Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭beamgirl

i passed the guards there yesterday evening but didnt realise what it was until heard news on way into work today...has me a bit nervous now especially when it will be getting darker soon, not too sure how confident i'll be running in the park during the winter months - most of my training done after work so will be dark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

So on a lighter note i ate 200gms of dried aprocits this morning ... result:NOT GOOD!

Farted for about 4 hours straight and i was in a library :)

then off to the bog several times ... nice and empty now but still farting farting farting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Serious question for this thread: Is it worthwhile doing a masters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

In farting?

Sorry. To give my opinion on your question......if out of work then yes, definitely. Even if you where working its a good idea. You'll work until your 70 so I'm sure it'll be of use. What are you thinking of doing it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Computer Science, I have a 2:1 honours degree already. I'm out of work at the moment, and I have an offer from UCD. I had a job interview today, but I really don't think I'm going to get that job.

• Advertisement

Do you really enjoy that line of work/study? If so, I'd go for it anyway. Wouldn't mind a few years back in college myself............damn mortgage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sure, why not. Anything beats working and having to put up with childish assholes all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

It seems like a good option for you at the moment... What area of Comp Sci are you looking at studying? As somebody who works in the industry (and who studied in the Comp Sci dept in TCD, although not a Comp Sci degree) it certainly won't do you any harm... If you wanna meet up and chat about it after the 10 miler and chat about it send me a PM...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well, I'm off to Leeds for the day to watch us battle against the mighty Exeter City. Have a nice day kids. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Well, I'm off to Leeds for the day to watch us battle against the mighty Exeter City. Have a nice day kids. :D

...how the mighty have fallen!!!

Off to Croker tomorrow to see Mayo humilate Meath....(I hope!!:P) Time to get revenge for '96.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

geld wrote: »
    Off to Croker tomorrow to see Mayo humilate Meath....(I hope!!:P) Time to get revenge for '96.;)

Sometimes I wish there was a 'like/dislike' function on these boards, something like what facebook has...
    This comment would fall into the latter category

It was 13 years ago... Get over it :P

(Its very likely we're going to have the balls kicked out of us but still.. I remain faithful to the Royal county! Even though we're crap :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday - Twiggy has done it again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

Boo Hard Worker, Boo! Wish we had someone clinical like Twigg. Ye brought a great crowd up. How that free kick didn't go in for us Drogs, I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

JKF wrote: »
    (Its very likely we're going to have the balls kicked out of us but still.. I remain faithful to the Royal county! Even though we're crap :D)

I have to say Well done to Meath today. No complaints from this Mayo man. Beaten by a better team. Our "revenge" :o will have to wait another day. Best of luck against Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I hate Monday mornings :( and I hate being sick :(:( sob sob.
    Haven't slept properly in about a week with this bloody chest infecting thingy!!!!! Damn you Alton Towers and your crappy weather!!!!!!!

Actually I take that last bit back.... it was soooooooo worth it! :D:D:D

Just wondering. Are there any Beatles fans here on A/R/T? I love em. Just listening to Revolver here. Great album.

Whats your favourite album? Mine is probably Abbey Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Yeah (yeah, yeah ;) ) I'm a Beatles fan. My Dad has a load of thier LPs from the 60's that I used to play when I was in school. I remember trying to persuade my mates how good they were - we'd play table football in the sitting room while I played Sgt Pepper... Happy days! Not that my mates were particularly musically sophisticated - I was playing Jimi Hendrix one day when a friend turned round and said "Wait a minute - whoever that is stole that tune from Huey Lewis and the News!"

In other news I am now back from 3 days celebrating Mrs A's birthday in Prague. If you haven't been then go - it's a great city. We stayed in a tiny hotel and booked teh "Romantic Escape" package. Without a shadow of a doubt the single best hotel experience I have ever had, the standard of service puts Irish hospitality firmly in it's place. With the inflated prices we charge and teh grumpy service it's a miracle we ever get any tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Spent a weekend there with the OH a few years back and loved it. Cheap food, beer, and great public transport.

Going O/T, did anyone see "Man on Wire" last week (or the week before?) on TV, about the guy who walked a tightrope between the twin towers in NYC while they were still under construction. Talk about chasing your dreams! His description of the first step out onto the wire put my starting-line nerves into perspective...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

aero2k wrote: »

Going O/T, did anyone see "Man on Wire" last week (or the week before?) on TV, about the guy who walked a tightrope between the twin towers in NYC while they were still under construction. Talk about chasing your dreams! His description of the first step out onto the wire put my starting-line nerves into perspective...

yeah , that was unreal. the guys spent about 40minutes on the wire . he even lay down at one stage. he had no safety ropes right? just the long balancing stick he was holding.
    mad ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

Computer Science, I have a 2:1 honours degree already. I'm out of work at the moment, and I have an offer from UCD. I had a job interview today, but I really don't think I'm going to get that job.
    I'd recommend it, especially in the present climate. I did Comp. Eng. followed by a masters (back in the 80's - Jaysus :o). I did it by research and luckily it was in an area that was quite hot at the time. I'm not sure how it works nowadays, but my preference would be a masters by research over one that is taught, but be careful about picking a topic a) that you like, and b) will lead somewhere at the end of it.

• Advertisement

I was playing Jimi Hendrix one day when a friend turned round and said "Wait a minute - whoever that is stole that tune from Huey Lewis and the News!"

Reminds me of a time when my sister argued that 'wish you were here' was an Aslan song.

That 'man on wire' movie is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭plodder

That 'man on wire' movie is excellent.
    I heard it's fantastic. Can you get it on DVD, or has it been shown on TV? (duh. I see it was on TV now)

plodder wrote: »
    I heard it's fantastic. Can you get it on DVD, or has it been shown on TV? (duh. I see it was on TV now)

I have it on the laptop but you can get it on DVD alright: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6660430/Man-On-Wire/Product.html

Good price there on play.com for £5 free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

back from China a week now. Trip of a lifetime it has to be said. Saw and learned so much. Back to reality now and hopefully less than 2 months until I submit this Ph frikkin D!

On class albums at the mo I cant stop listening to florence and the machine! Her debut album is just out, called lungs. Absolutely brilliant. for a taster check out on youtube a song she has called cosmic love.

Not logging on here half as much these days - the guilt of a lot less running due to aforementioned committments doesn't sit well with me :(

What do you call a drunk Irishman who breaks up fights?

Liam Malone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Liam Malone

or gerry adams bodyguard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Liam Malone

Took a couple of seconds, good one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

10 minutes to the weekend... Why is the week back after a week off always so long?!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Summer hols are like one really long weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I'd hate to be an Everton fan tonight:eek:

Advertisement