Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Raising a glass to the Barca marathoners :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

I'll join you in that toast, well done one and all!

Got a text from KC earlier, said he was drinking "dirty beers" although that may have been a typo for "thirty":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

WoooHooo,
    Galway City Marathon proposed for August 29th.

delighted to hear this. a great time of the year and a nice venue. timing would also suit a few as a pre dub lsr ?

anyways i can see this being a big success.

wish i was fit tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭Bambaata

[Rant]

Alive Outside today launched entries for the Slane Castle Tri. This was to be one of my main races for this year as i live just down the road but now i see they're charging €65 im very disappointed! This is an outrageous amount for a sprint, non NS race on open roads!!!!

I really hope it bombs as a lesson to greedy organisers but unfortunately i know it wont as there's too many who wont care about the price.

Jaysus im raging!!

[/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Someone help keep me sane. No running and lots of study make kirby something something. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

...not very rainbowy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Marion Jones (medal stripped ex-Olympian) signs up with Women's NBA team Tulsa Shock. Interesting. I'd imagine she's still very fast in a straight line, but can she turn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Marion Jones (medal stripped ex-Olympian) signs up with Women's NBA team Tulsa Shock. Interesting. I'd imagine she's still very fast in a straight line, but can she turn?

Well if she runs the straights, her ex tim montgomery might be good at running the corners...anyone for smack? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

She won an ncaa womens title with North Carolina (same school Michael Jordan went to ) back in 93/4 and was originally drafted to a pro womens team then but was sprinting instead.
    She will be an unusual rookie...but apparently a very good player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Bambaata wrote: »
    [Rant]

Alive Outside today launched entries for the Slane Castle Tri. This was to be one of my main races for this year as i live just down the road but now i see they're charging €65 im very disappointed! This is an outrageous amount for a sprint, non NS race on open roads!!!!

I really hope it bombs as a lesson to greedy organisers but unfortunately i know it wont as there's too many who wont care about the price.

Jaysus im raging!!

[/rant]

Feckin' Shysters. I was planning to do this too. I'm from Drogheda originally but living in Dublin, and it was to be my first open water tri. I am going to have to think long and hard about doing it!

• Advertisement

Lest it escape anyone's attention, "Irishman wins Cyprus Pafos Marathon". :)
    Well done Abhainn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Lest it escape anyone's attention, "Irishman wins Cyprus Pafos Marathon". :)
    Well done Abhainn!

Excellent run any word on times or links to results?

ecoli wrote: »
    Nope, just a text that BeepBeep received, to confirm he finished first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

His log says 2hr 51min. Well done, Is he our first boards marathon winner?

I think Hunnymonster won one too when she was waiting for Zuppy's Channel swim to go ahead.

I think Hunnymonster won one too when she was waiting for Zuppy's Channel swim to go ahead.

You are quick on the ball today RK!! you must be reading the logs wishing you were running yourself. Anymore word when you are back yet?

menoscemo wrote: »
    You are quick on the ball today RK!! you must be reading the logs wishing you were running yourself. Anymore word when you are back yet?

Need to ring my doctor tomorrow and find out if my test results have finally made it the short distance from Vincent's to UCD student health. If they have and everything's ok, it could be tomorrow, and I'm really not in the mood for thinking about the alternatives...

And yeah, I'm going absolutely mad to get back running. 2 weeks is the longest I've been off the road since I started, and I honestly feel like I'm putting on a stone here. :mad:

I'll keep the fingers crossed for you, hopefully you'll be at the start line at UCD in a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

6 weeks of physio and I can start running again which means 6 more weeks I've to keep sane. But I guess its not much more on top of 1+ year out. God I cant wait until I start to run again.

i feel your pain.
    did first run in six months last week. omg back to sq one :(.
    to think i used to fee so superior to 9 minute milers ! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Yeah I can imagine, although as difficult coming back will be and despite how slow I know I will be, I'm still really looking forward to the pain, but the good kind of pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

ecoli wrote: »

http://www.cyprusmarathon.com/results10.htm

Not only did he win it, but second place was all of 19min behind him :eek:.

Nice marathon to try if you want to finish well up the field :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

eliwallach wrote: »
    http://www.cyprusmarathon.com/results10.htm

Not only did he win it, but second place was all of 19min behind him :eek:.

Nice marathon to try if you want to finish well up the field :rolleyes:.

One for the books next year , looks like Boards AC could go global and claim and international team title in any of the races next year.

Good win ,nice one to tell the grand children.

anyone see or try the lidl gps watch/herat rate monitor for running and software 150 yo yos

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

anyone see or try the lidl gps watch/herat rate monitor for running and software 150 yo yos

It's being discussed here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055854165

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

One week till the clocks go back = one week to post work runs in the parks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

spring = forward
    fall = back
    ..... but I know what you mean RQ. Unfortunately I'm an early bird so just as I was getting used to daylight for morning runs it will be gone.

I learned something this weekend. aburke is fast, both with his legs running and with his wit.

spring = forward
    fall = back

just realised that as I read it back, won't be mich longer till we can run in the mornings too!

I hate football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I hate football.

Advertisement