Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

gerard65 wrote: »
    You'll get use to it eventually, after walking like John Wayne for some time. You've heard about Jockeys and their neither regions:p

The legs felt very funny afterwards as it has been a very long time since they powered a bike so was having to concentrate hard for the first couple of steps so as to not fall over.

I'll leave the jockeys to mind their own nether regions though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm helping my gf get bike fit at the mo, she's doing very well but is fighting the aches and pains of it. It reminds me of my first few spins, good god the pain was something I'll never forget in my neck and legs but especially my ass, I thought I'd never sit down again...
    But you get used to it and it is so worth it. Nothing like the feeling of grinding up a hill climb which has always looked so unconquerable hitting the peek and knowing you just did the impossible. Of course the second best feeling is the freewheel down the other side:D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

Ahhhh... conflict free zone :D

South Africa in 10 days for World Cup!!! Didn't think I'd ever be so excited about going to see grown men kick a ball around a field :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

JKF wrote: »
    Ahhhh... conflict free zone :D

South Africa in 10 days for World Cup!!! Didn't think I'd ever be so excited about going to see grown men kick a ball around a field :p
    So who is everyone supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Viva Espana! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Whoever is playing England (sorry robinph)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JKF

South Africa.. because I have to at least for the group stages! I reckon they'll be knocked out then but dont tell my OH that :D So far we have tickets for SA-Mexico and hoping to get some for SA-France

After that it depends whos left.. I'll support whoever looks most likely to win!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

menoscemo wrote: »
    Whoever is playing England (sorry robinph)

I'd have kinda the opposite thought on this, I'd like England to do well to a point as I'm familiar with their players and stuff, just as long as they don't win it. Maradonnas Argentina for me, alot of players in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

MY regular haunt is supporting Mexico as it did in 2006 so I will be getting behind them again. Great idea and what a laugh last time. Every Mexican in Dublin was there by the knock-outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

robinph wrote: »
    Just been out for a ride on a new racing bike this evening. Didn't go very far, but it was enough to confirm that they are not made for comfort. :eek:

What you get? I got one too, Trek 1.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Woddle wrote: »
    Maradonnas Argentina for me, alot of players in form.
    All the players, but the team seems to be less than the sum of its parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Viva Espana! :)

+1

All the players, but the team seems to be less than the sum of its parts.

I think their biggest negative is their manager but there is enough experienced heads in the team to do a job regardless of the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

'The special one' has left Inter for Real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I'd have kinda the opposite thought on this, I'd like England to do well to a point as I'm familiar with their players and stuff, just as long as they don't win it.

Me too. Knowing all of the players makes it a lot more interesting. you'd never hear the end of it if they won though.

"There are people on the pitch !! , They think its over! , it is now!!" yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

...it's national fish 'n' chips day, half price at your local chipper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I know this is completely off topic but I thought the last epsiode of Lost was great. Thought the whole series, from start to finish was amazing. Will never see anything like it again.

(Awaits barage of abuse form Lost hating public)

And its the Ivory Coast for me in the World cup. It should be Argentina but Maradona has made a balls of what is arguably the most talented International team in the world. Having Maradona in charge of the Argentinian national squad is like Gazza managing the English team......with Jimmy 5 bellies as his assistant.

Tungunska, were you running on Taylors lane yesterday? thought I saw you but I've only ever met you once so was unsure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

tunguska wrote: »
    I know this is completely off topic but I thought the last epsiode of Lost was great. Thought the whole series, from start to finish was amazing. Will never see anything like it again.

lost lost me after the writers strike i have to admit, loved it until then...maybe i should have stayed with it.. Currently getting stuck into breaking bad at the moment though - some class characters in that and sam raimi's spartacus has the makings of the greatest schlock tv series ever..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Tungunska, were you running on Taylors lane yesterday? thought I saw you but I've only ever met you once so was unsure.

Nope wasnt me Woddle, I was in Tymon park yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

tunguska wrote: »

wtzBE.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Absolutely brilliant donothoponpop!

I have to stop myself becoming a howler.... "hey guys have you heard of barefoot running?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I really bloody hate Irish roads. Went over a pothole(well it's a manhole thats indented about 7 inches into the road) on the way home and boom goes my rear tyre. Poor William is always getting hurt. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I really bloody hate Irish roads. Went over a pothole(well it's a manhole thats indented about 7 inches into the road) on the way home and boom goes my rear tyre. Poor William is always getting hurt. :(
    Same happened me the other day, dented the rim and all, just got the bike back tonight

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Same happened me the other day, dented the rim and all, just got the bike back tonight

I haven't dared check the rim yet. I don't want to upset myself. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

1st mistake was calling it William ...

ULstudent wrote: »

:eek: you so didn't :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

ULstudent wrote: »

Yep Williams always turn into Bills - how much for a back tyre :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

kennyb3 wrote: »

Same happened to me a couple of weeks back. Hit a huge pot-hole at speed. Unfortunately it's an uppey-downey rim buckle, rather than a lefty-rightey, which my local bike shop tells me means I need a new wheel rim. He took my wheel for two weeks, before returning it today untouched, telling me he doesn't do wheel rebuilds any more... Grrr.... :mad:

Very angry clown.

Advertisement