Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Soon as Paddy wen't off injured it was clear we'd lose. No Kisnorbo + no Beckford = an ridiclously poor side.

This isn't good at all given we're playing Norwich on Saturday and we have 2 games every week bar one between now and the last game. Drop into the playoffs and our season is over, we'll never go up via the playoffs.

Howson is absolute tripe aswell. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Playing at home and only 1 shot on target, what the f*** is that all about:mad: From a team that could'nt lose a few months ago, even beat the scum 1-0, to a team that can't win jack Sh1t!! Thats just a pile of dog do do.

Still the same squad that had us 11 points clear of third place. Just completely out of ideas now. A win on Saturday and everything will look rosy again but we really don't look like winning. We have been in relegation form since beating scum and in all honestly I'd take back the incredible feeling of winning at scum and the incredible day I had at White Hart Lane for an 11 point cushion any day of the week.

Just don't get whats going on. Don't get why we look like a completely different squad to the one that had us so comfortable at the top not so long ago. I don't get why we keep playing Howson. I don't get why we started Dickov over Grella. I don't get why we SIGNED Dickov.

Just. Don't. Get. It. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I hate football.

Tbh this weekend I love football, seeing Liverpool get stuffed yesterday was SO satisfying :D

Also, Messi... 8 goals in 3 games for Barcelona - nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Does anybody have a link to the old thread about times to aim for across a range of distances?
    e.g. sub 40min 10k, sub 60 min 10 mile, etc etc?

Should be stickied /wiki'ed but can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Does anybody have a link to the old thread about times to aim for across a range of distances?
    e.g. sub 40min 10k, sub 60 min 10 mile, etc etc?

Should be stickied /wiki'ed but can't find it.

This kinda thing?

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm

Thanks, but that's not it. It's a thread here on Boards, that posts up a number of distances and times that you should strive to achieve across those distances. Kind of like a list you tick off, once you've achieved a particular time. Something to aim for/aspire to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Thanks, but that's not it. It's a thread here on Boards, that posts up a number of distances and times that you should strive to achieve across those distances. Kind of like a list you tick off, once you've achieved a particular time. Something to aim for/aspire to do.

It was Racing Flats big 8

1m in 5 mins
    3k in 10 mins
    5k in 20 mins
    5m in 30 mins
    10k in 40 mins
    10m in an hour
    Half in 90 mins
    Full in 3 Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'll find a sticky to put it in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »

That's the one. Thanks Rubin. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That's the one. Thanks Rubin. :)
    Careful now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Tbh this weekend I love football, seeing Liverpool get stuffed yesterday was SO satisfying :D

Ah here theres no need for that. We're having a little trouble yes, but the presitgious and under rated Europa league is ours for the taking.

tunguska wrote: »
    Ah here theres no need for that. We're having a little trouble yes, but the presitgious and under rated Europa league is ours for the taking.

You tell her,Tunguska...
    The fat waiter will be gone soon and we will get the special one
    ( if the investment comes )

Sosa wrote: »
    You tell her,Tunguska...
    The fat waiter will be gone soon and we will get the special one
    ( if the investment comes )

I used to be his biggest supporter but the fact is he's had his day, Rafa has to go. I think he's lost the dressing room and I now live in hope that Jose will be our man in charge next season. I mean his teams dont play beautiful football like aresnal or barca but he's a great man manager who will get the absolute maximum out of his players.
    Although if Inter win the champions league I cant see him leaving.......

Although if Inter win the champions league
    Not gonna happen. It's looking an awful lot like another Man U - Barca final.

Not gonna happen. It's looking an awful lot like another Man U - Barca final.

Not so sure about that. I seem to recall jose taking the unfancied Porto all the way a few years ago. I just wouldnt bet against him thats all Im saying. Besides I wouldnt want to see Barca p i s s all over United again, that'd just be Boring.

Not so sure about that. I seem to recall jose taking the unfancied Porto all the way a few years ago. I just wouldnt bet against him thats all Im saying. Besides I wouldnt want to see Barca p i s s all over United again, that'd just be Boring.

I hated Mourinho at Chelsea,but the facts are that he is the best manager in the game at the minute.
    any player that plays for him gives him 110% every game,he is a real arm over the shoulder type of manager.
    Benitez is like a chief executive...they are all just a number to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Check out Eurosport 2 now for one of the weirdest of all sports. No pocket billiards. Think its popular in Belgium...:confused:

^^ Needs more curling. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

No manager worth their salt would want to join Liverpool in their current state. The manager had his budget almost completely cut in the middle of the transfer window last year which suddenly left the team without a second striker for the season. Mourinho would have no truck whatsoever with those two muppets that own the club. The only managers likely to want to take over are someone like Dalglish, who already loves the club, and would want to take it through tough times, or mercenaries with no ambition who fancy a big pay day. And there are far more of the latter around than the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Good value on wiggle at the minute - current promo gives 15% discount and if you update your preferences first you'll get another £5 off :)
    Good if you need some runners.

Goddamn you Alex Ferguson, you better play Wayne Rooney today or else my Fantasy football campaign is in the crapper.
    Honestly, these big shot managers have no consideration for anybody else.........

No manager worth their salt would want to join Liverpool in their current state. The manager had his budget almost completely cut in the middle of the transfer window last year which suddenly left the team without a second striker for the season. Mourinho would have no truck whatsoever with those two muppets that own the club. The only managers likely to want to take over are someone like Dalglish, who already loves the club, and would want to take it through tough times, or mercenaries with no ambition who fancy a big pay day. And there are far more of the latter around than the former.

I agree that Mourinho will not talk the helm at Liverpool unless he has money to spend,thats a given.
    There are loads of investors lining up with money,its just the yanks want there money but dont want to relinquish much of the stake there...
    They cant have it every way and eventually will have to pick one of those investors as Bank of Scotland will be calling in there loan soon...over 200m and they have to get the money somewhere,or else thay will have to start selling and thats no good to them either.
    Something will happen soon....good or bad !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

janeymacs, the man u v chelsea game is gonna be savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Enjoying a post race pint of plain. Glad I didn't give up the odd pint for Lent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

The first concrete offer for LFC is on the table with a crowd called the Rhone group offering £110m to buy roughly 40% of the club. The good news for LFC followers is that this would go directly to paying off club debt, which would roughly half the debt down to somewhere around £125 - 150m. Which is a phenomenal amount of money but peanuts compared to MU with over £700m. That investment would also half the interest repayments leaving us with an extra 10 - 15 million per year for the team. On top of that the new sponsorship deal kicks in from next year and thats up to £20m per year, again a huge increase on this years income. The end game on this is improving teh clubs financial health to win teh funding for the new stadium (the reason Purslow was brought in as CE)

So if Rafa goes a new manager could expect the normal annual player budget of £20m plus up to £30m more, if all the extra income and saving were made available for transfers. It's not Chelski or Man City levels of money but the team needs tweaking not completely rebuilding.

That said I'd struggle to accept Mourinhio after that "shhhh" gesture in the Carling Cup final. Personally I'm still backing Rafa. He won teh CL in 2005, took us to the final again, won an FA cup and last year was the closest we've been to winning the title in 20 years, with a points total that would probably win it this year. Yes this year has sucked but Shanks went from 66 to 73 without winning a trophy. Rafa has had good seasons with obvious progress every year. So the question is where those years just luck or is this year a blip? I'd give the man time, I think he's earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Remember lights out now and the clocks go foward tonight - 1 less hours sleep.

I've never really liked football anyway, I've only pretended all these years to impress the boys. :(

*wonders if that is believable*

• Advertisement

Another bad weekend for Leeds then? :pac:

Advertisement