Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

JKF wrote: »
    I applied for a PhD today.. just in case I actualy want to do it!! Still not convinced :confused: 4 more years in college :eek:
    My masters thesis supervisor was trying to talk me into doing a PhD a few weeks ago... there is no way I'm even considering 4 more years in college.

What are you planning on doing it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Anybody know of any sites where I can watch this online?

(Please keep in mind that Im IT retarded, so the simpler the better).
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

tunguska wrote: »
    Anybody know of any sites where I can watch this online?

(Please keep in mind that Im IT retarded, so the simpler the better).
    Cheers
    justin.tv does most sporting events online.google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

kennyb3 wrote: »
    justin.tv does most sporting events online.google is your friend

Can't believe its not on the telly

its on tv3 i presume tunguska is in work or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

its on tv3 i presume tunguska is in work or something

I am indeed kenny. So whats this justintv? Is that www.justintv.com

Dropped a pair of suit trousers and tie into a dry cleaners for convenience, had used them for suit before but never checked the price list (i know i know). anyway the trousers were €7.50 - not too bad, anyway the tie was €7 - wtf?? and worst of all i had noticed it was €5 on their price list but they charged me €7 - €2 more cause it was stained according to the receipt - again wtf?? why would i use the dry cleaners in first place if it wasnt stained.:mad::mad: i ve been had

yeah thats it tunguska after that your on your own tho

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've pm'd you tunguska.

One good trick for watching sports online is to sign up to bet365 via a US or Australian proxy and you can get live UK sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

http://www.myp2p.eu/

Here you can find links for all sports events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Dropped a pair of suit trousers and tie into a dry cleaners for convenience, had used them for suit before but never checked the price list (i know i know). anyway the trousers were €7.50 - not too bad, anyway the tie was €7 - wtf?? and worst of all i had noticed it was €5 on their price list but they charged me €7 - €2 more cause it was stained according to the receipt - again wtf?? why would i use the dry cleaners in first place if it wasnt stained.:mad::mad: i ve been had

Sounds like you were taken to the cleaners!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Anybody drink Coors light? Fancied a few beers with the match and went with the "light" option to help me feel a bit better about the additional calories. Quite tasty if I'm honest. Match isn't half bad either

Coors Light is rotten, and I don't know how anyone can drink it. My 17 year old sister loves it though.

Coors Light is rotten, and I don't know how anyone can drink it. My 17 year old sister loves it though.

Ah it's not so bad. I do like bland beers though. I'm letting some awful farts however :o

I do like bland beers though.
    That probably explains it - I like my beer to taste like beer, not water :pac:

Delayed response but I hope you weren't comparing me to a 17 year old girl! Your sister shouldn't be drinking anyway;)

Your sister shouldn't be drinking anyway;)
    Fully aware of that, but we live in Dublin 24 so she's actually a late starter ;)

Fully aware of that, but we live in Dublin 24 so she's actually a late starter ;)

I won't hear a bad word said about talafornia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Woohoo flights booked!:D Travelling here I come! Brazil -> Uruguay -> Argentina -> Chile -> Peru -> New Zealand -> Melbourne.:D:D:D

Must find some 10km races for when I settle in Melbourne for awhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

04072511 wrote: »
    Woohoo flights booked!:D Travelling here I come! Brazil -> Uruguay -> Argentina -> Chile -> Peru -> New Zealand -> Melbourne.:D:D:D

You lucky lucky bawstard, enjoy every minute of it, you'll have a ball. Spent time in Melbourne before and found it a bit gloomy. Get up to Sydney - magical place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

04072511 wrote: »

reading that just ruined my Friday :P
    I thought I was doing well having a boss free day on my last Friday in this job..... so Jealous! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I see friends updates on Facebook, things like: " was just swimming with tropical fish and a dophin" or "35 degrees heat, bbq and beer...you can't beat it".

Is that to make us all jealous or ........? I'm getting jealous of it all. Its every day and its beginning to annoy me.

What about posting on Facebook: "I did 38mins at a 10km today...yippee!"...is that the same? Is that boasting?

Edit: I'm not suggesting you are boasting 04...thats totally different and all good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Starting to watch The Green Mile at this time on a Sunday evening was a really bad idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

The mouse did it. There, now you can turn it off:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

A little piece of my childhood died today with the passing away of Ronnie James Dio - original and best Rainbow line up.
    RIP Ronnie!
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/05/16/r-i-p-ronnie-james-dio/

^ RIP a legend

Listening to Holy Diver now in memory.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

8,000 posts.

w00t!1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

No HEC Final for the Aviva in 2011 or 2012 :(
    Venue for 2011 is the Millenium Stadium and 2012 is Twickenham! sigh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

No HEC Final for the Aviva in 2011 or 2012 :(
    Venue for 2011 is the Millenium Stadium and 2012 is Twickenham! sigh!

you must be a leinster gal :rolleyes:

Advertisement