Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

ok I give up. I'm also glad I didn't know what FYP meant. I did look it up though, which is a bit sad.

i dont know what means either...really

im guessing its For Your ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

SUNGOD wrote: »
    i dont know what that means...really

im also sorry for taking the piss out of misty floyd :pac::pac::pac:

Fixed Your Post (FYP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Now you've got it misty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

For your pleasure?
    I like this game.

My favourite: SWMBO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Fixed Your Post (FYP)

so obvious now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Urban Dictionary is always a great source for sorting out those Internet acronyms... They have to be gotten right, the Internets is very serious business!

internet_serious_business3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

For your pleasure?
    I like this game.

My favourite: SWMBO.

I have one of those !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

xebec wrote: »
    Urban Dictionary is always a great source for sorting out those Internet acronyms... They have to be gotten right, the Internets is very serious business!

My old 80's one is not in there 'GBYH' does that mean I beat the Internet - huh ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    My old 80's one is not in there 'GBYH' does that mean I beat the Internet - huh ;)

Go Boil Your Head?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I googled that one and the closest I got was an airplane crash at Tehran Airport in 1984 (before I was born :P)... So what's it mean?

• Advertisement

copacetic - is obviously from my era :pac:...there was another version which was 'GHYB', bit rude for on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Richard Nixon- SOGOTP (In Queen's english; "Would you mind terribly hurrying up a bit, old chap")

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Huzzah!! My faith is humanity has been restored- somebody handed my ring into services today :D Apparently it was embedded in the grass but her dog uprooted it :D

Yippeeee.. Going to celebrate by finishing an assignment ;)

JKF wrote: »
    Huzzah!! My faith is humanity has been restored- somebody handed my ring into services today :D Apparently it was embedded in the grass but her dog uprooted it :D

Yippeeee.. Going to celebrate by finishing an assignment ;)

Glad you got it bark :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Yeah, you really had a ruff time of it there, delighted its all rover now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Now you're like a child with a new toy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

My computer won't let me log out. I've been trying to get out of here all evening. Stuck in boards forever.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Saw it last night.........Terrible film. Really liked the first one but this was muck. Not even the presence of the lovely Scarlett in a catsuit could redeem this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

tunguska wrote: »
    Saw it last night.........Terrible film. Really liked the first one but this was muck. Not even the presence of the lovely Scarlett in a catsuit could redeem this crap.
    Great soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

gerard65 wrote: »
    Great soundtrack.

This is true. Although you cant go far wrong with Ac/Dc.

On a non-ironman related matter........Fair to play to Fulham, they've been brilliant in Europe all year. They deserve to go on and win the competition outright now. Did it the hard way at that, beating Last years champions Shakhtar Donesk, then Juventes, and German Champs Wolfsburg aswell. As for Liverpool........move along please, nothing to see here.

• Advertisement

Changing the subject again, Gerry Ryan was found dead in his apartment. No more news on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Changing the subject again, Gerry Ryan was found dead in his apartment. No more news on it.

Found dead in last couple of hours, shocking that half the internet users in the country are discussing it and the national broadcaster isn't going to comment on it until after 5pm ?

RTE at the moment. It seems he wasn't feeling well yesterday and phoned in to say he would'nt be able to do the show this morning. Was found dead in his apartment this morning. Its was kept quite until all his family were informed. I'm surprised the RTE race is going ahead in the morning!

Gerry Ryan RIP

On a lighter note the OH is after making a huge Pavlova will all the trimmings and I'm supposed to be racing tomorrow - decisions - decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Gerry Ryan RIP

On a lighter note the OH is after making a huge Pavlova will all the trimmings and I'm supposed to be racing tomorrow - decisions - decisions.

Go for it. It's what Gerry would have wanted;)

So hard luck Connacht - but they froze every time they made it into the Toulon 22, but well done Galway Utd 2 - 0 away to Bray.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Seriously hating football...heart in mouth moments all over the shop this afternoon. Come on Leeds ffs!

Seriously hating football...heart in mouth moments all over the shop this afternoon. Come on Leeds ffs!
    Just one goal and we've up. This is painfull.

SH1TE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Typical Leeds. We won't win next week, we won't handle the pressure.

Advertisement