Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

i'd hate to be a merseyside supporter . full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

i'd hate to be a merseyside supporter . full stop.

+1

Though I can't talk really, it's a toss-up between Man U and Bohs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Soccer bore's me to tears.... rugby all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I hate being a Liverpool supporter, it's gonna be a very frustrating season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I hate being a Liverpool supporter, it's gonna be a very frustrating season

I think you's will have a bad start and then hopefully the board will sack that muppet Raffo. I'm a spurs man so quite happy to watch the Liverpool antics but man I hate Bennitez, I would love to see him gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Woddle wrote: »
    I think you's will have a bad start and then hopefully the board will sack that muppet Raffo. I'm a spurs man so quite happy to watch the Liverpool antics but man I hate Bennitez, I would love to see him gone

Spurs huh! Wouldn't have guessed that from your goading in another thread. I think you may be right though, a few more displays like that and the Spanish waiter could be sent packing, probably at the expense of some of the Spanish players aswell namely torres, Reina and riera.

I think we are in serious trouble now. You may not have noticed but I am a big fan of xabi Alonso (apologies for spelling your name wrong backwards xabi), he was the one that held it all together, he made gerrard, kuyt and benayoun look better than they are with quick thinking, passing and a forward playing mentality.

But the spanish waiter lost him with all the talk of money man garreth Barry, and who does he replace him with, a f@&$ing injured unproven aquilani, out until September, only played a handful of games for Roma last season. It's crazy stuff. I think I want him gone at this stage. Well be lucky to finish in the top 4.

Had we held on to Alonso maybe we would challenge again, but we are gone backwards and have no strength in depth, my money is on chelski.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Rafa is a headwrecker, God bless him. Both my OH and son are Liverpool fans so our house is often a vale of tears. Did anyone hear Jamie Redknapp yesterday saying "the manager just needs a chance" about Harry (his da!) Redknapp?!:D "Pleeeeeze leave me da alone, stop pickin on 'im, pleeeeeze":D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Went to that CSI thing in the ambassador today, what a waste of 18 euro. Good idea in theory but way too easy for adults...and 18 euro for something you're more or less kicked out of after 45 minutes is really steep.

After a good weekends training I treated myself to an Eddie Rockets...chicken filler burger, chippies and a chocolate malt, I used to be able to down that with ease...could barely eat half of it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

His cheerleaders in this one are nothing compared to Cork though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It did make giving our demo teaching sessions a bit tricky though, especially for the tellytubby who kept on having kids coming over and wanting to see what was going on better when we were in the middle of a lesson. He was sat on a chair lift with a kid at one point, who at the end of the lift turned to him and said "Your not a TellyTubby, your a real person!" and seemd quite upset about being fooled. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Did anybody see Hessian, Gillick, O'Rourke etc at half time in Croke Park during the Cork Tyrone game? I'm not sure if it was on TV.

There was some kind of charity/celebration sprint event. Four teams of, I think, 4 and they had to sprint about 100m of the pitch.

I know he is fast but to see Hessian run a straight line away from a track like that was unreal. In croke park as a neutral yesterday and that was my highlight. I'm glad they put that on.

Olive Loughnane was there too but didn't take part in the sprint of course. That would be have been funny looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Did anybody see Hessian, Gillick, O'Rourke etc at half time in Croke Park during the Cork Tyrone game? I'm not sure if it was on TV.

There was some kind of charity/celebration sprint event. Four teams of, I think, 4 and they had to sprint about 100m of the pitch.

I know he is fast but to see Hessian run a straight line away from a track like that was unreal. In croke park as a neutral yesterday and that was my highlight. I'm glad they put that on.

Olive Loughnane was there too but didn't take part in the sprint of course. That would be have been funny looking.

Theres a thread about it on the main page... Didn't see any of it myself although I'm sure it was fun to watch!

Meanwhile... Greetings from Cape Town!! Arrived last night to discover that the weather is set to be fairly overcast for the next week :rolleyes:
    Did get in a nice wee run this morning though :)

Well Peeps - How goes everyone???

Just wanted to invite everyone out on Saturday night in Limerick to celebrate me being a year older :D:D:D

Think the plan is to hit Clohessy's for around 9pm ish and then take it from there..... Would be great to meet up with some fellow boardsie's if ye're around ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Well Peeps - How goes everyone???

Just wanted to invite everyone out on Saturday night in Limerick to celebrate me being a year older :D:D:D

Think the plan is to hit Clohessy's for around 9pm ish and then take it from there..... Would be great to meet up with some fellow boardsie's if ye're around ;)

Happy birthday MG - have a good time, though Saturday night in Limerick is both impractical for me, and a bit scary :eek:

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Happy birthday MG - have a good time, though Saturday night in Limerick is both impractical for me, and a bit scary :eek:

Not my fave place to be either but I'm heading to Poland in 3 weeks so I'm saving my pennies to go mad over there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

21 again? happy bday. on sat night i'll be 12 hours away from longford marathon so .............;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Yikes Im back to work next tuesday after 8 weeks summer holidays!! I dont wanna go...............

21 again? happy bday. on sat night i'll be 12 hours away from longford marathon so .............;)

Celebrating the anniversary of my 21st. Wont say which one though ha ha

Bally8 wrote: »
    Yikes Im back to work next tuesday after 8 weeks summer holidays!! I dont wanna go...............

God I'm usually depressed enough after 2 weeks hols..... Can't imagine what it would be like after 8 weeks :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

ae a great birthday munster gal and bally8 god love ya going back after that length of time!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Had my first driving lesson today. Oh dear. :eek: If you see a driving school car while you're running in the phoenix park at any point in the future, it could be me, steer clear. :pac:

My dad was robbed in his taxi today. Took the envelope he keeps small notes in for change out of his pocket to give some guy his change, guy asked for a receipt and while dad was leaning over to get the reciept the bloke grabs the envelope and runs. Not only did he do that, but dad left him right outside a Garda station. These people have some nerve to do things like this anywhere let alone right outside a Garda station. :mad: Not a good world where people have no fear of the people who are supposed to be protecting us. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Had my first driving lesson today. Oh dear. :eek: If you see a driving school car while you're running in the phoenix park at any point in the future, it could be me, steer clear. :pac:

My dad was robbed in his taxi today. Took the envelope he keeps small notes in for change out of his pocket to give some guy his change, guy asked for a receipt and while dad was leaning over to get the reciept the bloke grabs the envelope and runs. Not only did he do that, but dad left him right outside a Garda station. These people have some nerve to do things like this anywhere let alone right outside a Garda station. :mad: Not a good world where people have no fear of the people who are supposed to be protecting us. :(

Hate to hear that:( And if he was caught a bleeding heart 'social worker' would stand up in court and start about broken homes etc etc. Hope your dad isn't too shook up. Tough times for cabbies.

gerard65 wrote: »
    Hate to hear that:( And if he was caught a bleeding heart 'social worker' would stand up in court and start about broken homes etc etc. Hope your dad isn't too shook up. Tough times for cabbies.

Well I gave a taxi a bit of business today, I made it as far as the gate of the phoenix park, didn't feel to well so started to head home, then I realised why I was not feeling too well, I needed a toilet, I hailed down a taxi and 16'60 cents later I was home :rolleyes: had to raid the milk jar to pay her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Well I gave a taxi a bit of business today, I made it as far as the gate of the phoenix park, didn't feel to well so started to head home, then I realised why I was not feeling too well, I needed a toilet, I hailed down a taxi and 16'60 cents later I was home :rolleyes: had to raid the milk jar to pay her.

And what were we talking about the other day in the street?. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Normally i get a good gym workout going at 8am on a sat morning. woke up this morning and said **** it! so now im gonna force myself to go out and do tomorrows LSR today. ugh.

gerard65 wrote: »
    And what were we talking about the other day in the street?. Weird.

It probably only happened because you said it, my brain works in mysterious ways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Thanks for the warning!
    As you get the hang of driving, I can recommend a book called "Mind Driving" by Stephen Haley. Many people think of driving as a physical skill, i.e. making the car move and stop by the actions of your feet and hands, however most people neglect the part played by the brain - that's the bit that'll keep you and others alive. Best of luck!
    Sorry to hear about your dad. Scumbags like that should be strung up, no questions asked, along with whoever tried to knock you off your bike. Wait, this is AH, isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

There are some nasty, nasty people in this world :mad: We're over visiting the OH's family at the minute and his sister was mugged the day before we arrived almost right outside her front door and in broad daylight too.

Horrible :mad: Hope your dad is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Hey everyone,
    I am looking for the password to join the fantasy football league that
    BAC / Boards A/R/T have on premierleague.com.Woddle...anyone help out...
    I see woddles unbeatables/untouchables are struggling at the minute

Advertisement