Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'm officially old! Friday knok-off time and my first thought is "great I can have an early night"..... How did that sensible attitude creep up on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I'm officially old! Friday knok-off time and my first thought is "great I can have an early night"..... How did that sensible attitude creep up on me.

What about the late late? I wouldn't miss that for a pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

I have a child and 9pm sleeping is bliss :) ......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Galway 3 Derry 1 - eat my shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

What about the late late? I wouldn't miss that for a pension.

flickin between Jonathan Ross and late late, my goodness Alisha dixon is deadly. Late late is brutal so boring and a bit depressing, Vince Vaughan on both. Give me Jonathan Ross any day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

John & Edward ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm waiting for some code to compile and run for a college assignment. It's almost 11pm on a Saturday evening. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I'm trying to write some of my discussion section of my thesis. Could life get anymore exciting??!!

Have a look at this for a laugh.

Just reading some of the comments about this on you tube. I actually thought it wasn't real. What do you think? People are going mad about how its not funny but inspirational. The pessimist in me says its fake. If its real, its inspirational. Either way I think its funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Have a look at this for a laugh.

Just reading some of the comments about this on you tube. I actually thought it wasn't real. What do you think? People are going mad about how its not funny but inspirational. The pessimist in me says its fake. If its real, its inspirational. Either way I think its funny.

Not fake. I think it's appalling. Also known as "The Crawl". Sian Welch and Wendy Ingraham. Both ran out of fuel. Incredible that they pushed themselves that far. Bad fuelling strategy.

Another youtube video with a bit of commentary...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTn1v5TGK_w

I don't really put a lot of store in youtube commenters. Not known for being the most rational people.

(Ironman 1997 by the way).

• Advertisement

:eek: wow thats something else. Yes, youtube comments are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/new_york_marathon_winner_tests

Think this is about as far off topic as it can get:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

macinalli wrote: »
    http://www.theonion.com/content/news/new_york_marathon_winner_tests

Think this is about as far off topic as it can get:rolleyes:
    Hmm.. I wonder can I get me some of that performance enhancing H before the Connemarathon. I think I've found a local dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

okay this is pure off topic.. I got an invite to that googlewave thing - not convinced about it but wasn't doing much - I added a public wave for Boards.ie Athletics/Running/Triathlon if anyone wants to post there. See what it's about anyhow. To find the wave search for
    with:public Boards.ie Athletics
    from gwave. You'll need a gwave account and I don't have any invites.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just waved at mrak there.

Don't have any invites to dish out myself yet either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Hmm.. I wonder can I get me some of that performance enhancing H before the Connemarathon. I think I've found a local dealer.

Impressive, one of them even has go-faster stripes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Trying to play youtube vids - 'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player'
    I've downloaded the latest version of Flash, does anyone know how to turn on 'JavaScript'.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

gerard65 wrote: »
    Trying to play youtube vids - 'Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player'
    I've downloaded the latest version of Flash, does anyone know how to turn on 'JavaScript'.

for internet explorer its something like:
    1.Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
    2.Click the Security tab.
    3.Click Custom level… in Security level for this zone.
    4.Scroll down to Scripting, near the bottom of the list.
    5.Under Active scripting, choose Enable.
    6.Click OK to leave Security Settings. Click OK to leave Internet Options.

For other browsers its a variation of the above.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

For Internet Explorer it's something like:

1. Enter one of the following addresses into the URL bar along the top:
    http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/
    http://www.google.com/chrome
    http://www.opera.com/browser/

2. Click the download button.
    3. Install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Security settings are OK. Downloaded chrome, still getting the same message.

• Advertisement

Got my suit for my graduation today, looking for shoes now. I want heels, but not sure what I can get away with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Got my suit for my graduation today, looking for shoes now. I want heels, but not sure what I can get away with...

To remain a legend it has to be your runners RK - send us pics :)

RoyMcC wrote: »
    To remain a legend it has to be your runners RK - send us pics :)

Well you can pretty much guarantee that the runners will be in my handbag anyway, there's only so long I can wear heels for! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Booking flights to the Lebanon. So excited. Bit of a last minute trip with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

This is going to sound really paltry in comparison to some of the others hanging around here but I finally made it to the 5 mile mark today!

I'm normally wheezing like theres no tomorrow after about 4... So yay!

And I ordered my wedding dress today so good day all round :)
    Apart from the assignment I have due for Monday which I still need to start...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There are 1000 Ireland -v- France tickets going on sale tomorrow, who wants to go into town and get me one and accompany me to the game. All my friends are either rugby fans or don't want to be out in the cold. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

There are 1000 Ireland -v- France tickets going on sale tomorrow, who wants to go into town and get me one and accompany me to the game. All my friends are either rugby fans or don't want to be out in the cold. :rolleyes:

where and when do they go on sale?

12pm ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I was there at 12, not a sniff of a ticket available :mad:

• Advertisement

Advertisement