Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Lemon wrote: »
    Could be worse,we were treated to the horror of overhearing the Enrique Iglesias gig one night a year or two ago

Jaypers... I'll be thankful I live in the shticks so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

10mins to throw-in in Croke Park. I'm more nervous at the moment than I get before a race. Come on the DUBS.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just noticed Tingles name is no longer down as being a mod. Anyone know what the story is, I thought he was doing an excellent job. No doubts Rineanna will be a worthy replacement if thats the case. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

gerard65 wrote: »
    10mins to throw-in in Croke Park. I'm more nervous at the moment than I get before a race. Come on the DUBS.:D

First half almost over, and this time it's not the fans who haven't shown up on time! Dissssaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This is what I think of the Dubs right now...

double-facepalm.jpg

*cry*

• Advertisement

figs wrote: »
    First half almost over, and this time it's not the fans who haven't shown up on time! Dissssaster!!

This is awful. Can't believe what I'm seeing.

The panel on rte are gloating. They don't half talk sh1t.

The panel on rte are gloating. They don't half talk sh1t.

Fcuking culchies. :mad:

Ah well, the homemade ice cream I was making during the first half will help soothe the pain.

This is worse that runners nipple, cramps, blisters
    GOAL!!!!!!!:D:D

The comeback starts now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Oh my God, this match is killing me. OH and 2 kids gone to the match, no doubt there'll be tears on the way home:( And to top a perfect (yeah right) bank holiday, discovered mouse poo in the front room so spent the morning disinfecting the house. Btw, could Joe Brolly BE any smugger - the man is a pain in the a$$

• Advertisement

The Dubs are only playing with them. Any minute now. A few quick goals on the way.
    I think kerry must be ronaldo fans - the amount of diving going on.

Sh1t sh1t sh1t. I'm going out for a long walk, I may not be back.
    Never let todays events be ever spoken about again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Woddle wrote: »
    Just noticed Tingles name is no longer down as being a mod. Anyone know what the story is, I thought he was doing an excellent job. No doubts Rineanna will be a worthy replacement if thats the case. :confused:

Oh, right :confused: I know he often considered himself somewhat restricted by his role as a mod. Hopefully he'll still be around to pitch in with his informed, intelligent and sometimes offbeat posts.

Congrats on your promotion Rineanna!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

dont worry mayo will haly the gloating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sh1t sh1t sh1t. I'm going out for a long walk, I may not be back.
    Never let todays events be ever spoken about again.

You then return to the news that we're selling Fabian Delph. :(

You then return to the news that we're selling Fabian Delph. :(

Ye, its been on the cards. Can't get the exact fee but 7-8m has been mentioned, hopefully it'll be invested in some good players and not go into bates's back pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

7m will go a long way if its invested in players.

I'm still sick about yesterday. What a waste of time and money going to that. I wouldn't mind but I bought a package that includes tickets for the semi's. I had a feeling (like the rest of the country it seems) that Dublin might sneak it yesterday. How wrong. Looking forward to Cork V Tyrone though.

Anyone else dying today?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Anyone else dying today?

I'm dying of back to work syndrome. Unfortunately no hangover though, that would at least mean I had some scoopage over the weekend. I restricted myself to a few cans of Guinness Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Dubs yesterday *snigger*

Sorry lads... Couldn't resist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

JKF wrote: »
    Dubs yesterday *snigger*

Sorry lads... Couldn't resist!!

Ah well there's always next year :rolleyes:

I remember looking at stats a while back and aprt from the 70s and parts of the 80s Dublin have never won the All Ireland with any regularity. I think it was an average of one every 10 years or so. It's a bit longer now obviously.

I was down in Kerry the weekend and the cute 'hoors were writing themselves off no end. I was having none of it and in hindsight I may have convinced the county they were unbeatable which based on yesterdays performance they are.

By the way I'd love to hit that Joe Brolly prat a dig, did you see his hissy fit when Spillane cut across him yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

By the way I'd love to hit that Joe Brolly prat a dig, did you see his hissy fit when Spillane cut across him yesterday.

I wasn't watching. However, that bloke is a prat. He supports violence in sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

However, that bloke is a prat. He supports violence in sport.

He won't might a dig then so :D

7m will go a long way if its invested in players.

It's Ken Bates, it won't be invested in players. We owe Bradford 12% of the transfer fee. Best case scenario we buy back the training ground, but that won't happen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

You think you Leeds fans are after getting bad news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/mobile/bbc_sport/football/top_stories/818/81844/story8184444.shtml?

It's a sad sad day, thanks xabi, can't blame you when rafa tried to offload you for journey man Barry, all hopes of a title next year leave with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Jayo heading to Birmingham hope we got a good price for him.

World's smallest violin, playing the world's saddest song...

Anyone freaked out by that body found in the park? I run in that location, regularly, on my own...with no phone or contact details etc on me. :eek:

I'm about to go out there now, think I might bring my phone this time. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Anyone freaked out by that body found in the park? I run in that location, regularly, on my own...with no phone or contact details etc on me. :eek:

I'm about to go out there now, think I might bring my phone this time. :(

Pretty horrible alright. On the news they said the body could have been there for 3 days. In fairness, its probably the safest place to train at the moment...lots of guards around I'd imagine. On the way there myself....I'll give ya a wave if we pass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Anyone freaked out by that body found in the park? I run in that location, regularly, on my own...with no phone or contact details etc on me. eek.gif

I'm about to go out there now, think I might bring my phone this time. frown.gif
    Yep, fairly heavy stuff alright. I always have my phone with me - it has my music on it, but that's it. The nearest park to me is Fairview park and that's dodgy at the best of times - I won't run in it on my own cos I'm a wuss. It's concrete footpaths for me!

• Advertisement

The murdering counts ruined(and shortened) my route, had to cut through a car park and footy pitches to get home. :rolleyes:

Advertisement