Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

From what I've read your suppose to run both ways in training to stop over use of one side of your body. So you either swap direction for every second interval or session (one day clockwise, the next interval session anti-clockwise). Apparently running in the same direction can cause injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

gerard65 wrote: »
    Apparently running in the same direction can cause injuries.

Need to be mindful if you do alot of running on backroads also where the camber is noticeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Having just seen it, can I warn any would-be-Valentine's-night-out-bookers not to expect too much back row action if you bring your date to see "The Road".

Bleakest. Movie. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Having just seen it, can I warn any would-be-Valentine's-night-out-bookers not to expect too much back row action if you bring your date to see "The Road".

Bleakest. Movie. Ever.

I meant to go and see it last week, but didn't get around to it. I've heard great reviews; did you enjoy iy despite its bleakness? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Rineanna wrote: »
    I meant to go and see it last week, but didn't get around to it. I've heard great reviews; did you enjoy iy despite its bleakness? :p

Its one of the most powerful films I've ever seen, I've been thinking about it all day long. Brilliant acting and writing, just enough not explained to let your imagination fill in the gaps in the story, which makes it all the more dark.

On the positive side, it made me really appreciate just how much we have going for us in our lives. I'd recommend it to everyone, just be aware, Disney schmaltz it is not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

I've been peppered the past couple of months with Wiggle promo codes for £5 off this, £10 off that etc.
    But now that I actually have something to buy they don't seem to be sending them around anymore :rolleyes:
    And I've tried some of the old ones but they've expired
    Aaaaggh!
    I could just buy, but then maybe get an email the next day - sod's law

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Sosa.jpg

The "Real" Sosa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Nope, this:

Sosa_swinging4.png

Is the real Sosa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

What on earth are the English wearing?! I know it's still technical gear but it looks like the sheep should still be attached!

Nope, this:

Sosa_swinging4.png

Is the real Sosa

I prefer the Scarface version....

How do you put the pic straight in ?
    I just cannot figure it out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Sosa wrote: »
    I prefer the Scarface version....

How do you put the pic straight in ?
    I just cannot figure it out....

Either find the picture online or put it up on a sharing service yourself, right-click on the image and select Copy Image URL. When creating your post, click the insert image button insertimage.gif and paste that link into the box or use the tags [img ][/img ] (without the spaces around the URL...

If you click quote this message you'll see an example of it where I inserted the Insert Image pic in this message.

Sosa.jpg

Oh Yeah...Alejandro Sosa...Bolivian Druglord

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sosa wrote: »
    Sosa.jpg

Oh Yeah...Alejandro Sosa...Bolivian Druglord

looks more like a gay fashion critic about to verbally dismantle this years D&G collection

SUNGOD wrote: »
    looks more like a gay fashion critic about to verbally dismantle this years D&G collection

No need for that now SG...getting ratty in your old age !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

From over on the bargain alerts page: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055822598

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

More coupon codes on Wiggle this weekend - £10 off a £50 spend (heart-10GBP) and £20 off a £100 spend (heart-20GBP).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

So, who went to see Jeward in the Dundrum shopping centre today?? Their really great, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Jeward ?

is there a tough jewish security guard working there??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

So, who went to see Jeward in the Dundrum shopping centre today?? Their really great, aren't they?

You could always go along to see Rovers in Tallaght. Twiggward play up front. A deadly partnership.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Just found a left-over bow of Christmas Roses hidden in the back of the press :D
    Yum yum - loading up on glucose levels for My Sport tomorrow, watching the Winter Olympics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Anyone watching the Olympics? Winter sports are great fun to watch!

04072511 wrote: »

Yup, just waiting for the BBC's program to start back up at 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Yup, just waiting for the BBC's program to start back up at 12.

So happy that I have eurosport this time around. They have much more coverage and unlike BBC wont focus about 50% of their time on Curling :eek:

BBC showed no hockey live last time (unless you had the red button) except for the final. I'm sure Eurosport will have much more. Its the event I'm looking forward to the most.

The Snowboard Cross and the Ski Cross will be brilliant to watch aswell!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

04072511 wrote: »

What? There is skiing on telly? Why didn't somebody tell me? ;)

Just watching the repeat of the ski jump on Eurosport at the moment, but they had the biathlon on earlier which has to be one of the cruelest sports to take part in. You have to do X km's of one of the most physically demanding sports, then do one that requires you to be as calm and slow a HR and breathing etc. Miss any shots though and they make you ski an extra 150M(?) for every miss, just incase it wasn't tough enough already. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I've had a very productive morning online!

I'm bidding on a pair of Kayano 15's (my month old 16's are not working out :mad:) and I also got myself a sports stop watch for nearly half it's RRP price!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Snowboard cross on BBC three at the moment. If there's a better winter Olympics sport, I dunno what it is. Brilliant stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Snowboard cross on BBC three at the moment. If there's a better winter Olympics sport, I dunno what it is. Brilliant stuff.

Yeah it's class alright, those boys must have strong knees :eek:

Introduce guns, fighting, boobs and something death-defying to snowboard cross and you'd have the perfect spectator sport. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Introduce guns, fighting, boobs and something death-defying to snowboard cross and you'd have the perfect spectator sport. :pac:
    You forgot the sharks with frickin' lazer beams. :)

• Advertisement

You forgot the sharks with frickin' lazer beams. :)

Need to save something for the summer games :pac:

Advertisement