Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Hi
    Setanta are running an ad at the moment for documentaries they'll be showing soon(at the end of the ad theres a sequence of a young Barry Mcguigan running). Theres a song thats playing over the ad and I was just wondering if anybody knew the artist and title of this song?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

tunguska wrote: »
    Hi
    Setanta are running an ad at the moment for documentaries they'll be showing soon(at the end of the ad theres a sequence of a young Barry Mcguigan running). Theres a song thats playing over the ad and I was just wondering if anybody knew the artist and title of this song?
    Cheers

Can't help you with this one, but the music forum has a stickied thread especially for these sort of questions, and they're usually pretty good at i.d'ing songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Happy Christmas everyone, and a happy (and injury-free) New Year!

Two and a half hours left in work, and off Christmas Day and Stephen's Day for the first time in years! Yahoo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Happy Christmas Everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Doing my bit for the environment.. Recycling safety pins from this years race numbers for re-use in 2010 :rolleyes: Sad or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Running on ice is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Bottle of baileys ftw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

anyone see Avatar
    i saw it in 3D it was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I saw it, thought it was great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I saw it too - not in 3d though. Thought it was very good ... much better than i expected and ya don't even feel the 3 hours go by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Rineanna wrote: »
    Can't help you with this one, but the music forum has a stickied thread especially for these sort of questions, and they're usually pretty good at i.d'ing songs.

Thanks Rineanna, I'll check the music forum out. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I liked it too, although didn't get the 3d experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm dying to see it. Might see if I can drag some people out to it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

On a suitably totally off-topic thread, I have a documentary being broadcast on TG4 at 7.15 tonight called Saighdiuir, on the experiences of Irish people who fought in the British army during WWII. The only running connection is that hassle from the Tunisian authorities while filming there totally screwed up my DCM taper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

How emf>*kingbarrassing was Rte's countdown to new year,though john"credo" credon was good:rolleyes:

*utters bad things about the Man U - Leeds match*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This might, just be, the happiest moment of my life. Fuff you Fergie, fuff you Scummers. LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

This might, just be, the happiest moment of my life. Fuff you Fergie, fuff you Scummers. LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS :D:D:D:D:D

love it. Brilliant.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Marching on together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

MAN UTD 0 LEEDS UTD 1.:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I've never seen my father as happy as he was after the final whistle yesterday! lol

I hate being in work... feel like I've had no time off sob sob :(

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

I hate being in work... feel like I've had no time off sob sob :(

Took this week off but am a bit restricted with the weather. Was supposed to go West but decided not to in the end. I guess thos DIY jobs will have to be tackled then....as sooon as I get off boards.ie:p

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

gerard65 wrote: »
    MAN UTD 0 LEEDS UTD 1.:D:D:D:D

Come on the Spurs :D

Anyone here work in IT?
    Wanna replace our IT department cause they're totally crap! Systems have been down pretty much all day! No payroll done!!!! grrrrrrr There goes the first evening of my training!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

So possible IT vacancies in Limerick?? Interesting :)

India actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

ok so....not heading for Limerick then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

just read this - am delighted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8385700.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Not entirely off topic but not deserving of it's own thread. Compression gear in aldi from thursday

• Advertisement

Looks like they're really going for the New Year's resolution market - lots of other weight loss-related stuff too. I dread to think of the pain the girls would be in after a long run in that sports bra they're doing...

Advertisement