Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I found myself watching supernanny last night and thinking this childrearing lark might be fun... Congrats uncle Woddle.

I'm finally starting to feel somewhat normal after going straight from flu to a chest infection. I've slept or been drugged through most of November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Woddle wrote: »
    I just heard this very second that I'm an uncle for the first time :D my sister had a healthy baby boy 9 lbs 2 ouch :D

Congrats!
    I found myself watching supernanny last night and thinking this childrearing lark might be fun... Congrats uncle Woddle.

I'm finally starting to feel somewhat normal after going straight from flu to a chest infection. I've slept or been drugged through most of November.

Welcome back - was starting to wonder if you had run away to Bueno Aires to escape your impending nuptials...

The water in the field behind my house (which is now a full blown lake / river) got to within a couple of feet of the back of my office but we escaped - unlike Shannon Banks, just down the road, where families have been evacuated :eek:

The water in the field behind my house (which is now a full blown lake / river) got to within a couple of feet of the back of my office but we escaped - unlike Shannon Banks, just down the road, where families have been evacuated :eek:

Should have taken those kayaking lessons from zuppylurk last year. I hope the water doesn't get any closer to you.

Should have taken those kayaking lessons from zuppylurk last year. I hope the water doesn't get any closer to you.

MrsA said teh exact same thing! I assume you're clear of the Cork floods?

Meant to tell you we had a mini flowergirl crisis last week - JnrMsA is in a ballet performance that is the same weekend as her scheduled flowergirl-ing. Loks like we're ok though - wedding on Fri and performance on Sunday but we nearly had tears at bedtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

So the shed is ok... PHEW.

• Advertisement

So the shed is ok... PHEW.

Hmm, not looking good - just took thios photo of the office from my kitchen window

x-palace%20and%20amber%20fort.jpg

Looks like me executive office space is being threatened...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Jaysus, the auld gazebo's fecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Congrats Woddle.

I have a strong dislike for all kids under 5 and over 12.
    Maybe it's because they hate me too. Take that horrific kids.

Amadeus - i'd be more worried about the paint job rather than the water. ll jokes aside, hopefully it all turns out okay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ULstudent wrote: »
    Congrats Woddle.

I have a strong dislike for all kids under 5 and over 12.
    Maybe it's because they hate me too. Take that horrific kids.

I hate children, but they love me...I think it's because I'm so small and they think I'm one of then.

Picketed for 2 hours this morning, some people go way over the top and have no common sense that we are picketing outside a hospital and some people still need to get in and out. .

I ran by several picketers and by st. johns hospital they were all just huddled together in a hugging like fashion protecting themselves from the downpour ... except for one loon who just walked in circles with his sign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I'm praying it'll bucket down rain this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Looks like me executive office space is being threatened...

I don't know, looks ok from here.
    IMG_1069%20shed.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

DustyBin wrote: »
    Jaysus, the auld gazebo's fecked!!

Brilliant, that cracked me up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Got to the park this morning and the car park was locked , not sign of a picket go I guess it was ok to get my run done there :)

Is it okay to be so excited for the great limk run that you are about to wet your slanket?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well, a wet slanket might make a bit of a skanger deterrent...

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Yay just got a start date for my new job. Yipee off to Cork I move :D

pack your paddle.

I've been trying (without success) to find a commissioner of oaths.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

mrak wrote: »
    okay this is pure off topic.. I got an invite to that googlewave thing - not convinced about it but wasn't doing much - I added a public wave for Boards.ie Athletics/Running/Triathlon if anyone wants to post there. See what it's about anyhow. To find the wave search for
    with:public Boards.ie Athletics
    from gwave. You'll need a gwave account and I don't have any invites.

I've got a few invites going spare at the moment if there are any ART'ists who want to see what this Wave thing is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

robinph wrote: »
    I've got a few invites going spare at the moment if there are any ART'ists who want to see what this Wave thing is all about.
    PM'ing u my email ID

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    PM'ing u my email ID

Invite sent.

It's kind of random as to if it takes minutes, hours or days to arrive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sent ya a pm. Thanks.

I've also got invites if anyone wants in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Invite sent.

It's kind of random as to if it takes minutes, hours or days to arrive though.

Got it cheers

Wiggle.co.uk have an extra discount on this weekend: £10 off a £50 spend (voucher code afree-10pnd), and £20 off a £100 spend (voucher code afree-20pnd). Just if anyone's interested :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I have google wave but I don't know what it is. What is it?

What is it?
    Erm? :confused:

A very long video from when they launched it: Clicky

Apart from loads of geeks getting over excited in that video, they do eventually show a few cool things that should eventually be possible with Wave. At the moment the stuff I've mostly seen done with it is just variations on threaded messages, such as we are doing here, but with some instant messaging thrown in. That is not really what they designed it for though I don't think, but people are still figuring it out.

Collaborative work is where I think they were aiming for, with a bit of IM thrown in. But it's not quite there yet.

Just found this site which might give an idea as to what Wave is and what to do with it:

http://completewaveguide.com/

Not read through it myself yet, but looks like it might give a decent explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I've been trying (without success) to find a commissioner of oaths.

You might already know this but just in case- many solicitors are also commissioners of the oaths or their signature will do on many forms where a commissioner is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

House hunting is a pain in the bum! Roll on sunday night in dublin!

Advertisement