Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

He's really, really bitter. However, as much as I dislike him he makes some good points and says the same things I've been saying since Wednesday night. End of the day over the two legs we had all the chances and we didn't take them. The better team doesn't always win in football sadly, but thats part of what makes the game so great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

He's really, really bitter. However, as much as I dislike him he makes some good points and says the same things I've been saying since Wednesday night. End of the day over the two legs we had all the chances and we didn't take them. The better team doesn't always win in football sadly, but thats part of what makes the game so great.

C'mon how could you not like Roy Keane? That phone stuff was comic genius, they'll be replaying(;)) that for years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

tunguska wrote: »
    C'mon how could you not like Roy Keane?

Eh, thats easy.:D
    But have to admit I laughed out loud on the bus yesterday when I heard this on the radio.
    Although he's telling everyone 'to get over it' and what does he bring up??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

gerard65 wrote: »
    Although he's telling everyone 'to get over it' and what does he bring up??:rolleyes:

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

gerard65 wrote: »
    Eh, thats easy.:D
    But have to admit I laughed out loud on the bus yesterday when I heard this on the radio.

That's what I was thinking, how can you tell everyone to get over it and then harp on about the past again. Jaysus Roy GET OVER IT!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭aero2k

Blueskye wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking, how can you tell everyone to get over it and then harp on about the past again. Jaysus Roy GET OVER IT!!! :D
    Yeah, he should get over it. He's right about Delaney though. Remember how he manouvered Stan into the manager's job, then claimed the appointment had been nothing to do with him after it turned into a farce?
    The man hasn't a shred of integrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

I see that John & Edward are members of Dundrum Athletic Club. Strange choice seeing as that they are from Lucan? :confused:

They took part in the IMRA Schools competition in March.

http://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/35540/

http://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/35538/

http://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/35539/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

if you think your relationship choices are bad i have the very film for you
    twilight 2 "new moon"
    saw it last night wouldnt be my cup of tea put if you want to see numerous topless men, smoldering kisses getting interupted by phonecalls and the gutwrenching grief of teenage lost love well get yourself to the cinema

didnt help that the 3 girls behind me nearly wet themselves whenever the male lead appeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

geld wrote: »
    I see that John & Edward are members of Dundrum Athletic Club.
    Who??!

Who??!

your fooling no one..we all know your perfect saturday is an "X factor" and "im a celebrity get me out of here" double bill

actually i think i have the very film for you:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Well I have a question for you...
    SUNGOD wrote: »
    twilight 2 "new moon"
    saw it last night

Why?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

twilight 2 "new moon"
    Twilight is for weird obese emo girls who dream of being bitten on the neck by a guy who looks like a foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I LOATHE twilight. I went to a midnight showing of it on study abroad in upstate new york last year. That film stole my innocence!

The Americans told us it was the rage. Well it was the ****tiest, most cringeworthy, horrible, gag me and throw me off a cliff top experiecne. Then at 2am, we had to walk in -12c weather back to out student accomadation.

DIE DIE DIE.

But - it won't die. It supposodly made around 140million its opening weekend.

Now it's time to pick off all the actors one by one to ensure death to twilight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What is it about anyway?

...weird obese emo girls who dream of being bitten on the neck...

*sigh* Once upon a time my target market. Happy, happy days...

Well not so much the obese part, but if they were able to cook and willing to mother me...and they were called goth back then but you get my drift...

robinph wrote: »
    What is it about anyway?

Some pasty white girl longing to be a pasty white vampire. That's it really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ULstudent wrote: »
    Some pasty white girl longing to be a pasty white vampire. That's it really.

Oh, don't think I'll bother then.

Just had a phone call from teh Fire Brigade (one of my clients) to let me know that the estate I live in is under a flood warning and they are handing out sandbags to residents...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

I read the books a while ago, my cousin told me they were like, omg, fabulous. Should point out my cousin is 19 and I'm... well I'm double her age... They were readable, in a weird candy floss-y way. But after I finished them, I had to read Cormac McCarthy and Margaret Atwood at double quick speed to try and bring my brain back to normal;) Otherwise, I would have been soooo, like, omg are you team Edward or Team Jacob, aaahhh! No way I could subject myself to the film after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Just had a phone call from teh Fire Brigade (one of my clients) to let me know that the estate I live in is under a flood warning and they are handing out sandbags to residents...
    Eeek, not good. In 2002, we lived near the Tolka river when it burst it's banks at Fairview. The houses behind us got flooded, we were okay but our insurance premiums shot up after that.. Good luck Amadeus, hope your house is okay.

• Advertisement

Well I have a question for you...

Why?!

its the latest ultrarunning training technique to take your mind off the pain your in during a race.
    its all about mental toughness and elevating your mind to be above the discomfort your senses are signally to your brain.

you just sit very still in a cinema surounded by screaming girls and watch 2 hours 7 minutes of "new moon"
    if this can be completed without nausea , headaches and you a deep resentment to all teenagers you my friend are indeed a person of great endurance

Hopefully it will be ok for ya A.

The health sciences building in UL looks like its gonna be in trouble. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Hope ye escape it --Amadeus--, fingers crossed.

twilight 2 "new moon"
    saw it last night wouldnt be my cup of tea put if you want to see numerous topless men, smoldering kisses getting interupted by phonecalls and the gutwrenching grief of teenage lost love well get yourself to the cinema

didnt help that the 3 girls behind me nearly wet themselves whenever the male lead appeared

Ugh...you've no excuses for agreeing to go and see that. None whatsoever.
    robinph wrote: »
    What is it about anyway?

I have no idea myself but judging by the people on my facebook page who waffle on about it in their status updates if must be pretty crappy, these are the people who's social lives revolve around x-factor time slots and who get excited about High School Musical.

Ugh...you've no excuses for agreeing to go and see that. None whatsoever.

who said i only agreed to go?
    it was my idea;)

I have no idea myself but judging by the people on my facebook page.

your on facebook thats so new moonish:D

who said i only agreed to go?
    it was my idea;)

What did you do that you had to make up for? :pac:
    your on facebook thats so new moonish:D

Burn. I feel so uncool. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I just heard this very second that I'm an uncle for the first time :D my sister had a healthy baby boy 9 lbs 2 ouch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Congrats Uncle Dave :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Congrats Uncle Dave :)

Thanks RoyMcC, the wife is mad jealous, she still has 7is weeks to go :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Woddle wrote: »
    I just heard this very second that I'm an uncle for the first time :D my sister had a healthy baby boy 9 lbs 2 ouch :D

Congrats! Found out over the weekend two of my mates are expecting.. I think the world is trying to send me subliminal messages :P

Advertisement