Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

robinph wrote: »
    I'm getting there, only up to a year and a bit so far though.

When we going for our game of snooker or golf or better yet both :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How would golf work as a recovery session after a marathon? :D

robinph wrote: »
    How would golf work as a recovery session after a marathon? :D

You could skip the first 18 holes as they say

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Woooo won a €50 voucher for cycle superstore. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Babel you MUPPET!

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Babel you MUPPET!

Crap, forgot about that game.

Insua you MUPPET! Liverpool are in hari kari mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I'm on day one of a 5 day weekend. You in work today? Hate that.:cool:

Me too :D And also finished up on a project yesterday which I really didn't like, no more hassling solicitors for me...

LOLZ @ Liverpool :pac:

I've been supporting this team long enough to knoiw when it's going pear shaped!

• Advertisement

I've been messing around with hobbies for a while to find sth that I might enjoy and lately I've been turning wine bottles into lamps and I'm thinking could I make money from this for example pubs and restaurants and also special occasions such as peoples champagne bottles from their wedding or their 50th wedding annerversary, what do you's think? silly idea or a maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hmm... Hard to tell. Maybe post a picture?
    Home crafts are a hard sell outside of farmers markets, street markets, unless you're creating something really special.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

LOLZ @ Liverpool :pac:

^ This, and it was pretty hilarious to see how much they were getting ****ed over by the ref.

Hmm... Hard to tell. Maybe post a picture?
    Home crafts are a hard sell outside of farmers markets, street markets, unless you're creating something really special.

Will do their all missing shades at the moment, I didn't realise how expensive shades are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/4482132359/

This is the one I have in the sitting room, sorry about all the cables drives the other half mad. Obviously darker glass would be preferred, this is a frosted glass and you can see the cable towards the neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Woddle wrote: »
    I've been messing around with hobbies for a while to find sth that I might enjoy and lately I've been turning wine bottles into lamps and I'm thinking could I make money from this for example pubs and restaurants and also special occasions such as peoples champagne bottles from their wedding or their 50th wedding annerversary, what do you's think? silly idea or a maybe
    No idea is silly. (cabbage patch dolls). If you have a unique product that can sell itself (with a bit of a push) go for it. ATM in this country we need people who can think 'outside the box'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

^ +1. You are the 'ideas' man.
    I like it. Plus you get to drink lots of vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

A dishwasher safe blow up doll. Thats a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Will do their all missing shades at the moment, I didn't realise how expensive shades are.
    Woddle, talk to Zuppylurk his stepfather buys shades wholesale.He does some wood turning and makes wooden lamps.

If you are like me thinking what morning/afternoon would be best to do an LSR this weekend, it looks like Sunday is the winner. Mostly dry, less wind and slightly warmer conditions.

If you are like me thinking what morning/afternoon would be best to do an LSR this weekend, it looks like Sunday is the winner. Mostly dry, less wind and slightly warmer conditions.

See, I told ya....a beautiful morning here in Kildare :o It really is nice today. What the hell!

• Advertisement

Easter football started so well, was so promising with a nice Chelsea win, alas, that was always going to go downhill come 3pm. :(

Easter football started so well, was so promising with a nice Chelsea win, alas, that was always going to go downhill come 3pm. :(

I was getting depressed cos Arsenal don't look like they're gonna score even against 10 man Wolves! But 3-0 down to Swindon?! You deffo win :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I used to train the local Enterprise Board's Start your own business course and home, crafts based businesses are a great way of having a "lifestyle" company; they allow you to work the hours you want, when you want but still generate an income. Since then the explosion in things like Etsy and local farmer and craft markets have made it easier to sell that kind of thing.

If you have any questions about business set ups and that kind of thing drop me a PM, glad to pass on any info I have but it's worth dropping into your local enterprise board for a chat.

xebec wrote: »
    I was getting depressed cos Arsenal don't look like they're gonna score even against 10 man Wolves! But 3-0 down to Swindon?! You deffo win :p

Not only is it 3-0 down to Swindon, it's 3-0 down to Swindon *****ng Town, AGAIN!

Desperate. We'll be lucky to finish in the playoffs at this rate.

Edit: Is my darling Fabregas playing? He's my captain, I need him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Not only is it 3-0 down to Swindon, it's 3-0 down to Swindon *****ng Town, AGAIN!

I'm having quite a good football day so far. Utd lost, Spurs are loosing and Leeds are imploding. All we need now is Burnely to do one on Man City and it'll have been a very good day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Yep. Only 6 points in it. Another new manager on the way?:rolleyes:

And at Elland Road too... (Am I rubbing it in enough?!) You'll make the play-offs no bother though, although I'm sure the mighty Huddersfield will be trying to give you a run for your money!

Arsenal have been shocking today :(

Edit: No, your darling Fabregas has a broken fibula and is out until end of May, how'd you miss that one?! He broke it before he scored the penalty on Wednesday night...

gerard65 wrote: »
    Yep. Only 6 points in it. Another new manager on the way?:rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me. He's been messing around with the squad and with formations constantly though and that is really, really frustrating. Not a chance of auto-promotion now for me, Swindon now in 2nd - 2 points ahead of us. We've completely bottled it.
    And at Elland Road too... (Am I rubbing it in enough?!) You'll make the play-offs no bother though, although I'm sure the mighty Huddersfield will be trying to give you a run for your money!

Arsenal have been shocking today :(

I admire your faith in us. We can't score. Looking at the remaining fixtures last week I could only see us picking up points in two of them, we have a tough run in and need one hell of a confidence boosting run. 7 game unbeaten run or bust now.
    Edit: No, your darling Fabregas has a broken fibula and is out until end of May, how'd you miss that one?! He broke it before he scored the penalty on Wednesday night...

Awww...poor Fab. :( I really need to pay more attention to my fantasy team.

Bendtner in the 94th minute!!! Poor Mick McCarthy looking very forlorne... Great finish :D

Edit: and then we go 5 attackers against 1 defender and still can't score!! Ah well, 3 points!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Grand National tips anyone?

Advertisement