Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You modern students work too hard...
    If by "too hard" you mean "harder than you did"... :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

You modern students work too hard...

Well ... in my defense i do do a weekend course also on friday nights and all day saturday that i love and do go to. Cannot say i love my degree though. oh well. Oh and i did go to my other classes ... most of them.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I worked bloody hard! Pints don't drink themselves you know...

What was the weekend course ULS?

I worked bloody hard! Pints don't drink themselves you know...

What was the weekend course ULS?

Im doing exercise and fitness instruction weekends.

On another note i can't wait to have a bottle of absinthe on saturday to celebrate finishing my last set of autumn exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ULstudent wrote: »
    On another note i can't wait to have a pint on saturday to celebrate finishing my last set of autumn exams.
    Things have really changed since i was a student!

• Advertisement

v0_master.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

v0_master.jpg

LOL

I fixed my post for ya. Might as well be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

That's fairly random. I would have more of an opinion on the class if i went to it more. I went twice to be honest. The first class and cap ... and i could never bring myself to go back. 2.5 hours, break or no break, is not fun on a monday afternoon!

Ha! It was pretty testing at times to (a) stay awake, and (b) not gnaw your arm off with hunger. I started bringing packed lunches to it from about week 6on. You'd nearly need a picnic basket to feed yourself through it...

ULstudent wrote:
    The exam was grand wasn't it? It never really changes though. Good old CAP, tourism and infrastructre! I find economics a hell of a lot easier these days compared to horrible MCQ exams in 1st year.

Agreed. I did the same except Industrial policy instead of CAP. Lots of people giving out about the Luxembourg agreement, or so I hear. Week and a half until my final exam, with the Euro XC in the middle to break it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Came across this thread over at After Hours: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055750426

Its Photo's that shook the world. Some are hard to look at but some pretty amazing stuff.

Warning, I spent over an hour last night going through only half of them. Well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

The one with the starving child (and vulture in the back) makes me cry every time I see it. I know that despite winning a pulitizer for it, Kevin Carter was heavily criticised for taking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Yes thats unreal. Things like that make you appreciate what you have. Did you see the series of photos of a boy dying with cancer. It shows his mother caring for him. Can't stop thinking about that.

I did see a photo of Ben Johnson winning the 100m Olympic gold with his hand in the air. It shows Carl Lewis looking over at him with a look of "cheat". It would take me ages to find it but I thought it was a good pic.

Some phenominal photos there. Makes you stop and think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Boooooorrred, to-do list in front of me. A logical order of things to make the day fly and yet... ZERO motivation or concentration for anything :cool:

And I'm on a rest day from training......

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Yes thats unreal. Things like that make you appreciate what you have. Did you see the series of photos of a boy dying with cancer. It shows his mother caring for him. Can't stop thinking about that.

I did see a photo of Ben Johnson winning the 100m Olympic gold with his hand in the air. It shows Carl Lewis looking over at him with a look of "cheat". It would take me ages to find it but I thought it was a good pic.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00048/boltspread_04_516x31_48353a.jpg

Maybe

ALLEZ LES ROUGE

Oh the excitement of Heineken Cup Rugby...I feel like I haven't been in Thomond Park in MONTHS!!!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Came across this thread over at After Hours: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055750426

Its Photo's that shook the world. Some are hard to look at but some pretty amazing stuff.

Warning, I spent over an hour last night going through only half of them. Well worth it.

I did the exact same thing last night too! I actually cried over a few of them. Cant wait to show them to my students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Bally8 wrote: »
    ... I actually cried over a few of them. Cant wait to show them to my students.

That's just mean ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Great thread.. Some really powerful ones in there.

And yes, I will put my hands in the air and admit there was tears

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

For any of ye with kids: http://portablenorthpole.tv/home

Did one for my nephews.. the expression on their faces was golden! :D

• Advertisement

Saw that for my nephew. I've never seen him so excited. Guaranteed good behaviour bribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Best one has gotta be The Black Panthers at the 1968 Olympics. My personal favourite anyway.

26.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

The one with the starving child (and vulture in the back) makes me cry every time I see it. I know that despite winning a pulitizer for it, Kevin Carter was heavily criticised for taking it.

He committed suicide a few years later.

real shame. That photo has made me do a lot.

I finally cleaned out the back of my car today. That was a long overdue job.

ZL joined me to a new gym as a pressie (thanks babe) and I get to try it out for the first time in the morning. Feels a lot like christmas around here.

Rineanna wrote: »

Lots of people giving out about the Luxembourg agreement, or so I hear. Week and a half until my final exam, with the Euro XC in the middle to break it up!

Luxembourg as a 60 marker was a little bit of a throw off alright but manageable. I'm now officially finished exams. FYP time soon though.:(

Man i would HATE to have another exam.

On another note - best of luck in the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Man i would HATE to have another exam.
    *frowns you good*

Still got Mathematical Biology on Wednesday, and Partial Differential Equations on Friday... *cries*

I hate Monday mornings :( booooooo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I hate Monday mornings :( booooooo!

No work for me. Time in lieu. :D

No work for me. Time in lieu. :D

Oh now! See that's just mean. I'm sitting in a freezing cold office after having to walk across freezing cold Eyre Square and sitting in Athenry train station for 20mins freezin my @ss off there as well! Monday mornings suck!!!

• Advertisement

Partial Differential Equations on Friday...

I was never any good at foreign languages...

Time off in lieu RQ? Bloody slackers in the Public Sector :D

In other news it's a bit frosty this morning so rather than risk my baby on slippy roads I'm going to work from home for a few hours...

Advertisement