Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

House hunting is a pain in the bum!

+1 I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

On the plus side going to see a place where there's no deposit required. Wonder how much of a dump it's gonna be lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

On the plus side going to see a place where there's no deposit required. Wonder how much of a dump it's gonna be lol

Maybe keep your options open and haggle. Lots of decent places in Limerick right now. Yes the search is a pain but I just found a bargain to move into.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Blueskye wrote: »
    +1 I feel your pain.

Me too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

just got stung to do santa next week end.....so will be gettin "Bad Santa" out for some tips and tuition:D..............................

• Advertisement

hmmm...viewed 2 of them.. Really liked one! Decision now is do I stay living with my friend or do I make the move...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

ultraman1 wrote: »
    just got stung to do santa

whos holding him down?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

ultraman1 wrote: »
    just got stung to do santa next week end

I bet you knew it was coming....that would explain the low mileage and the cream buns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Saw paranormal avtivity last night in the cinema - thought it would be ****e and another generic horror film but was actually good.

I didn't think it was that great now. Takes alot for a movie to scare me so I was fierce disappointed. Don't watch land of the lost. It's an hour and a half of your life that you'll never get back!!

• Advertisement

I didn't think it was that great now. Takes alot for a movie to scare me so I was fierce disappointed. Don't watch land of the lost. It's an hour and a half of your life that you'll never get back!!

*SPOILER ALERT*
    I would have been much more impressed if it was a ghost they were dealing with and not a friggin demon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just FYI, I don't even know what film your on about, but there are spoiler tags you can use for such things. Like this, just without the spaces:
    put some top secret info here [/ spoiler]
    Hello there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

While we're in critic mode, I would sincerely advise to avoid 'The Box' at all costs.

Heap. Of. Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

There doesn't appear to be much on in the cinema at the moment. I've looked at the listings the last two weeks and not bothered to go. Any suggestions for the upcoming weeks welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

There doesn't appear to be much on in the cinema at the moment. I've looked at the listings the last two weeks and not bothered to go. Any suggestions for the upcoming weeks welcome.

The Lovely Bones starring our own Saoirse Ronan is due out soon.
    It has been getting great reviews, don't be surprised if Saoirse gets an oscar nomination for her performance in this.

The Descent 2 might be alright. I think I enjoyed the first one (think....because it's been that long I can't actually remember what I thought of it!!!)

Sandra Bullock has a new one coming out too... caught a glimpse of a trailer for it. No idea what it's called though!

Totally off the topic of movies....I highly recommend that everyone see's James Morrison live at some stage! What a voice!

And off that again.....Tommy Tiernan's World Tour of Limerick is on in January :) Tickets available on ticketmaster.ie for anyone who likes him (I'm all giddy at the thought of going to see him again :D ) Going to see Tommy and Hectors Craic House in Galway next week...... can't wait!!!!! It's gonna be shown on RTE on the 27th December....

The Descent 2 is ****e and is not worth the steam off my piss. I think I enjoyed the first one (think....because it's been that long I can't actually remember what I thought of it!!!)

Sandra Bullock has a new one coming out too... caught a glimpse of a trailer for it. No idea what it's called though!

Totally off the topic of movies....I highly recommend that everyone see's James Morrison live at some stage! What a voice!

And off that again.....Tommy Tiernan's World Tour of Limerick is on in January :) Tickets available on ticketmaster.ie for anyone who likes him (I'm all giddy at the thought of going to see him again :D ) Going to see Tommy and Hectors Craic House in Galway next week...... can't wait!!!!! It's gonna be shown on RTE on the 27th December....

Fixed your post.

ULstudent wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

:eek: tut tut!

For what it's worth, i really enjoyed the first film ... i think. The second one is okayish ... nowhere near as tensiony as the first though. Nice to see that its not just all new characters, but not worth the hours of downloading it it took for my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

While we're on the subject of films.............Good old Charlie, did he ever do anything other than break people up in movies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrnSGhi6o0&feature=rec-r2-2r-3-HM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hope I get a ticket to Old Trafford. Should I be successful in my ticket application I will have made more trips to the toilet than about 95% of their Irish 'fans' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Woohoo !
    Pearl Jam next June :D

Have my economics exam at 12:30 - 3. 3 essay questions to do. Here's hoping internal agrculture reforms and trade liberalisation, irish tourism and physical infrastructure come up!

and then to study for healthcare sociology tomorrow morning. It's on at 9. bleurrrrghhhhhhhhhh.

I will go out for a run in an hour though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Best of luck with the exams UL - do not envy you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck with the exams UL Student!

Good luck with the exam UL.
    I have to drive back from galway this evening :( Sick of driving this week! I've gone from Limerick - Dublin - Galway and back to Limerick..... and it doesn't end there....
    Sunday I have to do Limerick - Galway again. Spend 3 more days up here and then back to Limerick. and I've been penciled in to do some trips to Cashel as well!
    I know I shouldn't really complain that we're busy.... But Im REALLY TIRED :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Have my economics exam at 12:30 - 3. 3 essay questions to do. Here's hoping internal agrculture reforms and trade liberalisation, irish tourism and physical infrastructure come up!

and then to study for healthcare sociology tomorrow morning. It's on at 9. bleurrrrghhhhhhhhhh.

I will go out for a run in an hour though!

Aaaagh...we were in the same class all semester and never knew it!

Good aul Ireland in the World Economy - what you think of it?

Rineanna wrote: »
    Aaaagh...we were in the same class all semester and never knew it!

Good aul Ireland in the World Economy - what you think of it?

That's fairly random. I would have more of an opinion on the class if i went to it more. I went twice to be honest. The first class and cap ... and i could never bring myself to go back. 2.5 hours, break or no break, is not fun on a monday afternoon! The exam was grand wasn't it? It never really changes though. Good old CAP, tourism and infrastructre! I find economics a hell of a lot easier these days compared to horrible MCQ exams in 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Twice out of how many lectures? I'm usually at the other side of the lectern, I don't expect to see too many students next week as we had to extend term by a week because of the floods.

I finished my christmas shopping this evening and bought wedding rings. jobs done <claps hands>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I went twice to be honest. The first class and cap ... and i could never bring myself to go back.

You modern students work too hard...
    I finished my christmas shopping this evening and bought wedding rings. jobs done <claps hands>

Woo Hoo! Has Zuppy bought that ticket to Brazil yet or is he leaning more towards the French Foreign Legion?

Advertisement