Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

A good one from the photography forum.

A Recessionary Claus

1D6CE0BBFE554AE9AD4D4E95060316F6-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Im on the couch ... with coffee, covered by my slanket and watching Jeremy Kyle. It all kind of makes me feel cheap and dirty on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I can't satisfy my appetite at the moment - is it a Neanderthal hibernation throw back or something: Suggestions for healthy munchie satisfying snacks please, that pass the message to the hunger receptors in the brain Usain Bolt sytle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I can't satisfy my appetite at the moment - is it a Neanderthal hibernation throw back or something: Suggestions for healthy munchie satisfying snacks please, that pass the message to the hunger receptors in the brain Usain Bolt sytle!

I know that feeling , working at home today and too much coffee and food around, cut up some carrots seems to stop me from going back to the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Go get a drink of diluted orange mixed with sparkling water, fills you up and it tastes like fanta

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    I know that feeling , working at home today and too much coffee and food around, cut up some carrots seems to stop me from going back to the fridge.
    Woddle wrote: »
    Go get a drink of diluted orange mixed with sparkling water, fills you up and it tastes like fanta

Lots of orange going on there - could be an interesting addition to Woddle's log.
    Have read that brushing your teeth suppresses hunger, something to do with association (brushing your teeth before bed).
    So I'm brushing my teeth, going for a lunch time run and having some carrots later (no fizzy water or miwadi in chez beepbeep I'm afraid)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

mmmmmmmmm Meatball Sub :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

went to see eddie izzard last night
    i have to admit i was bored during it, thought it dragged on and overelaberated some jokes. didnt think it was paticularly funny
    maybe im just not a fan as the girl in front of me laughed at everything he said including "hello dublin good to be here"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

mmmmmmmmm Meatball Sub :D:D:D:D:D

I had a meatball sub twice in my life .... both times it did not exit itself in a formal manner. nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ULstudent wrote: »
    I had a meatball sub twice in my life .... both times it did not exit itself in a formal manner. nuff said.

Could this have anything to do with an accompanying feed of pints? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ULstudent wrote: »
    Im on the couch ... with coffee, covered by my slanket and watching Jeremy Kyle. It all kind of makes me feel cheap and dirty on the inside.

I wish I was a student. :(
    amadeus wrote:
    Time off in lieu RQ? Bloody slackers in the Public Sector

I work bloody hard you know. Study leave tomorrow. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I hate deadlines that keep me up half the night :mad:

8 more sleeps to Santa Claus - so I was informed this morning :D.
    Can we get a smiley with a Christmas hat for the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

santa_hat_smiley_face_poster-p228631723581336671t5wm_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

we're gettin our first road with no potholes tomorrow in the west.

nah, nah, nah nah nah

......... oh , ye have these already in other parts of teh country.....sorry.

nah, nah, nah nah nah

When do you have to give it back!

From an ex Galway man.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

nah, nah, nah nah nah

Do they take the roads in when it starts raining out there? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

nah, nah, nah nah nah

You can get roads without potholes? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

You can get roads without potholes? :eek:

Yep. and then it rains....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

For all the film buffs:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

submitted PhD thesis to supervisor yesterday!

Oh happy days!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

MarieC wrote: »
    submitted PhD thesis to supervisor yesterday!

Oh happy days!!!! :D

Well done Marie. Chillax for xmas now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Congrats MarieC. I know that feeling!! Enjoy the Christmas.

Hardcore training

15503556.jpg

And this just because its an amazing picture

3245946603_46a209ab40_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

One of mine from last winter, I carried around a skinny cybershot on my lsr
    3263010798_da1ec267dc_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

And a HUGE leap up and down while vigorously bouncing into each other, waving your arms around and headbanging hard enough to make your ears bleed in honour of the mighty RATM keeping the X-Factor off the UK #1 (linky here, some lyrics NSFW!)

Brings back so many memories from college and in particular a dodgy pub called Sally Longs.... Ahhh happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

awww, the memories....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Didn't buy it myself, but delighted it's annoying Simon Cowel for a change rather than the other way round.

Edit: Well I did of course buy it many many years ago, and the album, and the t-shirt, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Never mind running on ice, was a bit hairy this morning driving on ice with only two wheels on the vehicle to get out of the estate. Now waiting at the airport and hoping that the plane driver is better than the one landing in a field in Glasgow yesterday. Think I may not be even doing one training session tomorrow, never mind the two or three that Woddle will be doing.

Advertisement