flu hype is refusing to go to Berlin with me in September.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

on the subject of swine flu, load up on uniflu,lemsip ,calpol and all the other drugs as theyll be scarce come sept/oct.....u heard here first

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

ultraman1 wrote: »
    on the subject of swine flu, load up on uniflu,lemsip ,calpol and all the other drugs as theyll be scarce come sept/oct.....u heard here first

Swine flu: Eeek!
    My sis, her husband and my 2 nephews are currently holed up in their house in London with it. Youngest fella is on that Tamiflu stuff- nasty business!

Bally8 wrote: »

My little sis just had a baby boy in the last hour, will need to check if I can get in to see her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

ooh good thinking Batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Something a bit more fun the the Flu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Saw that the other day... there's something that seems a bit weird about beginning a wedding to a song that's by someone who beat his girlfriend unconscious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Soooo...which drugs company do you work for? :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

DId a 23 minute "run" today near Queenstown. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10264282

Don't think I can get away with adding those miles to the 1000 mile thread though, but it was three miles up followed by three more straight back down again.

3777014493_7cb9acbf28.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Altitude training?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

JKF wrote: »
    Swine flu: Eeek!
    My sis, her husband and my 2 nephews are currently holed up in their house in London with it. Youngest fella is on that Tamiflu stuff- nasty business!

:( Not nice.

Exciuse my ignorance, what's the story so with it? Is it a case of having a week long, fully blown flu with very high temps?

• Advertisement

Rineanna wrote: »
    :( Not nice.

Exciuse my ignorance, what's the story so with it? Is it a case of having a week long, fully blown flu with very high temps?

More or less!

They all have a mixture of the following symptoms: chesty cough, high temperature, vomiting, migraine, aching muscles, etc, etc The usual except a bit more extreme.
    My sis has described it as 'imagine the worse flu, chest infection and vomiting bug you've ever had in your life, add them together and them multiply by ten!'
    Youngest fella isn't 3 til September and he has pretty much everything on the list and some more! He has bad asthma too so he falls into 2 of the 'high risk'(under 5, over 60s, pregnant woman, those with respiratory problems) categories which is why hes been given the Tamiflu and the rest haven't.

Sorry bit of a ramble there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

JKF wrote: »
    More or less!

They all have a mixture of the following symptoms: chesty cough, high temperature, vomiting, migraine, aching muscles, etc, etc The usual except a bit more extreme.
    My sis has described it as 'imagine the worse flu, chest infection and vomiting bug you've ever had in your life, add them together and them multiply by ten!'
    Youngest fella isn't 3 til September and he has pretty much everything on the list and some more! He has bad asthma too so he falls into 2 of the 'high risk'(under 5, over 60s, pregnant woman, those with respiratory problems) categories which is why hes been given the Tamiflu and the rest haven't.

Sorry bit of a ramble there :p

Thanks for that. With all the grim reapers around the place ballooning up the swine flu, it's hard to figure out what the actual story is. Hope it clears up soon for them all.

Well they're starting to improve now... Should be 'released' on Monday :D

I'm back for the evening now: My mother and sister(other sister not the oink oink infected one!) brought me wedding dress shopping there. Two words:

Never. Again :mad:

I'm going on my own in future

I want to sleep but bloody fat boy slim is keeping me awake. I'm about 2 miles from marley but the noise is like its next door.:mad:

Down with that sort of thing... the thought of being kept up late by Fatboy Slim is just headwrecking.

Down with that sort of thing... the thought of being kept up late by Fatboy Slim is just headwrecking.

Agreed.. Although I am listening to the strains of my significant other singing the songs from Nob Nation

Voice of an angel ;)

(not really- its doing in my proverbial nut)

And I was looking forward to Metallica last night but heard nothing. Wind in the wrong direction:( Last year was great, heard the whole set clearly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

gerard65 wrote: »
    I want to sleep but bloody fat boy slim is keeping me awake. I'm about 2 miles from marley but the noise is like its next door.:mad:

Driving me and herself nuts, its just bad noise :mad:

It must be very bad for you, considering its very clear here, and your half way closer. Do us a favour and ask them to turn it down:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

Could be worse,we were treated to the horror of overhearing the Enrique Iglesias gig one night a year or two ago (playing in the Phoenix Park)...and am not looking forward to having to listen to Coldplay in September :rolleyes:

But on the plus side could clearly hear Pixies when they supported the Chili Peppers and also Arcade Fire...

Advertisement