Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

robinph wrote: »
    The last time that volcanoe erupted it carried on for two years:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull

Eyjafjallajökull (pronounced [ˈɛɪjaˌfjatlaˌjœkʏtl̥], ..........????????

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Bally8 wrote: »
    I swear to god if a stupid volcano stops me getting married I'll flip out totally!!!!

Flying out of Dublin? does look like Dublin airport closed until at least 11am tomorrow and most of flights after than seem to be cancelled too as planes couldn't get in today..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

'Run Fatboy Run' is on tonight. Anyone know if its any good?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

gerard65 wrote: »

It's alright, good for a lazy watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I thought it was quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

It's a bad comedy with some funny bits in it... If there's nothing on and you just want to relax in front of the TV then go for it. Simon Pegg movies are never great, usually cheesey but always have a laugh or three in there somewhere :)

Thanks. So its not 'life-changing'. I think I'll visit a public house instead and wet my whistle.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Thanks. So its not 'life-changing'. I think I'll visit a public house instead and wet my whistle.:)

Sounds like a much better idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Piling the pressure on Citeh to keep winning now...Come on You Spurs!!!

Should have been 4 or 5 today. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Spurs did us a big favour today. Very happy with that. :)

• Advertisement

We messed up. Again. :rolleyes:

Have spent ages looking for Edinburgh hotels. Again. Why did I cancel my last one, Edinburgh hotels are unbelievably expensive, I really resent paying over 200 yoyos for a hotel room I'm barely using. :rolleyes:

We messed up. Again. :rolleyes:

Have spent ages looking for Edinburgh hotels. Again. Why did I cancel my last one, Edinburgh hotels are unbelievably expensive, I really resent paying over 200 yoyos for a hotel room I'm barely using. :rolleyes:

At least Millwall lost too. You're clinging on to that automatic promo spot.

Spurs did us a big favour today. Very happy with that. :)

As big as Scholes did for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Pain in my hoop stuck in Amsterdam - pray for rain and a wind direction.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Pain in my hoop stuck in Amsterdam - pray for rain and a wind direction.
    You could be there for a few more days:( Trains and ferries an option??
    I heard hotels across europe are tripling their prices. They know they have 'captive' guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

driving to Calais on Tuesday morning to try my luck and feel like I'm making progress. No hire cars as they've all been taken on one way trips.

Arsenal. What the hell?

Was 2-1 when we got to Ryans, few minutes later Wigan were winning. How Arsenal struggle without mu Fab. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Arsenal. What the hell?

Was 2-1 when we got to Ryans, few minutes later Wigan were winning. How Arsenal struggle without mu Fab. :(
    Wigan? Aren't they a rugby league team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Arsenal. What the hell?

You guys probably didn't hear the radio commentary on BBC Radio 5Live. As Wigan won a corner at 1-2 (which they scored from) the impartial summariser Robbie Savage shouted 'Come on Wigan.' When N'Zogbia got the winner you could hear him shouting and cheering.

Times past you could rely on the Beeb for balanced reporting :rolleyes: but I have to say it was fun, unless you were a Gooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I can't seem to get this stream of the Boston marathon to work: http://www.universalsports.com/premium/ anyone any luck?

Any boardsies running Boston this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I can't seem to get this stream of the Boston marathon to work: http://www.universalsports.com/premium/ anyone any luck?

Think you need to pay for that one. Try justin tv. I having a problem accessing this one with proxy in work too though so anyone knows of any others i can try.
    Hall leading at 10k just for a quick update group of about 10 of them in the leading pack though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

ecoli wrote: »
    Think you need to pay for that one. Try justin tv. I having a problem accessing this one with proxy in work too though so anyone knows of any others i can try.
    Hall leading at 10k just for a quick update group of about 10 of them in the leading pack though

Your answer is here. Hall 10 secs back after 10m!

Live RW feed here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

christeb wrote: »
    Your answer is here. Hall 10 secs back after 10m!

Live RW feed here

Seems to be in the group to me;)

shels4ever wrote: »
    Seems to be in the group to me;)

Just got back in by the looks

Just got back in by the looks

I'd better hid my credit card now as i might just signup for a marathon....

Or i'll just stick on some Xc when this is over :)

shels4ever wrote: »
    I'd better hid my credit card now as i might just signup for a marathon....

Or i'll just stick on some Xc when this is over :)

Looks unreal doesn't it? In 364days and 22hrs 50mins I'll be starting on the same start line next year, guaranteed* :cool:

* not a guarantee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Looks unreal doesn't it? In 364days and 22hrs 50mins I'll be starting on the same start line next year, guaranteed* :cool:

* not a guarantee

Keep having to convince myself i still to young to start on the marathons for a few more years but looking at races like this makes me wanna go for one

Yep looks like great fun ,but i have to keep telling myself that i dont like marathons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

RoyMcC wrote: »
    but I have to say it was fun, unless you were a Gooner.

It was not fun, I can assure you :mad::mad::mad:. I'm not too bothered about being out of the title race as I never believed we would win it (ie, I never believed that the players believed that they would win it :confused:). Capitulating in that way at 2-0 up was disgraceful though :mad::mad::mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Why do people insist on inputting "202.31 miles" in to the 1,000 mile challenge table when the heading clearly says "Running Miles".
    And 2 places of decimal?
    Stick in 202.3
    We'll all understand that it's miles :eek:.

Advertisement